Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2006 5:13:25 PM EDT
For those who want to see a REAL repressive government.

Those people dream of having someone as good as Hillary Clinton in charge.

Real communism sucks real bad.

Our FF would have been proud of guys like this.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:17:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Woman I work with was there and lost friends there . She was math professor. She lost her job and was told she who never have work in China. They gave her two choices, starve or leave the country. She only got the second choice because her father-in-law was a colonel in the Red Army. She has nothing good to say about the Chinese government. Then or now.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:23:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

www.rollins.edu/history/Web%20Pictures/Tiananmen%20Square%202.jpg

No, our FF would be proud of the man who drove the lead tank.  It took some balls to stand in front of the tank - It took some serious moral fortitude to not run him over.  I think that fact is oft overlooked.  the protester could "easily" disappear back into the crowd.  The tank driver is a known person subject to the Chinese military.  I would not envy him or his family.
Matt
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:24:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I wonder what ever happened to the guy standing in front of the tank?

Talk about balls...

He probably doesn't even know that picture it etched in history as a symbol of defiance.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:25:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.rollins.edu/history/Web%20Pictures/Tiananmen%20Square%202.jpg

No, our FF would be proud of the man who drove the lead tank.  It took some balls to stand in front of the tank - It took some serious moral fortitude to not run him over.  I think that fact is oft overlooked.  the protester could "easily" disappear back into the crowd.  The tank driver is a known person subject to the Chinese military.  I would not envy him or his family.
Matt

Point taken, but in China NOBODY who pulls a stunt like that dissapears into the crowd.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:37:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Gonna watch that for sure, thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:25:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I wonder what ever happened to the guy standing in front of the tank?

Talk about balls...

He probably doesn't even know that picture it etched in history as a symbol of defiance.

I remember seeing a documentary a few years ago where they asked the Chinese government what became of him. The answer was something along the lines of "still alive....I think."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top