Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2006 5:42:02 PM EDT
It has now come to the point that I want a DS Arms SA58. So I called Rays Sport Shop here in Jersey and told the person that answered in the gun section what i wanted. He said it is not legal in the state of New Jersey. To that I said, it is legal please check again. He said ok. When he came back to me after checking to see if I was correct, his response was, "we don't want to have anything to do with that kind of gun and we don't believe in stocking many of the Bushmasters any more."

When i called DS Arms they said the last time Harry's (another local gun store) ordered a gun from them was last March!

Since there is no stocking dealer i'll just use my local FFL. And in the end, it is probably better to order just what I want.

Now on to the options list!

be well
maxwell
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:03:20 PM EDT
[#1]
As long as "FN FAL" is not anywhere on the rifle, it is compliant with the feature count, and it has the required number of US parts, it should be okay. "Type" and "Series" have led me down a dark road I do not wish to travel again. So convoluted and confusing, the law is.

I need to get my hands on an STG58 marked receiver so I can build up a parts gun behind enemy lines.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:56:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It has now come to the point that I want a DS Arms SA58. So I called Rays Sport Shop here in Jersey and told the person that answered in the gun section what i wanted. He said it is not legal in the state of New Jersey. To that I said, it is legal please check again. He said ok. When he came back to me after checking to see if I was correct, his response was, "we don't want to have anything to do with that kind of gun and we don't believe in stocking many of the Bushmasters any more."

When i called DS Arms they said the last time Harry's (another local gun store) ordered a gun from them was last March!

Since there is no stocking dealer i'll just use my local FFL. And in the end, it is probably better to order just what I want.

Now on to the options list!

be well
maxwell

And that is why your state is in such a mess, along with MASS, CA, NY, IL, etc.

Gun store afraid of guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top