Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2001 10:47:20 AM EDT
Shot off some reloads of 69 gr.hpbt hornadys slightly under max, to just under mag length and full length sized and no crimp. About the 7th one froze everything up. I cant tell if the round is live or not. The bolt carrier is a little less than an inch from going all the way into the chamber area. I pushed out rear pin and could not break down rifle so I unscrewed the front and things loosened up some but cant get gun apart. Any suggestions before I head to the gunsmith--please!!!
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 10:50:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Take the butt off.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 10:52:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Ohh......
also once you have lose count
you have lost control.[;)]
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 10:55:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 10:57:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Loader,

I did the same thing in my AR-10 a couple of months ago.  Here's what I did:

- Remove the magazine and put the rifle in a rifle rest or, what I use, a vise with padded jaws, upside down.

- Carefully, CAREFULLY, use a large screwdriver between the front of the magazine well (protect the well since its AL) and push backwards on the bolt as gently as you can.  Usually, the bolt will come loose and you can then safely eject the round.  In my case the round was live and I carried it in the chamber all the way home from the range (approximately 40 miles).

Good luck!

Merlin
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 3:57:38 PM EDT
[#5]
 Thanks to everyone. I got the butt-stock off and discovered a tiny little spring and pin which interlocks with the rear pivot pin and managed to mess up the spring on one end during reassembly. But I was able to pull the Charger handle and get extraction of the LIVE round after tapping the base of the gun on  the ground.The spring should be simple enough to replace.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 3:58:45 PM EDT
[#6]
 Thanks to everyone. I got the butt-stock off and discovered a tiny little spring and pin which interlocks with the rear pivot pin and managed to mess up the spring on one end during reassembly. But I was able to pull the Charger handle and get extraction of the LIVE round after tapping the base of the gun on  the ground.The spring should be simple enough to replace. The case was not sized well enough at the very base unlike all the other rounds
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top