Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2001 7:54:03 PM EDT
I'm 17 and have asmall collection to build on. as of now I have all original M91/30 PU sniper, M44, Sar-1 , And a Campy Clone sar-2 with ZFK 4x25 scope on it. Any other guns I should look for?
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 7:57:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Anything your dad can afford.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 7:58:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 8:03:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey scarecrow I have a job and pay for all of my guns, my dad and brother just purchase and pick the rifles up from ffl.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 8:27:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 8:30:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice start on the collection, biochem.

I was reading the Cruffler.com site[url]http://www.cruffler.com/whatis.html[/url] and found a link that discussed beginning a collection and staying focused on it.

What I'm getting at is, at your young age, you've begun to collect Soviet/Russian guns and that would be a cool thing to stay with.
A Dragunov or SVT-40 semi-auto battle rifle would be a logical next gun, and use the same ammo, keeping your costs minimal.
An idea.
Tokarev pistols. Makarovs. Etc., ad nauseum.
There are a lot of variants, too.
Unless you've got access to unlimited funds, you could be collecting some of the nicer quality firearms while they're still out there.
Moving ahead a few years, you could decide to sell some of your investments to finance a different collection or just to get some gun you really want, like, say, an AR-15.
Good Luck.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 8:31:24 PM EDT
[#6]
You seem to be missing the most important rifle, the AR-15.
Check out the Limited Edition Group Purchase (LEGP) Rifle.
[url]http://www.castle-arms.com/[/url]
Absolutely a deal you shouldn't pass up.

Read about it in the LEGP Forum.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 8:36:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hey scarecrow I have a job and pay for all of my guns, my dad and brother just purchase and pick the rifles up from ffl.
View Quote

That's how I started, and yes, you are to be commended.

The LEGP AR15 is the best buy for the money right now, buy one before the end of August for $660. If you want an ar15, you cannot beat this price on a custom rifle like this with a stick.

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 8:39:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Back about 5 months ago I was torn between a Bushmaster XM15E2 and my M91/30 sniper but went with the sniper as it was getting harder to find them and the ar15's will be around for a while. Oh and the m91/30 is a tack driver off the bench rest my best group has been 1in. at 75m.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 9:20:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
the ar15's will be around for a while.
View Quote

Never take that for granted.

I know you're in gun friendly Texas, but the anti's are trying to get rid of the black rifles. It could happen sooner, and a heck of a lot quicker, than you think.

I know that the above sounds kinda' paranoid, but look where I live. I think you understand where I'm coming from.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 9:45:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Just a suggestion...
[img]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0LAAAABUOcCQYfzz0dB1gG63JAmDNcX8XSR6LyCJ5Eu5z1245ji*ofO57mv7x0vFSpsxfUNFG58U/0001.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 10:09:11 PM EDT
[#11]
What are you gonna do with these guns? High power rifle shooting? M1A/M1 Garand. Fruitcakey survivalist manuevers? SKS. SWATcop style home defense? AR15. Cowboy action shooting? Winchester/Marlin lever gun in pistol caliber. Collecting for fun? way too many to list.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 10:34:31 AM EDT
[#12]
I mostly use my guns for fun right now but some time down the road I would like to get into shooting matches.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 11:18:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Good kid, nice to see a yung man buying his own equipment.
If I where you I would get:
1) A G3 or cetme
2) M1A or M14
3) Any AR-15
4) benelli shotgun
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 9:57:37 PM EDT
[#14]
i would say its time for a shotgun. givin what your tastes seem to be, go with a benelli super90 tactical. if not that get a remington 11-87 police model. but i think the benelli is hte better of the 2.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 10:00:55 PM EDT
[#15]
You are lucky. My family is all anti-gun. When I was a kid I caught hell for 2 straight hours when my mom found out that I had a bb gun.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 10:35:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah my dad is pretty much encourages me to enjoy firearms while I still can all though mom isn't to crazy about the whole thing. She amost had a heart attack when she saw the sar-1 w/30rd mag. Oh and the comments about getting a shotgun my brother has aremington 870 magnum with four shot extended tube and shotguns dont really tickle my fancy any way. But the armalite m15a2 does look like something I could sink my teeth into and then I remember the price.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 11:42:35 PM EDT
[#17]
[b]
Quoted:
View Quote
[/b]

[cough, cough] uhhh straw buyers?[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 11:49:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Barret 50 Caliber

If not, I saw someplace that you can get a 50caliber upper for a plain Jane AR lower.  Reach out and touch someone.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 12:01:07 AM EDT
[#19]
My advice is to never buy junk, quality pieces will cost you more but they are worth it. Look at every gun you buy as an investment, you can still have fun with your purchases, but you can also build quite a collection of quality pieces if you start at a young age.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top