Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2006 12:51:08 PM EDT
I can twist from side to side and my back will "crack" and "pop".  It feels pretty good but it only lasts a short while.  What is that noise I hear and could it be bad to do it if it feels so good???  Why doesn't the pain relief last longer that 30 minutes???

Is there a back doc in the house???

lawdog
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:52:59 PM EDT
[#1]
jarheadchiro?

I pop my back and my neck when I feel I need it. But the relief lasts for me.

I've gotten to the point where I can feel a pain or tension in my back or neck and figure out what I ahve to do to fix it on my own.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:00:49 PM EDT
[#2]
You are "popping" the vertibra in your back. Misalignment can cause the discomfort and when you "pop" you partialy align them. many times this is caused by bad posture. There are exercises that help to correct this feeling. While I don't go to them ( my Back injuries are to bad for them ) a Chiropractor may be of help.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:14:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I can twist from side to side and my back will "crack" and "pop".  It feels pretty good but it only lasts a short while.  What is that noise I hear and could it be bad to do it if it feels so good???  Why doesn't the pain relief last longer that 30 minutes???

Is there a back doc in the house???

lawdog

When your back is out of align, the surrounding muscles have to compensate. When you re-align the verts., and the muscle's are allowed to return to their normal position, blood rushes into the muscle's to repair the damage from being mis-aligned. This is also accompanied by lots of endorphin's, which is why your back doesn't hurt (and your head gets light) . After the endorphin's wear off, your muscle's are still damaged and still healing, and so the pain returns.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:22:53 PM EDT
[#4]
This is the same thing a chiropractor does, the pain coming back is because you are not fixing the problem. After about 4-5 time a WEEK it starts to have negative effects, IT stretched the ligaments and too much stretching can cause the problems to get worse. Remeber that it only takes about 15 mins of staying in one position to semi-permanantly stratch your vertibre out of alignment. This can be fixed quite easily if you go to the right chiropractor. However the problem is that many chiropractors only do adustments and maybe some exercises. There is a new area of the chiropractic field that adds traction it the adjustments to gently reshape the natural curves of your spine and fix so many problems that you wouldn't even think are related to your poor posture.

www.regiec-chiropractic.com/index.htm

check out this site, it is my chiropractor. He is the best doctor I have ever been too. Check out the testamonials and the patient resources. Idealspine have ALOT of info about this. I have gone through the entire course of treatment and it works.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top