Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/17/2006 10:31:08 PM EDT
Are you a JBT or do you have what it takes? Take this simple quiz and find out if you are ready for jackboots. Answer yes or no.

Answers in RED.

1. Do you believe certain Americans are less deserving of rights?

No. All Americans, even suspected criminals have the same rights as any American.

2. Do you ever have to work outside the letter of the law to get things done?

No. As police officers enforce the law, they must work within the confines of the law.

3. Are law enforcement officers, by virtue of their position, sometimes above ordinary Americans?

No. Just as representatives of Congress were suppossed to be ordinary Americans who do a service, so are LE officers. They perform a public service and are no different than firemen or paramedics.

4. Do law enforcement officers deserve special consideration of privledges?

No. Just as those who seek political power are generally unsuitable for that reason alone, the same can be said of those who seek LE positions for similar reasons.

5. If you KNOW somebody is guilty, is it ok to lie or break the law, to help convict them of a major crime?

No. Police officers may not violate and enforce laws. Some may feel it is "public service" to convict by any means serious threats to the community but that is an abuse of position.

6. If you KNOW somebody is guilty, is it ok to lie or break the law, to help convict them of a minor crime?

No. Police officers may not violate and enforce laws.

7. Is it in any way part of your job to punish criminals?

No. Police officers are not judges or presecutors.

8. If somebody has broken no laws, are they still subject to your authority?

Yes. The public gives police officers the necessary authority to enforce law and ensure public safety.

9. Are police officers who break the law the same as other criminals?

Yes. Criminals are criminals.

10. If you were a prohibition officer, would you have arrested people for possession of alcohol?

Yes. They enforce the law, they cannot interpret the law. This is why you don't want "bad laws."

SCORING: No combination of right or wrong answers automatically makes somebody a JBT or not. Obviously if you disagree with all of the above it is a warning sign. But the mere fact that you are willing to investigate your views and evaluate them means you are probably not going to be a JBT.

The real JBTs won't question their views or allow them to be scrutinized by others.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:34:28 PM EDT
[#1]
This should be interesting.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:34:51 PM EDT
[#2]
OK...I have my answers, is there an answer key?  How many yes answers makes me a JBT?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:36:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
OK...I have my answers, is there an answer key?  How many yes answers makes me a JBT?

Depends which ones you say "Yes" to.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:38:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn Steyr, this might turn out to be the Mother of All Threads.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:39:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not so fast, there mister....You don't get to post a quiz without having an established answer key.  I declare shenanigans!!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:39:35 PM EDT
[#6]
wait a sec
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:40:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not so fast, there mister....You don't get to post a quiz without having an established answer key.  I declare shenanigans!!

I have an answer key. It just ain't a simple to figure out one and I ain't posting it till people start posting answers.

However, your believing you have the authority to declare shenanigans does put you closer into JBT territory.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:42:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't wanna be the guinea pig for this, I'll post mine after Stey posts his Key
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:42:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's a fun question:  Would you enforce laws you know to be stupid/wrong?

Examples would be:  

Seatbelt laws
Arbitrary and meaningless gun laws
the guy who grows weed for no one but himself

I can't think of any more.

Obviously, I'm biased.

Remember:  Just 'cause it's illegal, don't mean it's wrong...
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:45:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
wait a sec

Should have left them. You were mostly ok.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:45:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Another one:  Would you find a way to cite and/or arrest a mere subject civilian for flipping you shit or not "respecting your authoritah" if that was their only offense?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:47:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Another one:  Would you find a way to cite and/or arrest a mere subject civilian for flipping you shit or not "respecting your authoritah" if that was their only offense?

Don't clog the thread or you will be oppressed.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:47:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have an answer key. It just ain't a simple to figure out one and I ain't posting it till people start posting answers.

However, your believing you have the authority to declare shenanigans does put you closer into JBT territory.

Oh I'm fairly certain I'd make JBT status if you got make the decision...Not posting the answer key gives you the leeway to arbitrarily adjust the results to suit your own agenda though...

We're all adults here (well, maybe not all), I believe that you'll still get honest answers.  Mine would closely resemble GTOJudge guys answers (before he edited them out anyway).  Only exception would be the last answer.  I have and will continue to arrest probationers in violation of their alcohol restrictions.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:47:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
wait a sec

Should have left them. You were mostly ok.

are you sure? *deep breath* here goes nothing

Quoted:
Are you a JBT or do you have what it takes? Take this simple quiz and find out if you are ready for jackboots. Answer yes or no.

