Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2006 11:06:33 AM EDT
From a RC board I frequent:

He's got depron!!! Call the Police!!!  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been building models out of depron ever since August 2005 no problem, Monday night I had a mass tidy up of my shed and got rid of all scraps of foam that were no longer needed. I started snapping the foam to condense it down to save space in the bin. Some of you may know the loud bang depron makes while snapping yeah?

Well last night I had the police turn up at my house with a warrent to search my house for firearms, the cause, report from neighbor 7 houses away that gun fire was going off all monday night, so about 3 hours of mine and their time was wasted cos a couple of noise intolerent snobs. After a while of searching it became obvious to the police what was going on................................................ ..........

All my neighbors around me encourage my modelling hobby and often when I take my car out in the street all the kids come out and I let them have a go, but these people live 7 houses away from me, which leaves me wondering, am I inconsiderate or are they pathetically intollerant?

argh, I'm glad I got that off my chest.

Flappers

Tha guy lives in London.

How F'ed up is that?!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:10:00 AM EDT
[#1]
So....they find any guns?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:14:06 AM EDT
[#2]
so it took the cops over a day to show up at this guy's house when the neighbor reports gunfire? Good reaction time. And to think I thought the cops here took their time
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:15:53 AM EDT
[#3]
They can't spell warrant across the pond either eh?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:28:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

That comes from the same dictionary as 'colour'.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:33:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:02:48 PM EDT
[#6]
It's sad that one report of a sound is sufficient PC for a freaking Search Warrant.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:08:39 PM EDT
[#7]
The British solution to this would be to ban depron.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:11:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Cops here will do the same if they can.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:22:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Yeah, I can't wait.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:57:07 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I can't wait.

What do you think would happen in say new york city if someone called the police and reported hearing gunshots from a neighbor's house?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:17:02 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd make busting that stuff a nightly routine.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:17:48 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I can't wait.

What do you think would happen in say new york city if someone called the police and reported hearing gunshots from a neighbor's house?

What would you expect to happen if you called the police to report gun shots at your neighbors house?

Maybe they would investigate your complaint?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:50:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:09:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:40:21 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I can't wait.

No flame, but I think they would send a patrolman to knock on the front door and ask if they were discharging a firearm.  The irony of all this is the London police probably executed the warrant without carrying firearms.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:52:35 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been building models out of depron ever since August 2005 no problem, Monday night I had a mass tidy up of my shed and got rid of all scraps of foam that were no longer needed. I started snapping the foam to condense it down to save space in the bin. Some of you may know the loud bang depron makes while snapping yeah?

Well last night I had the police turn up at my house with a warrent to search my house for firearms, the cause, report from neighbor 7 houses away that gun fire was going off all monday night, so about 3 hours of mine and their time was wasted cos a couple of noise intolerent snobs. After a while of searching it became obvious to the police what was going on................................................ ..........

All my neighbors around me encourage my modelling hobby and often when I take my car out in the street all the kids come out and I let them have a go, but these people live 7 houses away from me, which leaves me wondering, am I inconsiderate or are they pathetically intollerant?

Flappers

Tha guy lives in London.

How F'ed up is that?!

England has to be the biggest wussies on the frickin planet.

A warrant based on an unseen observation? I think it was gunfire? PATHETIC!  I wish they would fall off the planet so they cannot contaminate the rest of the world.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:23:16 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
It's sad that one report of a sound is sufficient PC for a freaking Search Warrant.

Yeah, but look at what some judges here will use as a basis for an Order of Protection.  And, I'm sure some search warrants have been issued on a single say-so in some jurisdictions.  So, the cops get used for someone else's power play (protection orders in divorce cases, for example), or other "get even" crap between neighbors.  The cops are at risk for no good reaon, and reputation goes down.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:37:11 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, but look at what some judges here will use as a basis for an Order of Protection.  And, I'm sure some search warrants have been issued on a single say-so in some jurisdictions.  So, the cops get used for someone else's power play (protection orders in divorce cases, for example), or other "get even" crap between neighbors.  The cops are at risk for no good reaon, and reputation goes down.  

What about the warrants issued here based only on a CI who is a drug addict or otherwise a criminal?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:39:39 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What about the warrants issued here based only on a CI who is a drug addict or otherwise a criminal?

Yup, ditto. (part of what I meant by single say-so).  The cops are at risk, and everyone hates them more, and for what?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:50:01 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Contrary to what you know, what you think, or what you think you know, warrants are actually getting harder to get in many jusrisdictions. Judges are requiring an extremely solid level of probable cause, and specific details.

