Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 1:35:19 PM EDT
He said, thanks for stepping up to the plate and hitting a homer.    He said the people involved called you the second coming!  I was nervous at first when he called because its usually for bad news.  

Wont mean shit to my paycheck though.

But it never hurts to have friends in high places either.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:46:10 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
He said, thanks for stepping up to the plate and hitting a homer.    He said the people involved called you the second coming!  I was nervous at first when he called because its usually for bad news.  

...Followed by "Way to take one for the team, son. Let's huddle up tommorow and see if we can keep this going for the big win."

I had a boss that ALWAYS used sports analogies. It got so bad, that I honestly had no idea what he was talking about at times.

Congrats! It's cool when your boss compliments you. Way to go, champ!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:48:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Good show!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:49:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Was this for splashing your annoying coworker with your car recently?

(or do I have you confused with another doc on the board???)
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:03:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Was this for splashing your annoying coworker with your car recently?

(or do I have you confused with another doc on the board???)

No that was me.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:10:03 PM EDT
[#5]
[bossman voice]

"Son, you're an excellent pie mechanic.  Keep up the good work."
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:12:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like someone is happy with the work you did on their cat.

Good Job!  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:18:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Good show!

+1
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:23:56 PM EDT
[#8]
But we are talking administrators.  Compliment one minute and youre fired the next.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:28:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
But we are talking administrators.  Compliment one minute and youre fired the next.

But.....you must have done something right.  With you being a health care professional, I am assuming you helped someone that was in great need, and you helped change their lives for the better.  That is very commendable.

Good job!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:36:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
...you helped someone that was in great need, and you helped change their lives for the better....

Yup.  To be complimented by an administrator, your work must have been exemplary.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:09:24 AM EDT
[#11]
OK somthing is definitely going on.   The chief of staff for the second time in a week had nice things to say when he say me in the hallway. He said some of the other docs in the peer review meeting had very nice and kind things to say about me.  I am doomed!  

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:11:30 AM EDT
[#12]
you finally started filing those TPS reports with the new cover sheet?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:17:03 AM EDT
[#13]

The chief of staff for the second time in a week had nice things to say when he say me in the hallway. He said some of the other docs in the peer review meeting had very nice and kind things to say about me. I am doomed!

Heh, Heh, Heh.....That generally means SOMEONE put your name in to head 2 or 3 of the least poplular committees in the hospital.    
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:23:50 AM EDT
[#14]
What did you do?  Give a truly spectacular prostate exam, Mr. SilkyFingers?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:30:42 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

WTF is a prostate?  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:33:49 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF is a prostate?  

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:35:13 AM EDT
[#17]
ARDOC-- What kind of cat doctor are you???  I've got a british blue shorthair that keeps stuffing her belly and pukes hairballs on the carpet.  She won't go outside to do it.  She will only puke on my bedroom carpet.

Sometimes she goes outside and eats grass and then comes in and gorges on cat food and then pukes hairballs.  Why does it have to be on my carpet and not outside???  Does my cat need counseling??

lawdog
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:10:33 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
ARDOC-- What kind of cat doctor are you???  I've got a british blue shorthair that keeps stuffing her belly and pukes hairballs on the carpet.  She won't go outside to do it.  She will only puke on my bedroom carpet.

Sometimes she goes outside and eats grass and then comes in and gorges on cat food and then pukes hairballs.  Why does it have to be on my carpet and not outside???  Does my cat need counseling??

lawdog

Hmm, how do I say this.  Cat doctor as in bearded clam inspector, deliverer of babies.  

But I have the treatment for you cat.  I will let you borrow my .17M2.  That should take care of it nicely.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:02:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Ya know doc, I think I could use a good hernia check (COUGH COUGH)

Mind if I come over?  Where do you live?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:11:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...you helped someone that was in great need, and you helped change their lives for the better....

Yup.  To be complimented by an administrator, your work must have been exemplaryreally saved the practice a bunch of money.

Fixed.

Sad but true.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:14:52 PM EDT
[#21]
People are always nice to you... just before they feed you to the lion.
Even the doomed man gets a last meal.

J/K... Its good to be reconized for good work.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:17:20 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.  To be complimented by an administrator, your work must have been exemplary.

Or the work saved the administrator's ass......
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:33:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
People are always nice to you... just before they feed you to the lion.
Even the doomed man gets a last meal.

J/K... Its good to be reconized for good work.

Yup thats what I was thinking.  The light at the end of the tunnel that becomes a locomotive!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top