Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2006 11:12:26 AM EDT
Six friggin' years I have been with the same company (Horace-Mann//Teachers Insurance) never filed one stinking claim or had one. They will not renew me, gave me less than 90 days notice. I'm not even near the water !
ETA: Their reason is that "Due to increased exposure to Natural Disasters in FL...blah, blah, blah... We are returning to our niche educator market.
I have everything you could reasonably have to reduce any sort of risk.. Bastards.

Some anyone want to recommend a good insurance company, prefer a pro-gun... Or at best, not anti-gun, company that will actually perform well.

USAA is out, they won't insure coastal communities in FL.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:25:06 AM EDT
[#1]
damn, nobody ?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:32:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Citizen's is one of the very few that I know of left writing in Florida.  What county are you in?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:20:25 AM EDT
[#3]
God hates florida. Sorry.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:29:01 AM EDT
[#4]
very few companies will write new business in FL, most are trying to get out due to the insurance dept not allowing the companies to increase rates to an appropriate level.  No one likes to pay for insurance, but there is definately a correct rate to allow the company to make enough money to pay claims.  FL is a bad risk even away from the water - several storms go straight across.  Remember Orlando this year?  

The best way to go is to find the largest local independent insurance agent and talk with them as they will know what your options are.  The larger the agency the more markets they will have for you.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:04:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Citizen's is one of the very few that I know of left writing in Florida.  What county are you in?

Escambia... NW-Fla.

Yea, my soon-to-be ExInsurance provider kindly pointed them out. I've heard bad things about Citizens.

I could probably get on with State Farm, but I remember a bunch of people on her complaining about that company.

Went out last night and it seems my InsCo has dumped five people I know.

I'm really PO'd, because I know what a PITA it's going to be to find something.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:04:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
God hates florida. Sorry.

Yea, that doesn't help... Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:36:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Depending on your Zip code number of claims and credit Travelers will take you most of Escambia county is eligible.  Unfortunatly at one time (this is a rumor) I had heard that Citizens was being helped heavily by the government.  Florida homeowners insurance sucks but if you want to talk I am a licensed insurance agent in Florida, IM me and I will be happy to talk about your options that I am aware of with you.  Last I heard State Farm was not taking any new Florida Homeowners business.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:39:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Yea, Citizens sucks big time.  Florida sucks in that area big time (and in a few other areas).  I'm trying my damnedest to get out of this state.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top