Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 5:40:09 PM EDT
January 16, 2006
BY STEVE PATTERSON Staff Reporter

A naked 18-year-old man broke out a CTA train window on the North Side on Sunday morning, struck Chicago Police officers and led cops on a brief foot chase before he was arrested, police said.

Victor Thornton became agitated while on the Red Line train around 9 a.m., police said.
The train was stopped in the 4600 block of Broadway when he began causing a disturbance.
Three CTA security guards tried to stop him, but he beat them back and began stripping off his clothes and pounding on the train walls.

Police arrived, and Thornton lunged at them, cursing, before he punched out the train window, authorities said. That's when they used pepper spray, to no avail.

Officers said they tried arresting him, but he kicked them and swung his arms, hitting them, until a sergeant jolted him with a Taser. That also had no effect on the Chicago man, police said.

Thornton then ran out of the rear of the train, and officers gave chase. He fought them but was finally arrested in the 4500 block of North Kenmore, police said.

Two officers suffered minor injuries; no passengers were hurt.

Thornton, of the 1500 block of North Touhy, was hit with seven criminal charges -- three counts of battery, two counts of felony aggravated battery to an officer and one count each of criminal damage to property and resisting arrest.

[email protected]

ETA:

Good job by the CPD.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:41:52 PM EDT
[#1]
hmm,  i'm guessing maybe PCP?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:43:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Me too.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:58:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too.

[Liberal]"Why do you think you need a gun? Let the police handle it, they are trained....They can handle everything!"[/liberal]

Just imagine yourself, or worse, Your wife/GF having to face down this scumbag....unarmed.

I just don't understand how libs can't see the logic.......

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:18:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

[Liberal]"Why do you think you need a gun? Let the police handle it, they are trained....They can handle everything!"[/liberal]

Just imagine yourself, or worse, Your wife/GF having to face down this scumbag....unarmed.

I just don't understand how libs can't see the logic.......

Tall Shadow

until we get rid of a certain mayor from a certain city, this moron logic will still continue.  dont even get me started on what law IL is trying to pass now.

thankfully i moved out of chicago about 8 years ago.  great city, just retards running it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top