Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2001 6:42:37 AM EDT
I bought a Butler Creek folding stock for my mini and it will  only fire one round at a time now that Ive installed it. The problem is that there was a piece of metal (cant remember what it is called) by the trigger assembly that wouldnt fit when I put on the folder. The rifle went together OK, so I tried it out. I know this sounds like a pretty stupid thing to try. Anyway, it would only fire one round at a time. Anyone know how to make this metal piece fit with the butler creek stock? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 7:30:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 8:00:12 AM EDT
[#2]
The problem is that the metal piece wont go in the new stock. it is an original piece from the mini-14. Im at work now, but will find out the name of the piece tonight. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 12:50:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 7:04:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey riuohsfh, or whatever the hell your name is, take off your foil hat. I have no F#@cking idea what you are babbling about with all your vast knowledge. The piece Im referring to comes standard on brand new mini-14's you can buy at wal-mart. Mine is a pre-ban, so i am putting on a folder. It is a metal frame type piece that the trigger group fits in. Come out of your hole and see that the world is not all bad you paranoid weirdo. Thanks for answering my question though...I guess.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 7:13:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I bought a Butler Creek folding stock for my mini and it will  only fire one round at a time now that Ive installed it. The problem is that there was a piece of metal (cant remember what it is called) by the trigger assembly that wouldnt fit when I put on the folder. The rifle went together OK, so I tried it out. I know this sounds like a pretty stupid thing to try. Anyway, it would only fire one round at a time. Anyone know how to make this metal piece fit with the butler creek stock? Thanks in advance.
View Quote

It's only made to fire one round at a time... a better description of your problem may be in order.  What do you mean one round at a time?  Does the round not eject?  Do you cycle the bolt manually?  Does the hammer not reset?

Certainly putting the old stock back on along with the part that didn't fit should be your first course of action.  Secondly, you shouldn't be leaving parts out of your rifle... it's not a toaster... everything they put in there is there for a reason.  It sure sounds like you have ZERO firearms training.  You could end up damaging your rifle or yourself.

Part of the problem may be the rifle "series".  Some folders fit the 180-181 series, others fit the 182 series, etc.  They don't all interchange.

Lastly, if your rifle wasn't an AW prior to the ban in 94 it is not legal to make it an AW now no matter when the receiver/rifle was made.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 7:26:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Secondly, you shouldn't be leaving parts out of your rifle... it's not a toaster... everything they put in there is there for a reason.  It sure sounds like you have ZERO firearms training.  You could end up damaging your rifle or yourself.

Part of the problem may be the rifle "series".  Some folders fit the 180-181 series, others fit the 182 series, etc.  They don't all interchange.

Lastly, if your rifle wasn't an AW prior to the ban in 94 it is not legal to make it an AW now no matter when the receiver/rifle was made.
View Quote

Im glad everyone here is an expert on firearms. Sir, I have more firearms training than you dream to have. I guess if I left off the sling mounts it will blow up as well. The original stock on this when I bought it (used) was a Choate. I dont know what series rifle it is, but maybe you could help with that with all your vast knowledge. I never said the weapon was an automatic. It is a semi-automatic rifle that I have to charge the handle every time I want to fire now. The metal piece Im referring to is part #ms00700 but I still cant find the name of it. Im sorry if i sound harsh, but I cant stand all these know-it-alls who think they are experts. I asked a simple question and all I get is...Oh no, the ATF is coming, you have no firearms training, yadayadayada.

RLTW
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 7:33:42 AM EDT
[#7]
You have now clearly demonstrated that you are a clown.  

You have more firearms training than I could ever dream to have?  Now that's an interesting post.  Do you know me or my background?  I think not.

You took a piece of metal out of your trigger group and now your rifle isn't working properly.  You don't know what you took out but you fired your rifle without it anyway.  You haven't even posted a complete description of your function problem yet....  Ok, you need to charge the handle every time.  Why?  Did the last round not eject?  Did the hammer not reset even though a new round fed?

The series is the serial number range of the rifle.  The first three digits.  

But, once again, I must say you're a clown.

