Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2006 7:21:12 AM EDT
I spearheaded a company wide collection for a gift to give a fellow engineer who is deploying next week for Iraq (Navy SeaBee Reserve from Green Bay)

I was planning on our general manager giving the presentation of the gift speach, but he told me I should do it, considering I did all the legwork and set up the collection, and ultimately bought the gifts.
I hadn't planned on it, but I did accept the responsibilty to speak in front of the whole company.

Now the problem is, I have no idea what to say....what do you say to a person who will  be leaving his family and friends for over a year?

Mitch re-upped after 9/11. He was out for 3 years at that point, but felt a patriotic obligation to go back in knowing full well this time might come.

The presentation is tomorrow...I don't want to "wing it"...but I don't quite know what to say.

Any suggestions?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top