Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 4:12:56 PM EDT
do you just run it through the barrel dry?  or do you add some powder solvent to the string before the brush part?  what about lubrication, do you put some oil on the end of the string so the bore can be oiled as the snake is run through it?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:16:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I use some BreakFree ahead, on, and behind the brush and a few pulls through..
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:16:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I just spray the brush with nitro-solvent to begin with.  3-5 pulls though, call 'er done.

Then again, the only thing I use a boresnake on is my SKS because I'm too lazy to take the damned thing apart on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:31:55 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the replies.  what exactly is nitro-solvent?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:34:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Never did have much luck getting a bored snake to do anything.......... let alone clean...........
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:36:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Never did have much luck getting a bored snake to do anything.......... let alone clean...........

I'm with you.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:56:53 PM EDT
[#6]
soak the part right in front of the bristles with bore solvent and pull through bore from chamber end out the muzzle end about 5 times, then put some oil on the end and pull it through one more time to put a protective coat of oil  in the bore.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:03:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
thanks for the replies.  what exactly is nitro-solvent?

Brand name solvent made by Outers.
www.outers-guncare.com/products/chemprod_page.aspx?subcatg_id=1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top