Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/19/2006 6:59:38 AM EDT
Anybody seen this video of the guy who shoots the lion, and has it come charging at him?  They miss point blank and luckily they had 3 guns in the hunting group??

Right Click and Save As -- Lion.mpg
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:01:01 AM EDT
[#1]
In before the video is posted.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:02:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I have it downloaded on my office computer.

It has a slow motion run at the end, that shows the guide shooting the lion twice at point-blank range that saves the hunter from a possibly deadly mauling.

Pretty damned dramatic.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:03:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have it downloaded on my office computer.

It has a slow motion run at the end, that shows the guide shooting the lion twice at point-blank range that saves the hunter from a possibly deadly mauling.

Pretty damned dramatic.

I think the guide missed to be honest....
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:03:15 AM EDT
[#4]
2 years ago, scary video. it will make you think twice about shooting at a lion
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:03:18 AM EDT
[#5]
was that the canned hunt? the guy stood his ground.....

I'd have shit my pants.

-HS
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:04:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd probably pull for the lion.   Fire away.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:05:02 AM EDT
[#7]
That's a canned hunt. That video was shot in Texas if I remember correctly. The lion was "released" inside a fenced enclosure to provide the dickless-wonders a chance to face the king of beasts and kill it with no need for any real hunting prowess at all.

Absolutely disgusting that some people have so little respect for an animal like that. I wish the lion ripped every one of them to shreds.

As for the vid, no clue where it can be found.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:06:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Go lions !!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:08:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I think the guide missed to be honest....

Hmm...I'll check it out when I go to the office.

I always ASS-UMED he hit the lion.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:09:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
That's a canned hunt. That video was shot in Texas if I remember correctly. The lion was "released" inside a fenced enclosure to provide the dickless-wonders a chance to face the king of beasts and kill it with no need for any real hunting prowess at all.

Absolutely disgusting that some people have so little respect for an animal like that. I wish the lion ripped every one of them to shreds.

I'll have to check that out as well.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:10:00 AM EDT
[#11]
I wish the lion had mauled all of their asses.

<-- animal lover.

don't kill an animal unless you need the meat.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:11:15 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
was that the canned hunt? the guy stood his ground.....

I'd have shit my pants.

-HS

If you listen you'll hear him scream like a little bitch when the Lion jumps at him.
(not that I wouldn't but it was funny anyway)
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:11:33 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I always ASS-UMED he hit the lion.

If he hit it, he was using something awfully small, as the PH's should be using "charge busters".

He gave both barrels and the lion did not slow down much.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:15:57 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

You have proof that was shot in TX?
If not, shut yoru pie hole. There was alot of debate over that video and it boils down to this;
1. Nobody knows for sure were that video was shot.
2. THe PH in the video should have had his lic taken away as he is responsible for everyone in the group.
3. From teh video there is NO way to tell if its canned or not. Africa is filled with fences, many to keep cats OUT.
4. It could have been a cull hunt in which case maybe that lion was in a fenced area he was not supposed to be.
5. Wishing that an animal were to have "ripped everyone of them to shreds" based on ZERO facts or only the video is weak and shows your shallow perception of life.

You can whine all you want but at the end of the day if it were not for the trophy hunter in africa, there would be a handlful more animals on the extinct list.
If you dont know the facts, dont spread rumors!
CH
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:17:07 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

<-- animal lover.

<--------- Trophy hunter
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:19:39 AM EDT
[#16]
deleted.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:20:33 AM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:20:44 AM EDT
[#18]
That was pretty nuts. If you are trying to kill an animal like that for sport, and it gets the best of you, don't ask for me to feel any sympathy.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:21:09 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll have to check that out as well.

The voices and accents don't sound real "Texas" but that may not mean much.  If it was a canned hunt then I have to smile a little inside that the Lion came close to punching that guys ticket.  That thing looked like a frieght train coming in right at the end.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:21:18 AM EDT
[#20]
deleted.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:22:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:22:56 AM EDT
[#22]
So are y'all trying to get this thread locked ?

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:23:48 AM EDT
[#23]
deleted.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:24:07 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
So are y'all trying to get this thread locked ?

Nope, I am playing nice, I promise!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:25:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:25:30 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
no she's not, that's what she said as well, she wanted

Man, Nothing better than a mature discussion amoung adults.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:26:27 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rule number 1. Never say anything on the net you wouldnt to a mans face.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:26:39 AM EDT
[#28]
What I heard is that it was Africa, the lion had jumped a fence and already killed several villagers. Once a lion gets the taste of human blood they don't stop. They will keep killing, so it had to be shot. The hunter had a license and was called in to put the lion down to keep it from eating more people.

I have no way of backing that up, that's just what I read a long time ago when I first saw the video posted. I couldn't find anything about it on snopes (not that I think they're always right anyway).
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:26:55 AM EDT
[#29]
This turned into a pissing contest quite fast.

As for the video, thats why I stick to deer, their teeth aren't big and sharp, and they eat veggies
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:27:29 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

my apologies, back to the discussion.

