Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 6:32:04 PM EDT
UPS and FEDEX systems are slow but relatively up to date.  USPS never fails.  The info is on there AFTER the package is delivered.  I like to track the packages and see where they are at and see what the next stop is going to be for fun.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:24:35 PM EDT
[#1]
AMEN!  The USPS shouldn't even bother with tracking.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:25:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I've completely given up on package shipping.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:26:36 PM EDT
[#3]
UPS tracking is useless

Fed-X tracking is useless

They've both failed me before.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#4]
USPS Package confirmation is free, the actually package tracking feature is extra. UPS gives it to you for free
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:32:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
UPS and FEDEX systems are slow but relatively up to date.  USPS never fails.  The info is on there AFTER the package is delivered.  I like to track the packages and see where they are at and see what the next stop is going to be for fun.

USPS is teh suxxor and I have been telling everyone that for a long time now.

I can sign for a package on UPS and walk back into my office and log on to UPS.com and see the signed by _______ right then!

Just wait a little while and all UPS shipments will be able to be tracked by GPS in real time!

BigDozer66

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:33:55 PM EDT
[#6]
USPS tracking is actually useful--like tits on a fish.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:34:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Funny you should bring this up... had a USPS express (Next day by 3pm) coming to Gulfport from Cali. Everything was fine as I watched it fly here to me right on time. It reaches gulfport - gets within 30 yards of it's target, the suddenly deviates course to SEATTLE!  A delivery attempt was made today in w. seattle for MY package which was here in gulfport yesterday (the day of delivery). I'll give USPS the way to fuck up REAL quickly award.

I'm still trying to capture the little beast - USPS is useless, and I have to contact SEA in the morning.

Thanks for letting me vent in your thread.

BTW, can anyone send me a copy of XP pro tomorrow?     USPS can't... now

Edit: all i wanna know is how you attempt delivery on a package in seattle, when it was shipped from cali and was destined/ arrived here in gulfport, ms to me.....   ack - I simply cannot get over how funny/ blood boiling this is.

We attempted to deliver your item at 4:12 pm on January 19, 2006 in SEATTLE, WA 98146 and a notice was left. A second delivery attempt will be made. If unsuccessful, we will hold it for five business days and then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Here is what happened earlier:

* ENROUTE, January 19, 2006, 6:20 am, SEATTLE, WA 98158
   * ENROUTE, January 18, 2006, 4:14 pm, GULFPORT, MS 39503
   * ARRIVAL AT UNIT, January 18, 2006, 9:46 am, GULFPORT, MS 39507
   * ENROUTE, January 18, 2006, 8:45 am, GULFPORT, MS 39503
   * ENROUTE, January 18, 2006, 6:18 am, MOBILE, AL 36619
   * ENROUTE, January 17, 2006, 4:29 pm, SANTA ANA, CA 92799
   * ACCEPTANCE, January 17, 2006, 3:47 pm, WESTMINSTER, CA 92685

How the fuck...
anyone in SEA wanna grab it for me and UPS it back down here?  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:34:34 PM EDT
[#9]
its a joke--thats why NOone in thier right mind should bother with  it...
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:51:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:54:51 PM EDT
[#11]
UPS tracking:  never failed me, I love it
Fed-Ex tracking: never failed me, I love it

USPS tracking.  Useless POS.

Why do they even bother?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:00:33 PM EDT
[#12]
The USPS shouldnt even bother with existing.

Quoted:
AMEN!  The USPS shouldn't even bother with tracking.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:05:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
USPS doesn't HAVE tracking to my knowledge.  They have "Delivery Confirmation".  Words mean things.

-Troy

Good point. Still hate it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:09:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

It's delivery confirmation. It's not meant and not sold as tracking.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:27:35 PM EDT
[#15]
A number of times they have sent me delivery confirmation, and said pkgs were delivered, and they were sitting in the local PO.

Useless.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:43:21 PM EDT
[#16]
ya they are always way behind. but I must say based on my experience they are the fastest and most reliable service available.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:51:28 PM EDT
[#17]
their tracking is useless, but their shipping is fast and has never been lost, which I can't say about UPS or FEDEX
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:51:32 PM EDT
[#18]
 UPS tracking is pretty cool, I had a package get lost in Arizona for 3 days on its way to Texas from Las Vegas.  Tracking showed them pick it up, drop it off in Arizona, and 3 days later send it to me.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:53:35 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then why call it trackng numbers?  Its on their site.  It just doesnt work right like UPS and FEDEX.  I agree you get delivery confirmation and also that the package has been accepted.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:58:17 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
USPS doesn't HAVE tracking to my knowledge.  They have "Delivery Confirmation".  Words mean things.

-Troy

exactly
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:02:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then why call it trackng numbers?  Its on their site.  It just doesnt work right like UPS and FEDEX.  I agree you get delivery confirmation and also that the package has been accepted.

The only thing domestic that offers 'tracking' is express mail. They offer delivery confirmation for everything else. Both are listed on the same page. That's why they use tracking & confirm.

Confirmation is meant for just that - to confirm acceptance of the package and delivery.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:11:21 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The only thing domestic that offers 'tracking' is express mail. They offer delivery confirmation for everything else. Both are listed on the same page. That's why they use tracking & confirm.

Confirmation is meant for just that - to confirm acceptance of the package and delivery.

http://www.usps.com/shipping/trackandconfirm.htm?from=home&page=0035trackandconfirm

You can supposedly get updated info on the progress of your package.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:16:59 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.usps.com/shipping/trackandconfirm.htm?from=home&page=0035trackandconfirm

You can supposedly get updated info on the progress of your package.

depends on which service you paid for.

which one did you pay for?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:06:01 AM EDT
[#24]
I've never had their tracking work.  It only shows up after the package is delivered. USELESS.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:08:29 AM EDT
[#25]
It's delivery confirmation, and I ship 300-500 packages a week via USPS priority. The screw-up rate is less than one per week, and that is usually nothing more than a delay related to routing.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:08:38 AM EDT
[#26]
I can't tell you how many times I have mailed something USPS Priority and the next day the package shows up at MY house... WTF !
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:12:00 AM EDT
[#27]
just what i didn't want to hear today
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:21:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:22:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Hell, once USPS showed a package delivered to my door on 12/30/05

The package showed up at my doorstep a week later.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:38:33 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's delivery confirmation, and I ship 300-500 packages a week via USPS priority. The screw-up rate is less than one per week, and that is usually nothing more than a delay related to routing.

Same here.  I've found USPS Priority Mail to be extremely reliable.  One thing that'll help USPS get stuff there on time is a standardized address.

zip4.usps.com/zip4/welcome.jsp

The delivery is quite good. Thats not the problem.  The problem is that most of the time, even with overnight mail, there is a significant delay in knowing where you package is. Also it may not be accurate. But I have not lost many packages through USPS.  Maybe one.  But UPS especially has been  a problem for stolen packages.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:56:25 AM EDT
[#31]
We have to use deilvery confirmation online because of the way they changed certified mail.  They are no longer returning the card that shows the date and signature of the recipient.  I guess it's a cost savings for them not having to send back the card.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:02:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:06:13 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

USPS Delivery Confirmation is the little green card that they attach to the envelope and have the person accepting it sign then send back to you. Package tracking is the numbers you plug into the website to see where your package is, it will tell you when it was accepted for shipping and where it is that night you check.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top