Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 2:50:45 PM EDT
Hmm... what's the best way to phrase this...

Do you support the complete or near-complete retirement and replacement, through peacable means, of the current governmental system of the United States, including, but not limited to, those holding public office of any sort, the offices as defined, the various organizations, and the system of taxation?

I guess that's about it. And I bet I'm on about 40 watch lists right now.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:52:50 PM EDT
[#1]
That is pretty vague

IRS for sure.  Got to Fairtax.org and get on the fairtax bandwagon.  The fairtax would be the best thing in America since...............
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:59:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Does that mean we would have a few million less government employees?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:59:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Sure. I get to be supreme commander.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:01:38 PM EDT
[#4]
If you mean getting rid of all senators, representatives, etc, and replacing them with non-politicians... eliminating or seriously reducing many federal agencies(FDA, ATF, IRS)...  putting an end to career politicians.  Then I vote YES(which was my vote in this poll).  If you mean redefining the house, senate, the different branches of government to be different than orignially intended, then NO.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:24:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That is pretty vague

Intentionally so.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:26:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If you mean getting rid of all senators, representatives, etc, and replacing them with non-politicians... eliminating or seriously reducing many federal agencies(FDA, ATF, IRS)...  putting an end to career politicians.  Then I vote YES(which was my vote in this poll).  If you mean redefining the house, senate, the different branches of government to be different than orignially intended, then NO.

+1
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:42:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:49:24 PM EDT
[#8]
George Soros gets a woody every time he reads something like this.

The rich and powerful will pick the replacements, and you and I, my friend, are SOL.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:49:45 PM EDT
[#9]
If you make me Emporer I promise I'll behead only the people who really need it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:13:27 PM EDT
[#10]
The people will eventually retire. The system of taxation, offices,etc is/ are  based on the laws that YOUR reps that YOU vote into office establish. Don't like how they vote? Vote them out. Simple as that.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:22:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:22:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:28:13 PM EDT
[#13]
fair tax + term limits on almost everyone so that career politicians are eliminated would be good enough to start with for me.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:26:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Sure. I get to be supreme commander.

Can I be deputy commander?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top