Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2006 8:53:55 PM EDT
After reading about the demise of Winchester I've been digging the few I own out and oiling them up. I only have three.....1886 repro in 45-70, (Japanese made) a 94/22 with "Big Loop" lever,  (Wife's gun) And my '94 trapper (has crossbolt saftey, so I doubt it'll ever be a collector's item) Anyway, while lubing the bore, I shined a light down the bore and noticed for the first time that the rifling is very much like that of a Marlin,  there must be 6-8 grooves in the bbl, and all are shallow, When did they start doing this, and why?(I guess it dosen't matter much now, but I'd like to know) It shoots great is a fairly accurate rifle.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:41:23 PM EDT
[#1]
The Demise of Winchester?

~Dg84
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:41:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

~Dg84

they are going bye bye apparently
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:43:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

~Dg84

US Repeating Arms is closing the Connecticut plant.

ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=428429
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:32:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

yeah, I just heard about it on the radio...  Damn, I'm a Model 70 guy too.  

What a shame,
~Dg84
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:39:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Agreed.  I'm sorry to hear the Winchesters are going away.

Will Winchesters be gone completely, or will there still be some some select models being produced.  I hear conflicting rumors concerning this.

I sure would like a Winchester '94 Trapper in .44 mag myself.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:43:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I heard on AM radio that select models will be sold but they will be made in Belgium, Japan, and wherever else they have a factory but that the U.S. factory is closing.  So, I guessing that they'll keep making bolt guns.  I'd imagine all the lever actions will go away and the quality will hit the shitter too.

~Dg84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top