Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2006 4:56:13 PM EDT
OK, I ordered some Norrells, flat black, OD green, brown, and tan. I also got a little spray gun too. I decided to get some because I bought an upper out of the EE that was done in tan, waiting to get it, and wanted to match it to a lower.

Sooo, help me choose one of these as a practice run.

My G17, I will only be doing the slide because I don't think plastic should go in the oven

My Mark II

My ever faithful Llama Max-1

I have no idea to make a poll so don't expect one
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:01:58 PM EDT
[#1]
For my $0.02, I would do the Llama first, as it is the least valuable and looks to be most in need of a refinish.

Your guns, though, so do what you want.  Just post pics when you are done!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:03:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Someone on here, I'm pretty sure it was Stickman, did his AR-furniture in Norrells and it came out just fine.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:03:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Got a quart of flat black, myself.

Hmmmmmm....
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:19:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm gonna go ahead and do the Llama in flat black.

Degreasing, and trying to set up a painting ahead, she's cooking off excess grease and what not in the oven right now.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:15:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Gun is in the oven and will be out by 11PM CT. Give me a little while after so it can cool and I can put it back together before I post pics
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:09:30 PM EDT
[#6]
tag
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:13:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I think you should do the mk2 in tan for your second run.....
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:33:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I should have taken my time a little more, but I like the way it came out, missed a few minor spots though.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:34:26 PM EDT
[#9]
looks like it needs a few more coats. Almost there!

also adjust your airbrush to minimize spatter
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top