Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2006 7:54:39 AM EDT
I'm not paying attention....obviously. I see a lot of you with pink ribbon avatars. What, exactly, does that mean?

And while we are at it, tell me what a yellow ribbon means (for the troops. I guess I do know that one), a red ribbon, a gray ribbon, a blue etc..etc..etc..

NOTE: after I get the answers, it's off to the fabric store so I can decorate all my trees with neat little ribbons that mean a whole bunch of important things <---my face after my buddies see 'em and punch me in the face.

And, just to make this thread even more important and meaningful, what are some other signs and symbols, and what do they mean? Here, in Utah, we have a unique sign/symbol. All my neighbors say, "Hi" to me by holding up their hands and their middle fingers. It is how I know that they really like and care about me.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:57:24 AM EDT
[#1]
red = aids
pink = breast cancer(or cancer in general, maybe)
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:57:52 AM EDT
[#2]
The Team Forum has the answer (seriously) along with a lot of BOTD threads (more than usual right now)
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:00:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The Team Forum has the answer (seriously) along with a lot of BOTD threads (more than usual right now)

Team Forum? Dammit. Can't get in there. Another reason I need to send in that 20 bucks.

But, I guess based on the answer above yours, men here at ARFCOM really care about breasts. Tell me something else I don't know.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:02:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Off to the Team Forum I go.

back in 5... 4... 3....
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:05:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Off to the Team Forum I go.

back in 5... 4... 3....

Yep. Edited above. And I'm still stickin' with that "I need all my money for my kid's chemo treatments" lie.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:07:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:16:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm not paying attention....obviously. I see a lot of you with pink ribbon avatars. What, exactly, does that mean?

As mentioned, the ribbons symbolizes support for various causes.

Here at ARFCOM, it is displayed to show support to a Team Member and the wife of another member (as I have read) who has breast cancer.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:16:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I went to google.com, typed in "pink ribbon" and turned up pages of correct explanations.  I then decided to test my luck so I typed in "yellow ribbon" - sure enough, the search came back with full details.   You'd be surprised what you can find out by using the google search engine.  I find it simply amazing.      

And, going with that, I'm still back to all the people here using pink ribbons in their avatars all really really care about breast cancer. I'm kinda thinkin' there is more to the story here at ARFCOM as related to those pink ribbons. But, apparently, I need a decoder ring to get the answer. I guess it is off to drink more Ovaltine because you guys are of no help what-so-ever.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:23:53 AM EDT
[#9]
FWIW, my #40 Pat Tillman bracelet is red.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:25:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I went to google.com, typed in "pink ribbon" and turned up pages of correct explanations.  I then decided to test my luck so I typed in "yellow ribbon" - sure enough, the search came back with full details.   You'd be surprised what you can find out by using the google search engine.  I find it simply amazing.      

And, going with that, I'm still back to all the people here using pink ribbons in their avatars all really really care about breast cancer. I'm kinda thinkin' there is more to the story here at ARFCOM as related to those pink ribbons. But, apparently, I need a decoder ring to get the answer.

FWICS, there are a few members who have revealed that they are victims of breast cancer.

If you look closely at the avatars, you'll notice some of them have names listed in the ribbons.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:26:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

As mentioned, the ribbons symbolizes support for various causes.

Here at ARFCOM, it is displayed to show support to a Team Member and the wife of another member (as I have read) who has breast cancer.

Thanks, Jon3 and eye_spy.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:32:59 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And, going with that, I'm still back to all the people here using pink ribbons in their avatars all really really care about breast cancer. I'm kinda thinkin' there is more to the story here at ARFCOM as related to those pink ribbons. But, apparently, I need a decoder ring to get the answer. I guess it is off to drink more Ovaltine because you guys are of no help what-so-ever.

I can tell you what the secret message is already.

D - R - I - N - K      M - O - R - E       O - V - A - L - T - I - N - E

A crummy commercial.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:35:06 AM EDT
[#13]
One of our members, pattymcn, has breast cancer.  M4Madness thought it was a good idea to get a team member support thing going on till the end of last year.  I changed mine back but I support the cause!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top