Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/19/2006 6:28:02 AM EDT
Jan 19, 10:24 AM EST

Bin Laden Offers Truce in Purported Tape

CAIRO, Egypt (AP) -- Al-Jazeera aired an audiotape purportedly from Osama bin Laden on Thursday, saying al-Qaida is making preparations for attacks in the United States but offering a truce to build Iraq and Afghanistan.

The voice in the tape said heightened security measures in the United States are not the reason there have been no attacks there since Sept. 11, 2001. Instead, the reason is "because there are operations that need preparations, and you will see them," he said.

"Based on what I have said, it is better not to fight the Muslims on their land," he said. "We do not mind offering you a truce that is fair and long-term. ... So we can build Iraq and Afghanistan ... there is no shame in this solution because it prevents wasting of billions of dollars ... to merchants of war."

The speaker did not give conditions for a truce in the excerpts aired by Al-Jazeera.

No thanks.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:30:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Truce hell! Keep bitchslapping his jihadist ass!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:34:39 AM EDT
[#2]
what is the reality of a new terrorist attack?

there was a thread on here a few days ago, don't know what it was called.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:35:06 AM EDT
[#3]
When you hear your enemies cry for mercy or for a truce,

It's time to redouble your efforts because you are hurting him!!!

POS is trying to sway muslims to his side. There after he will say he tried to prevent their home from being destroyed by offering the Kafir a truce but they (US and Allies) wanted war.

Doesn't that Blood Dripping War Manual say that it's ok to lie, cheat, and enslave non believers in the name of the unholy war they are fighting.

Time to fix bayonets and charge for glory!!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:35:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Hes getting nervous cause we are getting close to him.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:37:58 AM EDT
[#5]
The terms of his truce probably involve us leaving the ME completely, converting to Islam, putting burkahs on all our women, and appointing him new supreme overlord of the universe.

Since when does OBL think he carries any political or military power?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:38:03 AM EDT
[#6]
got yer truce right here...stick yer head up
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:38:40 AM EDT
[#7]
More proof they're getting they're asses kicked, can't replace their managment losses and they're probably running out of cash. worst of all, they have failed to rally the Iraqi people to their cause, Truce? so they can rebuild? rearm? NEVER!! Grind them into dust. The only thing they understand is massive overkill, and I say we pour it on....
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:40:06 AM EDT
[#8]
So that last missile hit a little too close to home for OBL?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:41:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, chatter on AQ websites says some of the midlevel guys are starting to wonder why they attacked us in the first place, as we seem to like killing them. So there's talk of trying to get the US to leave them alone, and then concentrate on Europe.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:41:30 AM EDT
[#10]
he said new plans to attack the u.s. are in the works, but give peace a chancE?  WTF?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:43:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Swammi say " May the camel on which Bin Laden ride slip and fall pushing Osama up it's backside"

Sounded good in my head
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:45:57 AM EDT
[#12]
The proper term is a "hudna"

Google it and see.

We must have hit REALLY close to home with that drone attack in Pakistan.

Now its time to hit harder, faster, and meaner than ever before.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:46:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
When you hear your enemies cry for mercy or for a truce,

It's time to redouble your efforts because you are hurting him!!!

+1.  Pakistan's getting a little bit hot for Osama.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:47:49 AM EDT
[#14]

Trying to play the Spain card again?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:50:06 AM EDT
[#15]
"We offer a truce because we don't want to have to kick your ass again..."

OK, sure, whatever, chief.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:52:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:52:14 AM EDT
[#17]
When a terrorist asks for a truce or wants to negotiate, it means you have him on the ropes.

Hammer him harder!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:53:33 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
what is the reality of a new terrorist attack?

there was a thread on here a few days ago, don't know what it was called.

The original thread was locked but here is my replacement thread.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:54:16 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
....... midlevel guys are starting to wonder why they attacked us in the first place, as we seem to like killing them.

That is a classic!!!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:01:18 AM EDT
[#20]
It's a trick.  Get the axe.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:02:12 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The proper term is a "hudna"

Google it and see.

We must have hit REALLY close to home with that drone attack in Pakistan.

Now its time to hit harder, faster, and meaner than ever before.

That's exactly right. They're on the ropes, and they know it. Now is not the time to be merciful with these SOB's.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:03:45 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted: Al-Jazeera aired an audiotape purportedly from Osama bin Laden on Thursday, saying al-Qaida is making preparations for attacks in the United States but offering a truce to build Iraq and Afghanistan.
Butt Laden wants a truce so that al-Qaeda will have enough time to rape Afghan and Iraqi women so that they will have a fresh supply of young muslim males to turn into homicide bombers. The US military has been very successful lately and the terrorists are running low on "volunteers".
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:08:20 AM EDT
[#23]
my estimation:

they've run themselves into the ground, and they have only themselves to blaim.

Their constant killings in iraq, this new kidnapped journalist is finally (I believe) turning muslims away that at one time had faith in Bin Laden's approach.  He's losing, his second in command was almost killed, I think they realize their time is almost up.  He's broke (as one said), so is their organization.  AlQaida in Iraq is not engaging in street battles with local iraqi insurgents. , oh.... the humanity.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:13:37 AM EDT
[#24]
A truce ?  SURE !

