Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/19/2006 10:20:12 AM EDT
Had the stones to tell me that Speer Lawman TMJ ammo is restricted for use by Law Enforcement only and is not available to civies. I wanted to raise the B.S. flag but decided against it.

Where do they get this shit from?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:21:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Probally from his book "101 Retard things 99% of the public believes"

That idiot.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:21:26 AM EDT
[#2]
how dare you question his athority!

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:21:33 AM EDT
[#3]
It is supposed to be.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:21:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Same ones that freak out when they find out AR's can be bought by civies.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:22:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Does the side of the box say "kills dogs deader than shit"?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:22:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:23:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Not available to civies huh! Guess he cant have any either, he is after all a "CIVILIAN"
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:23:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Does the side of the box say "kills dogs deader than shit"?

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:23:49 AM EDT
[#9]
What I don't get is he is a state L.E.O and been in L.E. for quite some time. Was he trying to impress me?

He's the same guy that told me I over lube my SIG.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:26:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Some of that ammo is supposed to be for LE only for various reasons.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:27:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

like what? calling it "lawman"

and let me guess, I'm wrong for having winchester "RANGER!" SXT ammo, and not carrying a badge and a sense of superiority at all times
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:28:55 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what he said. I'm quoting him "that's why they call it lawman".

I checked a couple of websites and they sell it for $16.75 a box of 50.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:29:48 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

maybe it just makes some LEO's pee pee tingle when they see ammo labeled "law enforcement"  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:32:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:32:42 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just to play Devil's Advocate, if all he does is qualify with his pistol every 6 months and is otherwise not 'into' firearms like many of us, do you blame him for not knowing?  I wouldn't call him an 'idiot', just 'ignorant'.  Although I support your decision in not using it as an opportunity to educate him.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:35:10 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

and let me guess, I'm wrong for having winchester "RANGER!" SXT ammo, and not carrying a badge and a sense of superiority at all times

re-inserted the relevant part to this thread

no reason I can't have what they have. Period.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:35:32 AM EDT
[#17]
He's probably doing the same thing I do in face to face situations.  Throwing out bullsh#t just to see how much a gullible gun shop commando will swallow.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:36:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Well, it's kind of hard to correct him when he is giving me a shitload of ammo. I was just a little put off about him lying to me. But I figure it was to either impress me or to CYA in case I was spotted with it. From what I can tell there is no difference from his box to that which is commercially available.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:37:42 AM EDT
[#19]
I just bought a box yesterday -better go turn myself in.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:38:51 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just to play Devil's Advocate, if all he does is qualify with his pistol every 6 months and is otherwise not 'into' firearms like many of us, do you blame him for not knowing?  I wouldn't call him an 'idiot', just 'ignorant'.  Although I support your decision in not using it as an opportunity to educate him.

But he feels the need to spout off his unqualified beliefs.

This particular LEO should shut his yap for the same reason I don't talk about quantum physics.  Because I don't know shit about it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:40:09 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, some ammo marked "For Law Enforcement Only" is restricted, but not because of the ballistics, penatration or wounding capability of the ammo.

If any ammo is manufactured soley for LEO use, then no federal excise tax is paid on it.

I know of at least one ammo vendor that got a nastygram from Hornaday for selling TAP ammo to civilians.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:40:20 AM EDT
[#22]
I had to explain this to an LEO with my federal HST ammo 'For LEO's only'.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:40:48 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Well, it's kind of hard to correct him when he is giving me a shitload of ammo. I was just a little put off about him lying to me. But I figure it was to either impress me or to CYA in case I was spotted with it. From what I can tell there is no difference from his box to that which is commercially available.

Let me get this straight.  Some guy (Who probably considers you a friend.)  Gives you a "shitload"  of ammo (How much is a shitload?  Couple hundred bucks?)

Then you rush straight to the internet to slam him over a nonsense comment?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:41:33 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Had the stones to tell me that Speer Lawman TMJ ammo is restricted for use by Law Enforcement only and is not available to civies. I wanted to raise the B.S. flag but decided against it.

Where does he get this shit from?

Fixed it for you.  There was no "they" in your post, only a "he".
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:43:48 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, some ammo marked "For Law Enforcement Only" is restricted, but not because of the ballistics, penatration or wounding capability of the ammo.

If the ammo was manufactured soley for LEO use, then no federal excise tax is paid on it.

I know of at least one ammo vendor that got a nastygram from Hornaday for selling TAP ammo to civilians.

