Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 1:02:32 PM EDT
For 3-4 weeks now I have been getting a call from the same number 4 to 5 times a day. It is a 514 area code. If I answer no one is there, then it hangs up after 5-10 seconds. When I call it back it give me 2 options:

1. "If you are calling this number because it appears on you caller ID and would like it removed, press 1". I entered my number and the system just hangs up.

2. "If you would like to be transfered to an representative, press 2". I press 2 and get a message that says no one can take my call at this time. Then the call disconnects.

No matter what time of day I call I get the same thing. The calls come in about the same time everyday. I know it is some computer assisted call but I amgetting a little pissed at this point. I have called my cell carrier but they cannot block a certain number from calling.

Has this happened to anyone? Any ideas would be appreciated!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:07:07 PM EDT
[#1]
get a new phone number?  ignore the call?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:11:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I get a similar call on my Cell...it is from some Mortgage Broker.
I called the number that the automated system gives me and I actually talked to the shithead.

I told him to stop calling.

The fucking same thing happened the next day.

I call the number talk to a different person and tell them to stop and I told them to give me the Company's address.
With that address I had my Attorney draw up papers saying that I am going to sue the company if the calls do not stop.
The papers were served and I recieved a call from their Legal department.  I told them to talk to my attorney.

We are know in litigation with this company, because they keep calling me with the same FUCKING Message.

I will collect damages and Attorney fees from these bastards.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:11:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
get a new phone number?  ignore the call?

It is a Crime for them to call you.

Put your cell number on the national do not call list.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top