I deleted my posts.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:27:40 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If not, shut yoru pie hole.

Read it again <Personal attack removed>, I said "IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY".

Straight now genius? Good.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:28:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Back to the video....

Can anyone provide proof or facts about this video?
I asked in the 5 other threads we have had here about it with no answer.

Until then, we ALL are just guessing.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:29:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Looked like a good situation for my FAL ....
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:29:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Canned hunt or not, as the one guy said before... If your hunting a dangerous animal and it gets the best of you, dont look to mean old me for any sympathy cause I'm all out right now.  On the flipside if you're hiking and get mauled by a bear or mountain lion that you didnt set out to kill, thats a different story.   How does lion taste anyway?

And yeah that looks like a damn good reason to take a FAL with you... or better yet a BAR(the real kind with a pistol grip and happy switch)
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:29:57 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

my apologies, back to the discussion.

I deleted my posts.

Accepted
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:30:52 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I asked in the 5 other threads we have had here about it with no answer.

I'm always up for a good video, but I don't recall seeing it here before.

Oh well, when you are here long enough EVERYTHING becomes a dupe sooner or later.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:31:42 AM EDT
[#37]
the guide sounds british...

or south African.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:34:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:34:31 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
You can whine all you want but at the end of the day if it were not for the trophy hunter in africa, there would be a handlful more animals on the extinct list.
CH

I've spent months in Africa, Cape Hunter...have you?

Before you hop on your holier than thou saop box, try to understand that you know NOTHING about me or my range of experience. Ever see a sun rise from the top of Kilimanjaro? Ever hike hundreds of miles along the Great Rift Valley? Ever wake up in a tent in the Serengeti to see lions stalking 30 feet away? Seem a man have a Cape Buffalo horn pushed through his chest cavity and dragged 50 yards through a forrest while attached to the horn? Stop me when you can produce a "yes" to any of this, mmmmm k?

I know why herds are culled in Africa and the benefits to it. Trophy hunters make me SICK, they do NOT hunt because they care for the health of game populations...and it's a well founded disgust in my experience. Pure ego driven bullshit...but that's just my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:35:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Did anyone watch to the end of the video? There is an ad for an African hunting outfit and a Colorado contact.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:36:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Trophy hunters need to be shot, not the lions.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:36:50 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If not, shut yoru pie hole.

Read it again <Personal attack removed>, I said "IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY".

Straight now genius? Good.

[sigh]

WHo was in the video and were was it shot?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:37:09 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
CH

Before you hop on your holier than thou saop box, try to understand that you know NOTHING about me or my range of experience. Ever see a sun rise from the top of Kilimanjaro? Ever hike hundreds of miles along the Great Rift Valley? Ever wake up in a tent in the Serengeti to see lions stalking 30 feet away? Seem a man have a Cape Buffalo horn pushed through his chest cavity and dragged 50 yards through a forrest while attached to the horn? Stop me when you can produce a "yes" to any of this, mmmmm k?

I know why herds are culled in Africa and the benefits to it. Trophy hunters make me SICK...and it's a well founded feeling in my experience. Pure ego driven bullshit...but that's just my opinion.

M4,

Did you know Peter Capstick or was he before your time?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:38:55 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
CH

I know why herds are culled in Africa and the benefits to it. Trophy hunters make me SICK, they do NOT hunt because they care for the health of game populations...and it's a well founded disgust in my experience. Pure ego driven bullshit...but that's just my opinion.

So let me ask you this. Without the money the trophy hunter brings in were would the park staff get hte funds to protect the animals from poaching?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:39:24 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

M4,

Never heard of the guy...though the name sounds familiar.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:39:44 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

M4,

Never heard of the guy...though the name sounds familiar.

Let me guess you were not there hunting?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:39:59 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

<-- animal lover.

Well maybe he was going to use the animal.

Did you see his loafers? Former gophers.

I do believe his vest was gorilla chest.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:42:09 AM EDT
[#48]
When everyone is done pissing their name on the street from 4 stories up, I suppose we could have an adult discussion.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:43:41 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
So let me ask you this. Without the money the trophy hunter brings in were would the park staff get hte funds to protect the animals from poaching?

Listen, I know the benefits to hunting certain African game, or any game for that matter. It is necessary.

What I'm talking about is the MIND SET of the trophy hunter. In my experience, they are NOT fueled by ecological concerns for a healthier African game population.

In my experience, they are driven by ego. Not food for a family, or to dispatch a dangerous animal, or any sincere desire for the benefit of the larger good of whatever animal species the kill. In MY experience, their ego is their sole motivation, and to be perfectly honest, a lion lives a VASTLY more noble existance than some douche bag that can cough up $15,000 to go to Africa and return with the head of a lion to stick on his wall, simply to continue to fuel his ego.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:45:52 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
When everyone is done pissing their name on the street from 4 stories up, I suppose we could have an adult discussion.

Agreed.
IMHO, the biggest mistake was not hammering him down at hte first shot. The PH should have taken a follow up RIGHT after the hunter made his first shot.
Gotta go!~
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top