LoginName nails it. The "Law enforcement only" is not a legal restriction. Its a distribution channel restriction made by the manufacturer. Its a message to the distributors. There is nothing illegal about a non-cop having it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:44:29 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
maybe it just makes some LEO's pee pee tingle when they see ammo labeled "law enforcement"  

Maybe it makes some non Law Enforcement peoples pee pee's tingle when they see "Law Enforcement" printed on the box so they buy it only to find out it is not that great of ammo.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:46:19 AM EDT
[#27]
I remember when I first got my tin and I could buy the “Law Enforcement Ranger Talon” ammo.  After about 6 months I figured the stuff was crap and started loading my Glock 21 with Gold Dots.  I carried Gold Dots from that day until I stopped being a cop.  Never had an issue with the LE only stuff, I figure if it’s good enough for a cop, it’s good enough for all of us  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:46:42 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let me get this straight.  Some guy (Who probably considers you a friend.)  Gives you a "shitload"  of ammo (How much is a shitload?  Couple hundred bucks?)

I slam him only because he openly lied about it. I didn't ask for the ammo, he offered it. I didn't need the corresponding "lawman use only" comment. I felt like giving it back to him after that. So yes I am slamming him now. If he lies about something has small as this, makes me wonder if he's not trying to fuck my wife behind my back also.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:48:42 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, Johninaustin has never met any kind of LEO stupidity he hasn't been able to defend...Amazing.

But the truth is there are as many dumb fuck LEO's when it comes to firearms and associated laws as there is in the lower subject world. They just think because they wear a badge they truly know everything about guns.

Ever see some of the retards on COPS trying to figure out how to clear any weapon other than a Glock?

Not all police are gun buffs, just like us regular folk....
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:49:49 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I remember when I first got my tin and I could buy the “Law Enforcement Ranger Talon” ammo.  After about 6 months I figured the stuff was crap and started loading my Glock 21 with Gold Dots.  I carried Gold Dots from that day until I stopped being a cop.  Never had an issue with the LE only stuff, I figure if it’s good enough for a cop, it’s good enough for all of us  

Get thee to the ammo forum!  Ranger ammo is some of the best, along with the Gold Dots and Federal Tactical.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:54:02 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I slam him only because he openly lied about it. I didn't ask for the ammo, he offered it. I didn't need the corresponding "lawman use only" comment. I felt like giving it back to him after that. So yes I am slamming him now. If he lies about something has small as this, makes me wonder if he's not trying to fuck my wife behind my back also.

Maybe, just maybe, he wasn't telling a lie? Maybe, just maye he did not know any better?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:54:50 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This has absolutely nothing to do with his profession.  He GAVE A GIFT to you of some pretty expensive stuff and you f#ck him over behind his back.  Does not matter if he's a policeman or a plumber.

It may not even be a lie.  He may actually believe it just like millions of gunshop commandos do.
Speaks volumes about your lack of morals and ethics.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:57:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Yep, I lack both morals and ethics. I'm sure most every L.E.O. has that in common with me.

Is it really fucking someone over if they never find out about it?

Funny thing is I bet Johninaustin knows the guy.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:58:58 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
He's the same guy that told me I over lube my SIG.

Remind him that as a "civie" you don't have to save lube for when you are cornholing John Q. Public.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:03:51 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This has absolutely nothing to do with his profession.  He GAVE A GIFT to you of some pretty expensive stuff and you f#ck him over behind his back.  Does not matter if he's a policeman or a plumber.

It may not even be a lie.  He may actually believe it just like millions of gunshop commandos do.
Speaks volumes about your lack of morals and ethics.

Ok, heres a few things....

#1 If this post was just about some "civie" doof in a gun shop telling Combatvet that "Lawman" ammo is for LEO only, you would have probably either not chimed in, or called the guy a dipwad like eveyone else. You jumped in because it was a LEO.

#2 This is scary for us "civilians" who own guns, because unlike some gun store commando...some overzealous, know it all LEO may find one of us out there with a box of "Lawman" ammo, and decide to arrest us. Or worse....

I know, I know...if confronted with that situation, just bend over and take it, it'll all get straightened out in the courts......
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:04:10 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Yep, I lack both morals and ethics. I'm sure most every L.E.O. has that in common with me.

Is it really fucking someone over if they never find out about it?

So, you decide to backstab him instead of refusing the gift.  but hey, it's okay, he'll never find out about it.

Do you do much business in the EE?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:06:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:06:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Don't worry about ever doing business with me john, I don't cater to fucktards.

Nice Norcal, very very funny.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:12:43 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

#1 If this post was just about some "civie" doof in a gun shop telling Combatvet that "Lawman" ammo is for LEO only, you would have probably either not chimed in, or called the guy a dipwad like eveyone else. You jumped in because it was a LEO.

Actually works the other way too. THE ONLY REASON THIS WAS POSTED IS BECAUSE IT WAS A CHANGE TO SLAM A LEO.  Something you guys are REALLY obsessive about.  Makes me wonder about your emotional state.

If it HAD been a plumber, "Our hero" here never even would have noticed.

