Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 9:27:40 AM EDT
So, I'm watching Supermoto on speed.  I've never really watched this type of racing before but I know it's big in Europe.  This is some kind of racing man...  They go from pavement, to airing it out over a table -top.  These guys got some skill man...  Did I mention they're racing in the rain?  What kind of tires are these guys using because they seem to hook up equally as good on the dirt as they do on the pavement?

~Dg84
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:30:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Actually, it was invented here.  Tourist Trophy (must include one jump) was the main form of motorcycle racing before the specialization into Road and Dirt racing.  Back in the early 80's it was on ABC's Wide World of Sports.

Bikes haven't always come covered in plastic, you know...  

SuperMotard or SuperMoto is the European version of TT.

G
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:33:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:39:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
SuperMotard or SuperMoto is the European version of TT.

G

Yeah, I know about TT but there's not much coverage these days.  They cover it from time to time in the quad magazines I read.  I didn't realize that it was the main form of racing years back.   Looks like it would be a blast!  

hey, remember that Stadium series they had back in the 80's on ESPN...  What was that?  the Walker Evens series or something?  They'd come out and race trucks, quads, three wheelers, buggies, and some other stuff...  that was a pretty cool show.

~Dg84
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:41:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Check out this picture...  Don't see dudes dragging knees on Dirtbikes everyday.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:48:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Backin' it in!

G
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:56:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry.  Thought you said Supermodel.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:57:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I got all excited, then, wet race
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top