Posted: 1/19/2006 9:39:14 AM EDT
Are they subject to the NFA?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:49:32 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Are they subject to the NFA?

Thanks

No.  The Saiga-12 isn't, and it is a detachable mag shotgun.  The Street Sweeper and the USAS-12 were added to the NFA specifically because the Secretary of the Treasury can ban (add to the NFA) any shotgun he wants, basically.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:51:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks

I heard the gun controllers are trying to get the BATFE to ban any shotgun w/a  detachable mag as non sporting- destructive devices. Not sure though

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:52:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Depends if the Secretary determines if it's "suitable for sporting purposes".

2) Any weapon by whatever name known which will, or which may be readily converted to, expel a projectile by the action of an explosive or other propellant, the barrel or barrels of which have a bore of more than one-half inch in diameter, except a shotgun or shotgun shell which the Secretary finds is generally recognized as particularly suitable for sporting purposes;

Some pretty good info Here...
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:57:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks

I heard the gun controllers are trying to get the BATFE to ban any shotgun w/a  detachable mag as non sporting- destructive devices. Not sure though

That would kinda be stupid and suck for my mossberg 695.  3 shot detachable mag 12ga slug gun.

Only pic I have of it sure looks like sporting purpose to me.

ETA a pic from a google images
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:20:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I know.

I would think any detchable mag shotgun is sporting but I'm not Sarah Brady.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:08:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks

The gun grabbers were able to get the USAS 12, Cobray "Streetsweeper" and Striker 12 banned and listed as NFA desructive devices.

Which is total BS. The USAS was a cool shotgun used 10 and 20 round drums. The Street Sweeper held twelve rounds...but it was slow to load and unload because it was a BIG single action revolver.

This is why Sagia shotguns are in high demand because they too could be listed as a DD some day.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:01:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Unless we change the law.

You know a Dem president in 2008 would ban them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top