Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 12:54:00 PM EDT
I started getting spam from Strategos International today with advertisments for lights. IIRC, Ken Good, formerly of Surefire started up this company. To the best of my knowledge, I never signed up to receive e-mail ads from this company and I know for fact that I never purchased anything from them so I am a bit confused as to why I am receiving the spam. Did AR15.com (or another vendor) sell or give my address to Strategos or did they data mine the boards for e-mail addresses? Regardless, I never intentionally gave them my e-mail address which is why the situation is perplexing.

I did the normally useless thing of asking to be removed from the mailing list when I received the first piece of spam but knowing Ken's reputation, I'm hoping they will actually remove me from their mailing list. Worst case, I will black list them and let the spam filter take care of their e-mail ads for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top