You just come right on out of your cave and we'll.........talk about it.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:14:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Did they verify the voice on the tape?  Is OBL even alive?  Sounds like one of his underlings whining about all his fellow dead dirtbags...or maybe Al Jazeera fabricated the whole thing?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:14:23 AM EDT
[#26]
He is definitely losing ground.   Looks to me like a good reflection on W's policies
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:14:29 AM EDT
[#27]
After seeing Charlie Rose interview the Pakistani Prime Minister, Shaukat Aziz, last night, I have to wonder if there are many places along the Pakistan border for OBL to hide. I was really impressed with Aziz.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:18:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Bush needs to get on TV right now and answer this S.O.B.

One word...

"Nuts!"
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:20:36 AM EDT
[#29]
I don't think these type of people would ever ask for a truce. They are not organized as a unit, let alone a country or even have a land to defend. They don't have any benefeit to call for a truce other than deception ala Vietnam and the Tet offensive.

Bin Laden knows that he is going to be hunted no matter what, we trained him, he knows our ways. He is not trying to save his own hide here......

My guess is (if the tape is legit), this is a signal to operatives in this country to do something......possibly launch another strike.

and not to be a Nazi but.......its USAMA BIN LADEN......not Osama
www.fbi.gov/mostwant/topten/fugitives/laden.htm
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:20:41 AM EDT
[#30]
In light of this peace overture by Osama, it's time to bring back this little gem:

www.hodain.net/amuse/diplomacyfull.html

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:25:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Great. Send more bombs.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:26:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Over on DU its posted that GW payed Bin Laden to do this around election time so bush can win another election
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:26:32 AM EDT
[#33]
sucks though, we might have killed #2 and would probably never know it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:26:50 AM EDT
[#34]
AQ truce??? Schwack 'em all
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:28:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Obligatory

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:31:46 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

We'll know it when we don't hear from him anymore. It's not like the guy is going to retire in Florida. If we don't hear from him, we can presume he is enjoying his virgins(IOW, burning in hell).
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:32:08 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Well, chatter on AQ websites says some of the midlevel guys are starting to wonder why they attacked us in the first place, as we seem to like killing them. So there's talk of trying to get the US to leave them alone, and then concentrate on Europe.

A few years back, some Japanese had the same second thoughts.

Mercy?   Sure, the same mercy shown the pilots when you cut their throats, or those that were either roasted alive in the towers or crushed under the rubble.

Truce?  Sure, I'll plant an olive tree on your grave.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:33:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:35:10 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We'll know it when we don't hear from him anymore. It's not like the guy is going to retire in Florida. If we don't hear from him, we can presume he is enjoying his virgins(IOW, burning in hell).

OBL is in question, and has been for what maybe a year now?  nothing new from him in a while, except this new tape which might be old...

a body like Uday and Qusay always helps.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:38:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:38:57 AM EDT
[#41]
[bruno] ANYONE ELSE WANT TO NEGOTIATE??!?[/BRUNO]

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:43:45 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

That is an interesting theory considering Chirac just threatened terrorists with nukes.  I'll bet dollars to doughnuts thats more than just talk.

news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060119/wl_nm/nuclear_arms_france_dc_2

Shok
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:46:03 AM EDT
[#43]
What are the odds that if Kerry or the like were in office that they would negotiate said truce??

Send more bombs Mr. Bush, effective, accurate and many!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:48:39 AM EDT
[#44]
I will not accept a truce, but I will offer PEACE!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:48:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Bomb Mecca!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:48:53 AM EDT
[#46]
First, I personally believe that Usama is worm food.  We haven't heard anything for quite a while, (15 months?)  and no video of him for even longer.

Second, if he is the joker on the tape, there is no question in my mind that any talk of a truce means he is weakened to the point of trying to bargain out of his current situation.  Now, therefore, is the time to turn up the heat and crush this gomer and his crappy followers.  Maybe the recent strike in Pakland was a little closer to him than he likes.  Maybe they're running out of suicide bombers ( a self limiting resource).  Maybe he's broke.  Maybe we're winning big enough he wants to say "sorry, sorry" and all will be forgiven.

CRANK IT UP,BUST HIS ASS.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:55:00 AM EDT
[#47]
I am very surprised he would ever ask for anything like that, compromise is seen as a huge sign of weakness in their culture...
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:57:05 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
First, I personally believe that Usama is worm food.  We haven't heard anything for quite a while, (15 months?)  and no video of him for even longer.

Second, if he is the joker on the tape, there is no question in my mind that any talk of a truce means he is weakened to the point of trying to bargain out of his current situation.  Now, therefore, is the time to turn up the heat and crush this gomer and his crappy followers.  Maybe the recent strike in Pakland was a little closer to him than he likes.  Maybe they're running out of suicide bombers ( a self limiting resource).  Maybe he's broke.  Maybe we're winning big enough he wants to say "sorry, sorry" and all will be forgiven.

CRANK IT UP,BUST HIS ASS.

his Krink would be a great wall hanger.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:57:08 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Now, therefore, is the time to turn up the heat and crush this gomer and his crappy followers.

Don't underestimate Bin Laden. This man is brilliant, trained by the best of the best in U.S. Special Operations. Why do you think we picked him to help us fight the Soviets in Afghanistan? Why do you think the Soviets lost the war?

Now Hussein was, and is an idiot. Our government also picked him as a thug to conduct assasinations etc, which he failed at, way before anyone had ever heard his name in the western world. He rose to power and and continued to make mistakes right up until the point we found him in a hole in the ground.

Usama is a different breed.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:03:26 AM EDT
[#50]
CIA Propaganda
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top