Want to bet our hero plans to sell this stuff in the EE?   He'll ask a premium because of the LE angle too.

Enough of this crap.  I'm headed to Sportsman's Finest to look at lever actions..

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:16:33 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Don't worry about ever doing business with me john, I don't cater to fucktards.

Nice Norcal, very very funny.

You are already on the "untrustworthy" list.  So have no fear.  I simply have concerns for other folks that deal with you.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:26:28 AM EDT
[#41]
First off as a former L.E.O. I don't slam anyone in L.E., I just don't like being fucking "played" as a dummy. Next thing this shit is for personal use, you wish I was selling it though dontcha?

For the most part L.E. does a great job, but every now and then you come across shit like this that just makes you want to shout at the top of your lungs.

Do I appreciate the free ammo, hell yes I do.

Do I appreciate being blatantly lied to, never.

Like I said 95% of the guys out there are great at what they do. Why claim to be an expert in everything?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:28:38 AM EDT
[#42]
IBTL!

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:31:41 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
You are already on the "untrustworthy" list.  So have no fear.  I simply have concerns for other folks that deal with you.

Combatvet + 45

Yep, I'm untrustworthy alright...

IDIOT
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:33:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:39:53 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually works the other way too. THE ONLY REASON THIS WAS POSTED IS BECAUSE IT WAS A CHANGE TO SLAM A LEO.  Something you guys are REALLY obsessive about.  Makes me wonder about your emotional state.

If it HAD been a plumber, "Our hero" here never even would have noticed.

Want to bet our hero plans to sell this stuff in the EE?   He'll ask a premium because of the LE angle too.

Enough of this crap.  I'm headed to Sportsman's Finest to look at lever actions..

Hey when you work a job where you can fuck up peoples lives, maybe you should have a better idea of what is what.

A plumber saying a box of "Lawman" ammo is for LEO only can't fuck up your life.

If you run into a know it all LEO with a hard on for you, and you get arrested and put into the system for having a box of "Lawman" ammo he thinks is illegal, that can fuck up your life.

I think thats the point. Hell, if someone ran into a plumber that said cardboard tubing is the best thing to use for a new plumbing installation, I am sure someone would post it here just to show what a dumbass plumber the guy is....

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:41:02 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
#2 This is scary for us "civilians" who own guns, because unlike some gun store commando...some overzealous, know it all LEO may find one of us out there with a box of "Lawman" ammo, and decide to arrest us. Or worse....

I know, I know...if confronted with that situation, just bend over and take it, it'll all get straightened out in the courts......

Arrest on what charge? Once he couldn't FIND  a statute  he hought existed to charge under, more than likely he'd start asking a supervisor for guidance, and it would end there. Some of you guys are wayy too paranoid and just don't know how things work. And yes, if worse came to worse, it would get straightened out at court.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:47:07 AM EDT
[#47]
For what it's worth, I'm not worried about getting arrested for it. The whole point was I just didn't like the whole "lawman" use only remark. If I'd ask him is this special ammo? I could see that type of response.

You know this is kind of like the guy that likes to beat his chest because he is a cop. I'm sure everyone here can relate.

L.E.O.'s are just ordinary people doing an extraodinary job.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:47:09 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Arrest on what charge? Once he couldn't FIND  a statute  he hought existed to charge under, more than likely he'd start asking a supervisor for guidance, and it would end there. Some of you guys are wayy too paranoid and just don't know how things work. And yes, if worse came to worse, it would get straightened out at court.

Well, granted I don't know exactly how it works....but say a LEO stops you, sees a box of "Lawman" ammo on your seat, and proceeds to pull you out and cuff you, then tells you your going downtown, because you possess a box of LEO only ammo, and you ain't one.

I know I'd be all like "WTF, are you nuts?" which would probably lead to said overzealous cop wiping the road with my face like I'm a 100lb Derby skate chick....

But in any case..."It would get straightened out in court" yeah, thats a a mind easer. So now I lose time at work, have to get a lawyer, etc, etc, which i will not get re-imbursed for. And the public embarassment which after it gets thrown out, no one will say anything about...

Fuck that. A LEO should know enough that "Lawman" ammo does not mean LEO only.....

ETA Granted I would think chances of something like that happening are slim to none. But it is a good example...."Lawman" ammo is LEO only.....AR-15's are illegal....not much of a jump, I have seen LEO's who thought AR's were illegal, and we have all heard stories...
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:47:26 AM EDT
[#49]
99% of all Law Enforcement Officers are the MOST INTELLIGENT PEOPLE I KNOW!

Believe EVERYTHING they tell you.  They are NEVER wrong!  They know ALL!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:53:07 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Naww...you're ok.  That chip on your shoulder will do the job just fine.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top