Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2006 6:16:07 PM EDT
I think I'm probably paying too much for my life insurance. Who knows where I can buy some term for a decent price from a decent company? Anybody know of any website that compare prices? Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:20:20 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I think I'm probably paying too much for my life insurance. Who knows where I can buy some term for a decent price from a decent company? Anybody know of any website that compare prices? Thanks.

I dumped Liberty Mutual for Chase two years ago and saved a ton.

Cut my bill in half with increased coverage.

www.chaseinsurancecompany.com/customer/contactUs.asp
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:22:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm looking, too.  So what the heck... tag.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:01:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Like I said, I think I'm gettin' over charged. I have 500K on myself, 500K on my wife, and 10K each on the two kids, and I'm being charged $90 or so a month. Both my wife and I are in our 30s and are in perfect health. I'm thinkin' I'm paying too much. The other things that chaps my hide is that they've been raising it....so obviously it isn't a set amount. I want a fixed price for a set term.

After I get some good advice and options from you guys, I may be calling my present agent and cancelling.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:14:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Berkshire/ Guardian is one of the biggest around... meaning that they will be there to pay out if God forbod something bad happens
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:16:22 PM EDT
[#5]
You might try calling American General or ING to get a quote
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:20:42 PM EDT
[#6]

www.insure.com/

Click the third link, the one about term life insurance.

This link should work.  It should take you to a page where you click in some stuff, then it shops up to 65 companies to give you quotes.  You dont have to enter an email address or register or any of that crap.

Take that list, narrow it to only A+ providers, and go from there.

and start listening to Clark Howard on the radio because thats where I got this link.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:20:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Go to "selectquote.com"  They will give you the best quotes for level term insurance available.

FYI  if you go with a 10 year level term, your rates will be lower than with a 20 year.

Also, why insure your kids?  That's money down the drain.  You and your wife yes, but the kids don't need insurance until thay are married and have to worry about a spouse - did you get talked into it?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:26:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Also, why insure your kids?  That's money down the drain.  You and your wife yes, but the kids don't need insurance until thay are married and have to worry about a spouse - did you get talked into it?

That was the wife....I was pretty hands off on the whole deal. That's the way it works in our marriage. Sometimes I'm too busy (lazy?) to do some things--because I'm usually too busy doing twenty other things. Good things is, when I see that something doesn't look right, she's more than willing to let me step in.

Good advice. I think I will can the kiddy insurance.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:22:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Berkshire/ Guardian is one of the biggest around... meaning that they will be there to pay out if God forbod something bad happens

Most insurance companies in the US are covered by a state fund that will pay the claims if the company goes under.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:51:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Some others:
quotesmith (actually the same as insure.com)
reliaquote
insweb

These guys pretty much act as quasi on-line insurance agents. Your agent needs to be licensed as an insurance agent in your state and needs to have some sort of agreement with one or more insurance companies to sell insurance. Some agents are "captive" or locked in to just one company while some are independent. The on-line guys aren't much more than independent agents who have people who hold licenses in several states and have hooked up with several insurance companies. They may very well have the same companies as a local independent agent or two.

The quote that you get on line is an estimate. For a $500K policy, I would expect that an insurance company would want to get at least a cursory medical exam (a paramed or nurse will check your ID, weigh you, take blood pressure, probably take a blood sample). They can tell a lot from the sample, including if you lied about not smoking.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:08:33 AM EDT
[#11]
You can sometimes get good deals from your employer as part of your benefit package...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top