3. Are law enforcement officers, by virtue of their position, sometimes above ordinary Americans?

5. If you KNOW somebody is guilty, is it ok to lie or break the law, to help convict them of a major crime?

6. If you KNOW somebody is guilty, is it ok to lie or break the law, to help convict them of a minor crime?

10. If you were a prohibition officer, would you have arrested people for possession of alcohol?

1.no
2.yes
3.yes
4.no
5. no, in reality I probably would
6. no
7. no
8. yes
9. yes
10. Given how much I drink, probably not
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:49:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't clog the thread or you will be oppressed.

[monty python]help help I'm being oppressed [/monty python]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:51:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:56:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

1. Do you believe certain Americans are less deserving of rights? No.

2. Do you ever have to work outside the letter of the law to get things done? No, but I've been asked to.

3. Are law enforcement officers, by virtue of their position, sometimes above ordinary Americans? No, never.

4. Do law enforcement officers deserve special consideration of privledges? No, never.

5. If you KNOW somebody is guilty, is it ok to lie or break the law, to help convict them of a major crime? Two wrongs do not a right make.

6. If you KNOW somebody is guilty, is it ok to lie or break the law, to help convict them of a minor crime? See above.

7. Is it in any way part of your job to punish criminals? I only punish the women I shack up with.

8. If somebody has broken no laws, are they still subject to your authority? No, never.

9. Are police officers who break the law the same as other criminals? Yes, no different.

10. If you were a prohibition officer, would you have arrested people for possession of alcohol? No, not a chance.

No booties for me.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:56:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Since I asked questions I should also answer:

Quoted:

Yes, but only if their actions warrant loss of rights after due process of law, not my discretion.

Yes, but only a little.

No

Yes:  Respect and admiration for the good ones (99.9%)

No

No

No

Yes, but only in emergencies and I would be polite as much as possible.

No.  Worse.  Should be treated like parents who molest their children.

No.  I would ask for a drink.

That's pretty much it.  How'd I do?  

Can I have my Jackboots, secret decoder ring, and wallet size photo of Janet Reno now?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:57:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
www.apt401.com/awjeez.jpg

That response indicates you need some of these.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:59:17 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Yes

Yes

Yes

No

No

No

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:59:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:08:25 PM EDT
[#22]
#9 - Yes.

All others - No.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:09:42 PM EDT
[#23]

1. Do you believe certain Americans are less deserving of rights? No

2. Do you ever have to work outside the letter of the law to get things done? No

3. Are law enforcement officers, by virtue of their position, sometimes above ordinary Americans?Yes

4. Do law enforcement officers deserve special consideration of privledges? Yes

5. If you KNOW somebody is guilty, is it ok to lie or break the law, to help convict them of a major crime?No

6. If you KNOW somebody is guilty, is it ok to lie or break the law, to help convict them of a minor crime? No

7. Is it in any way part of your job to punish criminals?No

8. If somebody has broken no laws, are they still subject to your authority? No

9. Are police officers who break the law the same as other criminals?Yes

10. If you were a prohibition officer, would you have arrested people for possession of alcohol? Yes
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:11:20 PM EDT
[#24]
There's nothing in there about asking to "zee yor paperz" in a German accent, or shooting dogs.  What gives?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:26:22 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That response indicates you need some of these.

www.newlineminiatures.com/images/products_axis/thumbnails/jackboots.jpg

Nice boots...I knew I should have gone into law enforcement.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:27:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:30:44 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
#9 - Yes.

All others - No.

ditto.....you can hand me my daisy wreath and peace sign bandanna now.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:49:59 PM EDT
[#28]
11.  Are you a dog person or a cat person?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:11:45 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I have PBJ lodged in my sinuses now, thank you.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:25:36 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Yes, anyone who is different from me.

Laws?

Sometimes?

Let's not think of it a as deserving, but being owed.  I never pay for lunch, if they know what is good for them

Even if they aren't guilty, I'll get them guilty just to wrap things up.

Only when they are late on their "donations" to the precinct

These jackboots aint for stomping out fires, son.  Put your mouth on that curb.

Laws?

Only if they didn't offer me a drink

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:03:29 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
SA you make this shit up yourself or did you get it out of the back of a periodical you subscribe to?

