Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 6:03:27 PM EDT
I may be over reacting but she is eating lots of grass and acting really wierd.  Don't know what to do.  I am probably over reacting but still.............
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:12:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Has she Vomited?
Has she Crapped lately?
Does she have a fever?.........Stick a Thermometer in her butt.........normal temp is around 100-101.5.
Dogs eat grass to settle their upset stomach, usually they will vomit and feel better.

If she looks bloated get her to the Vet ASAP.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:13:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Bloat is an affliction that ocurs in large breed dogs. Not that common, however it can be very serious. If you think your dog is  is in distress you need to find the vet immediatly. Bloat occours when the stomach actually flips. The problem is not the  position of the stomach, it is the gastric acid and the ischemia of the stomach tissue (death of the tissue due to hypoxia). I know that this is a very abbreviated answer but if you are that concerned give your vet a call, quick. Good luck, hope your lab is ok. db
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:14:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes if she is bloated her stomach may have flipped.
Which is a Life threatening condition.
If it was me I would get her to an Emergency Vet ASAP just to make sure.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:16:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Has she Vomited?
Has she Crapped lately?
Does she have a fever?.........Stick a Thermometer in her butt.........normal temp is around 100-101.5.
Dogs eat grass to settle their upset stomach, usually they will vomit and feel better.

Hasn't vomited or crapped.  She wines go out and does nothing but eat lots of grass, acts like a cow.  Torso isn't tight or anything and the gums are dark (not pale like a web site says)
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:18:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Time for a lil help from a laxative.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:20:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Has she Vomited?
Has she Crapped lately?

Hasn't vomited or crapped.  She wines go out and does nothing but eat lots of grass, acts like a cow.  Torso isn't tight or anything and the gums are dark (not pale like a web site says)

Get her to a Vet!
Just to be on the safe side.

Hope things work out.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:22:10 PM EDT
[#7]

If it's actually torsion, your dog will not live long. Get to a vet fast!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:41:32 PM EDT
[#8]
She is acting ok now.  I am surpised she hasn't tried to vomit at all.  She ate enough grass  Other than the acting really weird, she has no other symptoms of bloat.  (no gagging, drooling, pale gums, bloaded chest/torso)  I guess she just has sometype of stomach bug or something.  I think I was probably just being paranoid.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:24:42 PM EDT
[#9]
If your dog had bloat (gdv) it would be dead by now.  Dogs are omnivores so eating grass is no big deal.  

When I worked at a clinic, there was a poodle (the large kind) that had GDV multiple times.  Not fun stuff..

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:15:48 AM EDT
[#10]
She is fine this morning though she seems to have a lot of gas.  Farts are pretty loud.  Everytime she lets one rip she wags her tail.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:21:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
She is fine this morning though she seems to have a lot of gas.  Farts are pretty loud.  Everytime she lets one rip she wags her tail.

Around here, that's SOP for our oldest male boxer.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:24:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Just had a 1600.00 bloat surgery on my GSD Byron.  If it is bloat you will now as you will watch them puff up.    We have had it happen to two of our Shepherds so far.  Seems to run in bloodlines as ours are brother and sister.  Give a pepsid ac immediately and rush to vet.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:52:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Around here, that's SOP for our oldest male boxer.

Same with our boxer.  LOL  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top