Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 4:16:09 PM EDT
Thinking of making the 2 hour round trip tomorrow just because selection here locally is not exactly overflowing. Is Cabela's usually good with their prices? Anything else I should know?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:18:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I would buy one if the price was right. I just priced one at sportsmans warehouse. I saw it 40 bucks cheaper at the last saxet gun show.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:20:57 PM EDT
[#2]
As MUShoot said, If the price is right.

The thing about Cabelas is their price is rarely right.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:32:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Gun Tests rates their SAA/Bisley clones a "best buy."

I know there are those out there that hate those Gun Tests guys, but they may have a point.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:48:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Only if the price is right for what you want I say. They tend to be pricy in my area.hinking.gif
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:52:29 PM EDT
[#5]
If the price is decent and because they offer a 30 day refund guarantee for any reason AT ALL!!!  Even if you have fired it.  I bought a bushmaster M4 there that was resonably priced.  You CAN'T beat that type of refund policy.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:04:06 PM EDT
[#6]
If they have something on sale CHEAP, go for it. I got one here in Minnesota, 20 miles from the place, anything on the used gun rack is what you'd pay NEW. I'd rather spend the money at a "small" shop.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:07:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I would buy one from them, and would do so again, just know the price of the guns your interested in, sometimes they have a deal sometimes, not so much, just know a wise shopper and yull do great
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:07:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Only if my local FFL's do not have the pistol in stock or they would not order said pistol for me.

Cabelas is over rated as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:11:57 PM EDT
[#9]
not unless I had money to burn.  you can find the same thing for sale at a much lower price on line.  Depends on if you want to shop around or just get something.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:31:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Cabalas is a bit high on new guns but if you look, you can sometimes find a nice deal on used one's if you know what you are looking for. I have bought 3 handguns from them. A Ruger SS bearcat for $200 very slightly used with case and paper, a Colt 1991 in perfect shape except that someone had put on a set of very nice wood grips for $400 and a Colt blued Commander, unfired for $500. Those are pretty fair prices. Black rifles are a rip off there, and usually a POS if used. So are Garands and such, Bleh, most are in poor shape and the bores are GONE. They still want about double what they are worth as they seem to sell them to people who just want one for the sake of wanting one.
The biggest problem with Cabalas is if there ia a decent deal, it won't last all that long so it's luck of the draw who see's it first. I have seen some turn in police refurb'd SIGS that were not all that bad.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:32:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks guys. I think I'll go with a local shop then.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:31:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Walk in with $500 in gift certificates and their prices are GREAT!  Had no problems with them shipping to my FFL either (no store in CO, yet).

The certificiates come to me, indirectly and slowly, from work.  It's great.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:34:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Im done with them myself, but thats just me. I can be a real asshole when it comes to where I spend my money.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:39:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Give the local shop a chance  Cabelas is never cheap

but i may be a bit bias
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:44:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Cabelas in Rogers MN has a Glock 17 for $549.99  

So my answer is No I would not
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:48:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Defiantly not, If Cabalas ever had a reasonablely priced item I think I would have a stroke
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:46:06 AM EDT
[#17]
there prices are way out of line with the local shops around utah thats a hell of a lot of overhead to pay for
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:30:21 PM EDT
[#18]
It's like gander Mt. You might find a deal on something used, otherwise pass and go to a local shop. We should all do that anyway. But who doesn't like to save money?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top