It is more or less a collection of things from many sources (psych tests, pre employment tests, etc.) that have been reworded to be applicable to this topic.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:34:49 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
SA you make this shit up yourself or did you get it out of the back of a periodical you subscribe to?

It is more or less a collection of things from many sources (psych tests, pre employment tests, etc.) that have been reworded to be applicable to this topic.

This is the "lawyer answer".

"Made the shit up"  is the "Police answer".
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:39:40 AM EDT
[#33]
There all Yes aren't they?

Well most of them are correct?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:39:51 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is the "lawyer answer".

"Made the shit up"  is the "Police answer".

Hey we found one.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:40:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Damn, I did not make it to JBT.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:41:34 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have PBJ lodged in my sinuses now, thank you.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:52:27 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Damn Steyr, this might turn out to be the Mother of All ghey Threads.

Fixed it for ya!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:52:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Answers in RED.

Yes, those in custody obviously have limited rights, and they shouldn't be allowed to sue to get a better breakfast cereal while they're in prison.  Also, those convicted of violent felonies should have their firearms rights limited if not revoked.

No, as police officers enforce the law, they must work within the confines of the law.

Above, no.  Are we often held to a higher standard, yes.  Consider "Mayor" Marion Berry.  He used cocaine and was ousted from office.  Then later, he was re-elected.  Once a cop has used, he's done for life.

Yes, risking one's life throughout their career should entitle them to a retirement CCW, not that I'm against all people having CCWs.

No, we'll get them next time.

No, we'll get them next time.

No, but if they fail to submit to arrest, they might get hurt.  Don't confuse that with punishment.

Yes. The public gives police officers the necessary authority to enforce law and ensure public safety.

No, they often are treated much more harshly.  Ever seen the average Joe Blow be found not guilty in state court, and then have federal civil rights charges filed against them?

Yes. They enforce the law, they cannot interpret the law. This is why you don't want "bad laws."

Well, this is the world according to me.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:55:23 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Damn, I did not make it to JBT.

Better get back to practicing then!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:04:46 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Yes, those in custody obviously have limited rights, and they shouldn't be allowed to sue to get a better breakfast cereal while they're in prison.  Also, those convicted of violent felonies should have their firearms rights limited if not revoked.

In situations where the LAW has revoked a persons rights you are correct. However that is a process of law and not your opinion and you don't make such decisions. That is why I didn't address those cases where a person has had their civil rights limited by the law.

But I suspect that I know your answer to the original question as it was intended based upon your other answers.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:11:41 AM EDT
[#41]
The first part of my response is to address the craziness of what those behind bars can do to manipulate the system.  You're right about my response to the second part.  I only addressed it because people invariably want to know where LEOs stand on any firearms restrictions.

ETA: And let me add that illegal aliens should have virtually no rights.  I don't mean that we can beat their asses, just that they should have no protection under our laws regarding deportation delays, etc.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:18:21 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
The first part of my response is to address the craziness of what those behind bars can do to manipulate the system.  You're right about my response to the second part.  I only addressed it because people invariably want to know where LEOs stand on any firearms restrictions.

ETA: And let me add that illegal aliens should have virtually no rights.  I don't mean that we can beat their asses, just that they should have no protection under our laws regarding deportation delays, etc.

Illegal aliens are NOT Americans.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:49:45 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

+1,000,000

-d
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:51:13 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Sure they are, they're mostly South Americans.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:18:47 PM EDT
[#45]
SteyrAUG,

I apologize for killing your thread.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:28:12 PM EDT
[#46]

Yes, Convicted felons lose certain rights.  

No.

Yes.  "ordinary" citzens are functional idiots. Rain breathers. Half of them voted for Gore.

No

No. But it should also be illegal for him to lie to defend himself.

No.

Yes. The arresting officer is the prosecutor in traffic court and for all criminal iinfractions.

Yes.  See reasonable suspician to detain and probable cause to arrest.

Yes.

Yes. they best way to get a bad law replealed is to enforce it agressively.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:37:06 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Answers in RED.

<snip>

Well, this is the world according to me.

I agree with every thing he said.

As would 99% of police officers, IMHO.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:39:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Should have created this at the site w/ all the tests we see so often here
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:51:37 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Yes.  "ordinary" citzens are functional idiots. Rain breathers. Half of them voted for Gore.

If it wasn't true, I'd be
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:00:08 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure they are, they're mostly South Americans.

Mexico is in South America?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top