1 hr 5 min 45 sec
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:39:22 PM EDT
[#2]
PGS?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:45:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
PGS?

It's in the description of the video.  Upper right corner area.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:24:47 AM EDT
[#4]
6 mininutes is all I could take

I seen more logic produced from the substance mucked outa the hog barn.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:07:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a co-worker/friend who is Muslim... his parents are from Pakistan, according to him... language, science, mathematics, and modern medicine are all here because of Islam.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:09:33 AM EDT
[#6]
We have a large Indian component in my IT office.
Indians are well-experienced in Muslim thought.
They claim that every Muslim "hates America".
"Every one of them."

"Even Samir in the next cubicle?"
"Every one of them".
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:28:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have a co-worker/friend who is Muslim... his parents are from Pakistan, according to him... language, science, mathematics, and modern medicine are all here because of Islam.

Some of this is correct.  Scientists that were Islamic (not Islamic scientists) made many discoveries.  This is more because of the way the governments were set up (rich leaders can sponser scientists).  I am not really that interested in history, but I do believe Europe was in a feudal stage at this time (basically a constant state of war/famine/shit) so not much research could be done.  When the crusades happened, Europe and the Middle East were thrown in to a feudal state.  Up until that point Islam really was more of a "religion of peace" in my opinion (although not nearly perfect, no religion is although many claim to be).  The whole Israel/Palestine thing really sets things back...shows how PRIMITIVE people can be.  Many Islamic nations still have tribal systems set up, which lead to bitter feuds.  

I don't know about the language part...but Algebra is an arabic word, and many of the stars in the skies have arabic names.  Just something to think about.  

This is all the past though, let's see what Islam has done for the world lately....
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:31:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Which, is partially true.  The Islamic world kept alive the sciences while Europe fell into the Dark Ages.  However, Europe recovered and the Islamic world is still at roughly the same place it was in the 12th century.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:33:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
We have a large Indian component in my IT office.
Indians are well-experienced in Muslim thought.
They claim that every Muslim "hates America".
"Every one of them."

"Even Samir in the next cubicle?"
"Every one of them".

A Hindu cardiologist I know disowned his oldest son after he coverted to Islam.

People just don't understand the hatred between the Muslims and Hindus.  It makes ours look like a petty squabble.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:42:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which, is partially true.  The Islamic world kept alive the sciences while Europe fell into the Dark Ages.  However, Europe recovered and the Islamic world is still at roughly the same place it was in the 12th century.

I was first ;)
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:54:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I am not really that interested in history, but I do believe...

"Jihad in the West" by Paul Fregosi.

If you want to know where it is going, you need to know where it has been.  History (real history, not the revisionist pap pumped out by the PC indoctrination system) is important.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:07:19 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am not really that interested in history, but I do believe...

"Jihad in the West" by Paul Fregosi.

If you want to know where it is going, you need to know where it has been.  History (real history, not the revisionist pap pumped out by the PC indoctrination system) is important.

Don't get me started on the PC indoctrination system...when I was in 7th grade we did an ENTIRE UNIT on Islam which stressed how peaceful and joyous it is.  We had to read sections of the Quran and watch a documentary on Muhammad's life.  I was absent for one day the next week and it turned out that I missed a "prensentation" by two burqa clad women where they talked about Islam and  demonstrated how they pray.  I'm glad I missed it, I don't think I would have been able to contain myself.  I am an atheist and am able to look at stuff like this objectively...and I KNOW if they had Christians talk about their religion and made the students watch a documentary on Christ there would be lawsuits and national press attention.   Nobody knows or cares about the indoctrination at my school.   I fucking hate hypocrites and I hate our education system.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:27:26 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Don't get me started on the PC indoctrination system...when I was in 7th grade we did an ENTIRE UNIT on Islam which stressed how peaceful and joyous it is.  We had to read sections of the Quran and watch a documentary on Muhammad's life.  I was absent for one day the next week and it turned out that I missed a "prensentation" by two burqa clad women where they talked about Islam and  demonstrated how they pray.  I'm glad I missed it, I don't think I would have been able to contain myself.  I am an atheist and am able to look at stuff like this objectively...and I KNOW if they had Christians talk about their religion and made the students watch a documentary on Christ there would be lawsuits and national press attention.   Nobody knows or cares about the indoctrination at my school.   I fucking hate hypocrites and I hate our education system.

Amen...
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:17:06 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Amen...

+2
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:26:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Just something for all you educational system haters out there

Our educational system is a result of our own government policies and changing moral and ethical foundations.  

Many people incorrectly assume that the educational system is at fault when in reality the system is changing to the will of society.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:35:05 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Yeah........and I'm here because of a stork
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top