Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2006 8:44:40 PM EDT
This is the stupidest thing I've heard all year.  Yeah the year's just started but still.  This is from a coworker, and we were talking about carrying laws.  We started talking about his wife's security.  I said he might consider getting her a gun, but then get this, he said, "mostly she only has to worry about robbers and rapists, but if she had a gun, they may use it to kill her, instead of just robbing her or raping her."  I really wasn't in the mood to argue so I let it drop.  Needless to say, he doesn't see any value in having a gun.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:45:52 PM EDT
[#1]
better keep her from wearing panties or a belt because they could choke her to death with those after they're done raping her

besides, wearing panties is simply inconsiderate towards rapists
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:46:30 PM EDT
[#2]
What a fucktard.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:47:53 PM EDT
[#3]
It's his wife to neglect.

If he prefers her raped, so be it. She was dumb enough to marry him, what makes you think she's smart enough to take care of herself?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:48:05 PM EDT
[#4]
take his wife...  

well, post pics first.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:56:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh, you mean she could use the gun to shoot a wouldbe robber or rapist? NOW I get it. Wow!!!!!!!!!!! People like your friend are too stupid to live.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:08:03 PM EDT
[#6]
People that say that shit aren't willing to admit the truth.  That they can't (or are unwilling) to confront doing harm (or killing) another person.

My dad told me ages ago "Don't ever point a weapon at a man unless you are willing to kill them".

I can remember that moment as though it happened yesterday.  I've made peace with the fact that anyone that attacks myself, a loved one or an innocent has forfeited any rights they had (and that includes staying above room temperature).

Others just simply won't deal with that question so they buy into all this elaborate bullshit justification for why defending yourself with a firearm is baaaaddddd.

Eff'em.  If a member of our species doesn't think that protecting themselves is important then we'll do better without them in the gene pool.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:09:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
This is the stupidest thing I've heard all year.  Yeah the year's just started but still.  This is from a coworker, and we were talking about carrying laws.  We started talking about his wife's security.  I said he might consider getting her a gun, but then get this, he said, "mostly she only has to worry about robbers and rapists, but if she had a gun, they may use it to kill her, instead of just robbing her or raping her."  I really wasn't in the mood to argue so I let it drop.  Needless to say, he doesn't see any value in having a gun.  

Actually, he may be on to something.  It's classic reverse psychology.  Tell him that if his wife comes on so strong to the rapist, and puts as much pressure as possible, ie., "hard NOW","Come on, you're doing it WRONG","You aren't going to screw this up ARE YOU?  This had better last.", that she'll probably trash his libido and cause him to leave quietly, and in shame.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:24:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

what a fucktard...  "i don't want my wife to be able to defend herself.  she'd be better off if she was raped"

my situation isa lot different from yours...  i just found out one of my coworkers is a huge gun nut - maybe even more so then i am.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:25:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe he has a point here.  if she's not aware and would be too skittish to use one in the first place, they very well could use it on her.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:29:50 PM EDT
[#10]
He would need his man card revoked for such a sad, spineless statement, but he was probably never given one to begin with.  This is the typical western male of today I'm afraid (read pu$$y).  

If he doesn't think that his wife would be competent with a gun, get her some damn training.  Growing up my little old grandmother was just as deadly with a firearm as anybody else in the family.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:37:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
better keep her from wearing panties or a belt because they could choke her to death with those after they're done raping her

besides, wearing panties is simply inconsiderate towards rapists

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:51:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Maybe you should have suggested he get her a chastity belt instead of a gun?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:52:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

or one of these

yes that goes where you think it does
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:00:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

or one of these

wiredgecko.typepad.com/neuvo/images/femdefence.jpg

yes that goes where you think it does

sh*t
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:02:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
"...but if she had a gun, they may use it to kill her, instead of just robbing her or raping her."

Logical response: "Yep, thank God that robbers and rapists NEVER murder their victims!"
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:55:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"...but if she had a gun, they may use it to kill her, instead of just robbing her or raping her."

Logical response: "Yep, thank God that robbers and rapists NEVER murder their victims!"

"Gee, I wonder why they so often get rid of all the witnesses even when they cooperated fully."
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:20:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Next time you see the dude, tell him that you hope he dosn't breed.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:10:04 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Maybe he has a point here.  if she's not aware and would be too skittish to use one in the first place, they very well could use it on her.

I hate to say it but I don't even bother bringing up firearms or self defense to most of my female coworkers. I work with about 3 that have the mental wherewithal to actually defend themselves but the rest are stark raving blissninnies. One was in the Army and went over in the gulf war but I swear teh bitch is honestly retarded. She has as of yet to focus a microscope on her own ( I work in a lab) or read a procedure manual. For some reason being in the army and working in shipping gave her medical technologist credentials. One of the ladies that attempted to train her wondered if she was just too stupid to perform the lab work so the sent her off to shipping.

Anyhoo, she has a gun, she's pretty sure it works, she doesn't know what kind it is . . . you get the picture. She's never fired the gun, she has no idea how it operates, and she frequently talks about how self defense is wrong, she's a pretty timid inept person.

I used to cringe when I would read articles written by womens groups stating they should not use a gun for self defense as it will be taken from them and used against them but unfortunatly it seems to be the case for many if not most women these days. It was a sad day for me when I realized there may be some truth to that.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:15:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Thats going to be a LIVE and LEARN
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:45:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Think instead of a knife. Wave it around without the will to use it and it can be taken from you and used against you by someone who was unarmed otherwise. Same goes for a firearm. That's no argument against carrying a knife or firearm, but the point is legitimate in itself. It's irrelevant to the question of whether there is a moral right to be armed. It is not completely irrelevant, but almost, to the question of whether a particular person has the fortitude to be armed. Who can say who would or would not become fearless and determined when under attack?

GL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top