Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2006 12:17:56 PM EDT
Just stepped out on the front porch to try some a new can of spray i thought was a stream, turned out to be more of a hose and covered the bird feeder, wonder how long its gonna be till she notices the feeder is always full
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:20:08 PM EDT
[#1]
See the attatched link for the problem solving flowchart

http://ylatis.com/darkon/humor/flochart.html    
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:20:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Just stepped out on the front porch to try some a new can of spray i thought was a stream, turned out to be more of a hose and covered the bird feeder, wonder how long its gonna be till she notices the feeder is always full

you should have waited untill there was birds on it
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:21:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:25:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Would that kill an animal the size of a bird? I'm guessing yes (respiratory failure?). That would be fucking cruel to spray on an animal for fun. If you need to kill a pest, shoot it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:27:01 PM EDT
[#5]

That leaves evidence.  Unless you SSS it.  That sounds like too much work.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:27:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Would that kill an animal the size of a bird? I'm guessing yes (respiratory failure?). That would be fucking cruel to spray on an animal for fun. If you need to kill a pest, shoot it.

The can claims 2 million heat units, not sure if its true. Its a hell of alot hotter then the stuff they give out at work, i gave it the sniff test made me cough.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:33:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Won't hurt them at all.  Pepper does not effect birds.  I feed my my lovebirds and parrot Cayanne flavored seed treats.

Now, when the wife goes out to service the feeder some questions are going to come about.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:45:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm not sure that birds are at all affected by hot pepper: http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mchili.html

However, you'd have to be some kind of asshat to leave food for small animals contaminated by a chemical spray.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:51:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:  Just stepped out on the front porch to try some a new can of spray i thought was a stream, turned out to be more of a hose and covered the bird feeder, wonder how long its gonna be till she notices the feeder is always full
Who was holding your beer when you did this?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:56:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The can claims 2 million heat units, not sure if its true. Its a hell of alot hotter then the stuff they give out at work, i gave it the sniff test made me cough.

I'm glad you didn't take my post the wrong way thinking that I was calling you cruel, since I know it was an accident and you didn't spray it on any birds.

And is modern pepper spray (like FOX Labs stuff) actually derived from the chemicals in peppers?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:10:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By Tanam

Maybe that's hot enough to make the birds spontaneously combust
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:49:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Originally Posted By Tanam

Maybe that's hot enough to make the birds spontaneously combust

Post picks of the birdies at the feeder flaktower.
Seriously, I know birds eat chili patins and lots of other hot shit without problems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top