Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2006 12:31:04 PM EDT
I found an internet station that plays the Ood radio shows from the 40's and 50's.  I am to young to have ever heard these before on the radio, but I am really enjoying listening to these shows.  My favorites are from right around WW2.

I mean you can only listen to classic rock for so long and the new music is shit, so this is a nice change.

Is there anyplace I can download some of these old radio shows?

Thanks,
Echap
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:44:21 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I found an internet station that plays the Ood radio shows from the 40's and 50's.  I am to young to have ever heard these before on the radio, but I am really enjoying listening to these shows.  My favorites are from right around WW2.

I mean you can only listen to classic rock for so long and the new music is shit, so this is a nice change.

Thanks,
Echap

If you want to buy some old time CDs. Got to this site WWW. edwardrhamilton.com or www.hamiltonbooks.com.

They sell old radio series like THE SHADOW,
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:51:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Sometimes I like listening to channel 4 (40s) or channel 5 (50s) on XM.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:56:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thanks,
Echap

Well, a link to what you found would be nice.  You can also go here WAMU on Sunday afternoons at 7pm eastern.  Very good show.  XM also has great vintage radio.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:13:08 PM EDT
[#4]
echap -- don't leave us hanging, man. What's the link?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:04:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Check out this site.

"Radiolovers.com - Free Old Time Radio Shows

We offer hundreds of vintage radio shows for you to listen to online in mp3 format, all for free. Before the days of video games, shopping malls, MTV, and the Internet, families used to sit in their living room each night to listen to radio shows such as Abbott and Costello, Superman, Groucho Marx, The Avenger, Gunsmoke, Sherlock Homes, and many others. When TV become popular in the 1950's, most of these shows went off the air, but they now live on at websites such as this one and on weekly nostalgia radio broadcasts worldwide."

GL
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:55:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Who's on first?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top