Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2006 3:15:41 AM EDT
www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,182278,00.html

... "In simple terms, this is the story of a decent and honorable young man embarked on a spiritual quest," said Frank Lindh, swallowing back tears at times during a speech at the Commonwealth Club, a nonprofit organization. Frank Lindh said that although his son had nothing to do with the Sept. 11 attacks, they ended up adding dire consequences to his decision to join the Taliban, targeted by the U.S. after the 2001 attacks for harboring Al Qaeda leader Usama bin Laden.

"Being viewed through the prism of those attacks has caused this young man to be vilified as a terrorist and a traitor," the elder Lindh said. John Walker Lindh, who turns 25 next month, was 20 when he was captured by American forces on Nov. 21, 2001, alongside Taliban fighters.

Charged with conspiring to kill Americans and supporting terrorists, the younger Lindh avoided a potential life sentence in 2002 by pleading guilty to lesser charges of supplying services to the Taliban in violation of U.S. economic sanctions and of carrying weapons against U.S. forces. In exchange, John Walker Lindh agreed to withdraw claims of abuse or torture. ...

John Walker Lindh, raised Catholic, was 12 when he saw the movie "Malcolm X" and became interested in Islam, his father said. A few years later he converted to Islam in a mosque in Mill Valley. With his parents' blessings, he headed to Yemen, and later Pakistan, to memorize the Quran and become an Islamic scholar. What did Frank Lindh think of his son's decision to pursue these studies?

"It's a wonderful thing for an American kid to go overseas and study, to learn another language, to learn another religion, these are great things," he said. In the spring of 2001, John Walker Lindh told his parents he was going to dodge the desert heat and spend the summer in the mountains of Pakistan. He did not tell his parents that he planned to cross into Afghanistan and join the Taliban army. The younger Lindh saw bin Laden speak twice while he was training in Afghanistan, but had no idea that he was involved in terrorism against the U.S., his father said. ...

Oh man, those Kalifornia libs are kooky as heck! Get a load of this fruitcake! www.papillonsartpalace.com/sympathy.htm

... Examiner columnist P.J. Corkery wrote that Walker's dad, Frank Lindh, left his wife for a man, and intimated that it helped drive Walker into the arms of Osama bin Laden. "When Frank Lindh left his family in 1997, it was to move in with a male companion," Corkery reported. ". . . Family friends say the men lived as a gay couple . . . Sources close to the family say the father's turn of life from married man to modern gay man startled and flustered the 16-year-old." Corkery said Lindh has been trying to keep his "turn of life" out of the papers, noting, "Given the pummeling that the Walkers . . . have taken from the national press over their wayward son, you can't blame the old man for wanting to suppress reporting on his sexuality." ...
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:19:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Someone should have parked a bullet in young Walker Lindh's brain pan before he ever left Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:19:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd like to wrap several loops of det-cord around Lindh's neck.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:23:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Fuck him. They should have hung his ass.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:33:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Fuck him. They should have hung his ass.

That's a big +1
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:37:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Someone should have parked a bullet in young Walker Lindh's brain pan before he ever left Afghanistan.

They should have done the same with Saddam Hussein, too. Would have saved us all a lot of trouble.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:41:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:46:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They should have done the same with Saddam Hussein, too. Would have saved us all a lot of trouble.

as much as i agree a part of me also feels sorry for that kid. Gay dad runs off with his boyfreind, mom's a feel good liberal. NO PARENTING anywhere in the family to tell him NO this is a bad idea. Johnny fucked up big time because mom and dad were dumbasses.

Not me. Lots of kids have it a LOT worse than poor little Johnny did, and somehow they resist the temptation to run out and join the Taliban.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:00:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

as much as i agree a part of me also feels sorry for that kid. Gay dad runs off with his boyfreind, mom's a feel good liberal. NO PARENTING anywhere in the family to tell him NO this is a bad idea. Johnny fucked up big time because mom and dad were dumbasses.

Not me. Lots of kids have it a LOT worse than poor little Johnny did, and somehow they resist the temptation to run out and join the Taliban.  

A lot fo kids just run out and join the local gang and then shoot up kids in their neighborhood.  Yay, they didn't go to a foreign contry to shoot at things.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:01:49 AM EDT
[#9]

. . .  you can't blame the old man for wanting to suppress reporting on his sexuality. ...

Yes you can.  Doesn't he know that homosexuality is the highest possible aspiration for liberals?  He is doing a dis-service to himself and the entire liberal movement by not parading his desire to have anal sex with another man on Good morning America.

Liberals....   It really is ashame they are classified as human beings.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:13:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted: Yes you can.  Doesn't he know that homosexuality is the highest possible aspiration for liberals?  He is doing a dis-service to himself and the entire liberal movement by not parading his desire to have anal sex with another man on Good morning America.
Hey, that could be the sequel! Brokeback Mountain II: the Valleys of the Hindu Kush, the story of a father and his son as they fight for justice, equality, and search for Akbar's sweet love.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:22:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A lot fo kids just run out and join the local gang and then shoot up kids in their neighborhood.  Yay, they didn't go to a foreign contry to shoot at things.

No comparison. I bet you think we should address the whole terrorist issue as a criminal problem.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:44:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:51:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Blah, blah, blah... Send him BACK to Asscrackistan, let the HAJIs keep him! Why are we wasting good US tax dollars on feeding this shitwit in prison, give him back his towel, put him on a camel and send him off in the desert.. Hasta Mini-Haji!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:52:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:56:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:07:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Obviously young Lindh didn't amass his own fortune at age 20, so someone else was financing his little jet-setting tour of shitty muslim nations.

This asshole should be charged with financing terrorism since he footed the bill on Johnny's adventures.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:37:39 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted: Obviously young Lindh didn't amass his own fortune at age 20, so someone else was financing his little jet-setting tour of shitty muslim nations. This asshole should be charged with financing terrorism since he footed the bill on Johnny's adventures.
That's an excellent angle. Burn them at both ends. Capture/kill the fighters on the front and capture/kill the financers in the back.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:46:24 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, Johnny's parents are wack jobs.  Still, Johnny should have been strung up.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:00:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Sympathy can be found in the dictionary between Shit and Syphilis
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top