Link Posted: 8/9/2001 7:38:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Lastly, I wouldn't rag on these guys that are responding to your post.  I'm sure they all know enough not to leave parts out of a rifle...  
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 7:39:34 AM EDT
[#9]
If you are going from the factory wood Ruger stock to a syn Butler creek folder you must transfer the metal stock reinforcement (held by screws on both sides of the stock) and the metal guide from below the gas cylinder block\fixed piston area. Hope this helps!
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 7:57:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Make the part fit with a Dremel.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:36:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you are going from the factory wood Ruger stock to a syn Butler creek folder you must transfer the metal stock reinforcement (held by screws on both sides of the stock) and the metal guide from below the gas cylinder block\fixed piston area. Hope this helps!
View Quote

Finally, a non-smart ass. Thanks alot. It is the stock reinforcement but it wont fit in the butler stock. I think scarecrow might have the right idea about the dremel because it just sticks out a little too far. and as for you vic...piss off. How can you say I have zero firearms training. Do you know my background ass clown. Firearms training does not make me a gunsmith. Thanks for no help at all
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:00:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Call Ruger.  They have a service department.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:01:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:04:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks alot.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:13:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Finally, a non-smart ass. Thanks alot. It is the stock reinforcement but it wont fit in the butler stock. I think scarecrow might have the right idea about the dremel because it just sticks out a little too far. and as for you vic...piss off. How can you say I have zero firearms training. Do you know my background ass clown. Firearms training does not make me a gunsmith. Thanks for no help at all
View Quote

Yeah, you're a genius.
You don't have any firearms training, that's obvious.  No one in their right mind would remove "a metal part from the side of the trigger assembly" not knowing what it does.  You still haven't helped anyone diagnose your problem correctly because you haven't even provided an accurate description of what is now happening... you're a clown Mr. Airborne Ranger.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:14:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

First, I think you are being a little hostile to those who are trying to help.  You are very quick to flame and call names.  That is very immature.

As far as having more firearms training, blah, blah, blah, you would know the answer to such a simple question if you were as highly trained as you claim.

The metal stock reinforcement fit perfectly, screw holes and all, on my Butler Creek folder when I switched over.

Someone did point out to you that the Mini had to be in an AW configuration prior to the 94 ban for it to be legal to put the folder on now.  Just food for thought since you seemed to ignore it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:18:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:24:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

First, I think you are being a little hostile to those who are trying to help.  You are very quick to flame and call names.  That is very immature.

As far as having more firearms training, blah, blah, blah, you would know the answer to such a simple question if you were as highly trained as you claim.

The metal stock reinforcement fit perfectly, screw holes and all, on my Butler Creek folder when I switched over.

Someone did point out to you that the Mini had to be in an AW configuration prior to the 94 ban for it to be legal to put the folder on now.  Just food for thought since you seemed to ignore it.
View Quote

First of all, the first guy who said I had an illegal full-auto part in my weapon started the flame not me. Secondly just because I drive a car doesnt make me a mechanic. I dont have much experience with Mini-14's because they would never be used in my line of work(no, im not the mall-ninja). Third, Im glad your stock worked good...Thanks for the info. Fourth, my mini was in this configuration when it was purchased ...before the ban. I hope that makes you sleep better at night. For those of you who are actually trying to help, Im sorry about the rest and thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:28:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Thanks alot RAF. Ill let you know how it turns out.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:32:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 5:51:23 PM EDT
[#21]
OK, quit the bitching. First off. DO NOT spend any money on a mini-14. I know, I know. We have all, for the most part, made the same mistake of buying one of these guns. Just leave the gun as is and shoot the hell out of it because it is a piece of shit. Well, at least mine is. Granted it always goes bang, but they suck ass.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 9:32:41 PM EDT
[#22]
All said and done, can we all be friends again? [:)]
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 10:58:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Thanks alot RAF. All is well. I took my time and a little filing, and it works great. I dont care much for the mini, but Ive had it a while and decided to trick it out. Mine shoots great (goes bang every time) but cant hit s@*t. again thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 11:15:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top