As a cop, this makes me happy inside. The more solid the warrant has to be, the more solid the case has to be. No more doofus ass cops losing good collars over loose, vague warrants, and poor execution.

Last I checked, I hired in to defend and uphold the Constitution of the United States. Doing this means I have a plethora of tools at my disposal. This also means I have to use the right tool for the right situation, and use the tool correctly, or I risk doing harm to the Constitution, and the citizens, which I am here to serve. If I do my homework, and know the law, then there are no problems catching bad guys. There are PLENTYof legal, ethical, and Constitutuional ways to do business. Often they are easier and faster than doing it the easy, wrong way, when you factor in the amountof time it takes for a Civil Lawsuit, or Federal 1983 case.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:54:05 AM EDT
[#21]
I thought they didn't have search warrants in England. Or rather, they don't have legal or constitutional protection against unreasonable search and seizure.

Like someone else said, what do you want to bet the cops they sent to check it were unarmed? If there really was a bad guy there with a gun, they'd be screwed.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:02:38 AM EDT
[#22]
The main question is.....
How's the guys dog?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:09:17 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's very obvious you have no clue about how search warratnts are obtained.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:40:50 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

<snip>

the police turn up at my house with a warrent to search my house for firearms,

<snip>

Flappers

Tha guy lives in London.

How F'ed up is that?!

This is the part I need an explanation for.  Why would they come "searching for firearms"?  Why didn't they come out to investigate "gunfire"

I am obviously not familiar with the gun laws over there (but the Spirit tells me that red statement revolves around that)
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:40:49 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Big ass +1.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:43:48 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

www.urbanski-law.com/article.jsp?practArea=38&articleIndex=4

In order to obtain a search warrant, a police officer or another peace officer appears before a magistrate or a judicial officer and signs a document that is made under oath and that sets forth the reasons for the search. The police officer or the other peace officer usually writes the search warrant and only presents the search warrant for the signature of the magistrate or the other judicial officer. It is the magistrate's duty to see that the search warrant satisfies the appropriate requirements and that it is based on probable cause.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:00:34 PM EDT
[#27]
I don't bitch about the Police. I liked their music back in the day, and it sucked when they broke up.......never mind.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:09:26 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I don't bitch about the Police. I liked their music back in the day, and it sucked when they broke up.......never mind.

Sting is teh Ghey
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:48:05 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

<snip>

<snip>

Flappers

Tha guy lives in London.

How F'ed up is that?!

1) You frequent an RC/models board?

2) Oh, that was in London?  I thought that was here.

3) Does he wax his chest?

4) FWIW, I don't bitch about "the police" (as a whole, or group), but I do bitch about certain members, when they fuck up, and elements within the police (brass, FOP, etc) for their anti-2A/-RKBA position(s).  But you probably weren't speaking about me, specifically.

ETA:

5) What kind of name is "Flappers"?    Kind of answers question # 3.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:49:15 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
so it took the cops over a day to show up at this guy's house when the neighbor reports gunfire? Good reaction time. And to think I thought the cops here took their time

Probably because they had to get the warrant first.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:51:35 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Difference in areas for sure.

Here where gunshots are so common, we know to not even think about several gunshots for its the one or two you have to worry about.

Its so common here, you couldn't get a search warrant based on hearing a gunshot.  

Hell these people are so removed, they don't even know what a real gun sounds like.

The story is downright weird.

Tj

I wonder if, in Britain (since they have no guns ), people call in and say (instead of "I heard shots next door")..........

"I heard the tell-tale sound of a knife going through the air."

Oh wait, I forgot; they ain't got them, either.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:09:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Tinky-Winky must have got himself a gat!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:12:55 PM EDT
[#33]
They showed up with a warrant in-hand to investigate a noise disturbance????  WTF over?  

Kind of jumping the gun aren't they??  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:31:36 PM EDT
[#34]
I would hope the British cops near Santa Pod wouldn't do this...
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:37:39 PM EDT
[#35]
England fucking sucks.

I never want to leave the United Staes. Ever.  Fuck i never want to visit CA, NY, or NJ either.  I just happen to live in NJ.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:26:16 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
England fucking sucks.

I never want to leave the United Staes. Ever.  Fuck i never want to visit CA, NY, or NJ either.  I just happen to live in NJ.

Oh... I'm sorry.*

* Spoken in the same tone and with the same connotation as here:

Cowboy: Whoo! That is one crazy get-up, mister... Are you in the show?
Austin Powers: No, actually, I'm English.
Cowboy: Oh... I'm sorry.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:30:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Just to prove that there are a few people in the UK with their brains still turned on:

Link
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top