Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 2:28:18 PM EDT
I prefer the 69 Cal Harpers Ferry.  These newfangled Springfields with their 58 cal miniballs just dont have the knockdown power  of a good buck and ball load.  Plus what are you going to do if you run out of caps?

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:38:59 PM EDT
[#1]
And another thing, just how many dang sights do you need on a musket?  I think it would be confusing which sight to use................................
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:52:39 PM EDT
[#2]
All I know if that I love my 61 springfield href=http://www.picshosted.com/c/9134/1861
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:12:10 PM EDT
[#3]
You'll run out of caps just as fast with an M1842 HF as an 1861 Springfield. If you do, just pick up more from the dead all around you. Fire by file!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:14:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn fudds.

Repeaters are where it is at.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:48:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I prefer the 69 Cal Harpers Ferry.  These newfangled Springfields with their 58 cal miniballs just dont have the knockdown power  of a good buck and ball load.  Plus what are you going to do if you run out of caps?  

Um, don't both use percussion caps?  The last flintlock musket produced for the US military was the 1816 Harper's Ferry, many of which were subsequently converted to percussion.

Buck and ball might have good knockdown power up to 100-150 yards.  The 450 grain Minie ball will do plenty of damage over much longer distances.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top