Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2006 3:59:27 PM EDT
I'm wanting a pelican that will hold a 'broke' down AR.  I have a space in my suv I want to keep an AR. I need the case to be small and have molded foam to fit both the upper and lower right above each other.
Here is a link to what I'm looking for, but I need it half the size. Anyone ever hear of a company making one?

www.casesbypelican.com/military/colt-ar-15.htm
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:12:30 PM EDT
[#1]
BUMP
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:21:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Pelican makes cases in many different sizes, including cubes. Just find one with the dimensions you need. Check out this size chart:

www.all-pelican-cases-4-less.com/sizes.html
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:40:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Pelican makes cases in many different sizes, including cubes. Just find one with the dimensions you need. Check out this size chart:

www.all-pelican-cases-4-less.com/sizes.html

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:41:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Molded foam is going to be a custom job and cost you a bundle.

Get the case you want and cut the foam yourself.

Alternatively, get one with the cubed foam – just pluck out pieces to get the outline you want.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:13:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I believe the Pelican 1700 is going to be the smalles one they make that'll fit it, broken down or not. I don't think any of their smaller cases are large enough to fit a barreled upper.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:36:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I believe the Pelican 1700 is going to be the smalles one they make that'll fit it, broken down or not. I don't think any of their smaller cases are large enough to fit a barreled upper.

thanks
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:41:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:04:50 PM EDT
[#8]
tag
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:11:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Would this one work?

www.beaconww.com/pages/detail.las?recordID=33766&subcat0=Dry_Case&subcat=Pelican&subcat2=Medium&-token=&-nothing

or this one

www.beaconww.com/pages/detail.las?recordID=33767&subcat0=Dry_Case&subcat=Pelican&subcat2=Medium&-token=&-nothing

I don't have my upper with me at the moment. It should be much over 16" should it?

Inside Dimensions L x W x H: 11.5 x 17.9 x 4.1

Inside Dimensions L x W x H: 11.5 x 17 x 6.1

Well, lets start with your barrel. Unless you have an SBR, your barrel is going to be a minimum of 16". Add in the length of the upper receiver, and the bare minimum you'll need is 24" inside the case.

Try cases4less.com for best prices on the cases. I got a 1700 case for my carbine. I could probably fit a lower and 2 uppers in there, absent any optics or mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top