Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2006 2:25:22 AM EDT
Let's say the new resolution goes through and they can import them again, how do people feel about these shotguns?  Must have?  To be avoided?  Somewhere in between?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:35:25 AM EDT
[#1]
My memory's a little foggy (or maybe it's the rose colored glasses) but from what I read about them at the time they were liked by the gun press that were able to sample them. They will still be considered Destructive Devices though....
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:38:57 AM EDT
[#2]

USAS is an MG. even if it could be imported, you couldn't have it unless the 86 MG ban was done away with also.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:02:15 AM EDT
[#3]
They are great............. but...... find a range to shoot them at, The last time I went shooting with a friend of mine that owns one the range officer just started laughing.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:33:04 AM EDT
[#4]
usas-12's had a good reputation for being reliable. and really really pricey!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:35:23 AM EDT
[#5]
This thing?

Ack....Keep it.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:40:31 AM EDT
[#6]
No, the USAS12 is not an MG, it's a DD. This was done by executive order of Bill Clinton along with the Stryker and Streetsweeper. Now, if they were reclassified as DD's, I'd imagine a lot of people would convert them the select fire as it would already be an NFA weapon, no?

Dave
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:58:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
No, the USAS12 is not an MG, it's a DD. This was done by executive order of Bill Clinton along with the Stryker and Streetsweeper. Now, if they were reclassified as DD's, I'd imagine a lot of people would convert them the select fire as it would already be an NFA weapon, no?

Dave

Converting to full auto would be nice except for one minor problem.

NOBODY sells or imports ANY spare parts.

That's why mine only comes out for special occasions.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:02:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Oh, and they rank high on the cool factor.

Downside?

Heavy, cumbersom(!) heavy, uses LOTS of ammo. 'Bout all I can think of.

Ziti, did you get a letter from the ATF concerning regisration, on did you find out like everyone else?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:05:13 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Downside?

Ziti, did you get a letter from the ATF concerning regisration, on did you find out like everyone else?

Using lots of ammo is a good thing. It means you are having fun. I like them but will probably never own one.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:06:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dave

Or you can buy a Saiga semi-auto shotgun and still have clip-fed shotgun fun with no NFA problems.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:02:00 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dave

Or you can buy a Saiga semi-auto shotgun and still have clip-fed shotgun fun with no NFA problems.

Why, yes I did! The eight round mags from Oleg work real nice too...
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:06:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

USAS is an MG.

both full and semi-auto versions were made.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:11:58 AM EDT
[#13]
well THAT's cool!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:24:11 AM EDT
[#14]
USAS's are pretty cool, but very heavy.

Think I'd stick with this.  

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:30:08 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
USAS's are pretty cool, but very heavy.

Think I'd stick with this.  

img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/osprey21/Saiga1.jpg

now *that's* sweet.

i didn't know the USAS was available in semi-auto. lear something new every day i guess...

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:00:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Dave

Be careful.  DD does not mean that you can convert to full auto.  No more full auto can be created for civilian ownership period.  

You will see "dealer samples" floating around for agency ownership, etc.

Besides you don't need it, and it's bad for the childrens ...

I found this thread as I'm considering a purchase.  Idea would be to get one as an "investment/shooter".  And to have something to keep my Saiga12 company  :)

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:49:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Downside?

Um, what are you talking about? I went to google and found a pic, thought it was dead ugly and posted it then said "Ack...."

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:39:30 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Let's say the new resolution goes through and they can import them again, how do people feel about these shotguns?  Must have?  To be avoided?  Somewhere in between?

BTW,  What resolution are you referring to?

Ziti,  You think that's ugly, and it looks like an AR, therefor you think AR's are ugly?

You might be on the wrong forum ....
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:31:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BTW,  What resolution are you referring to?

Ziti,  You think that's ugly, and it looks like an AR, therefor you think AR's are ugly?

You might be on the wrong forum ....

Dude, that thing looks nothing like an AR...Why? Pistol grip and a goofy carry handle?

If your AR's look like that thing.....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top