Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2006 12:11:43 PM EDT
Ya it time a gain for the 3 month check up / follow up... Wow time is just flying by... Before all this crap started, I had no prob going to the Dr's for a visit. Now it seems to strike a little fear in me every time this date rolls around.. Its more probably the fear of the unknown or are they going to find something again.. But after the appointment and no bad news I feel as if a load of weight is lifted off me... And I'm good again for another 3 months..

This shit sucks..
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:14:20 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Ya it time a gain for the 3 month check up / follow up... Wow time is just flying by... Before all this crap started, I had no prob going to the Dr's for a visit. Now it seems to strike a little fear in me every time this date rolls around.. Its more probably the fear of the unknown or are they going to find something again.. But after the appointment and no bad news I feel as if a load of weight is lifted off me... And I'm good again for another 3 months..

This shit sucks..

I know the feeling too.  So just to be clear you went to the doctor today and got a clean bill?  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:15:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This shit sucks..

I know the feeling too.  So just to be clear you went to the doctor today and got a clean bill?  

No apointment is at 2 and 3.. So I will be going soon..
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:19:06 PM EDT
[#3]
After I had cancer I got an MRI to make sure it hadn't spread.  A couple years later my friend needed an MRI so I went with her.  As soon as I walked into that office I felt like throwing up.  I even worked in the hospital and never had a problem with doctors.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:19:07 PM EDT
[#4]
okay, fingers crossed.  Prayers offered.  Will be covering your back so wear the tight jeans!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:21:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
After I had cancer I got an MRI to make sure it hadn't spread.  A couple years later my friend needed an MRI so I went with her.  As soon as I walked into that office I felt like throwing up.  I even worked in the hospital and never had a problem with doctors.

Yup!! And the smell of latex rubber.. OMG!! Yuck!

OK time to shut down.. Ill post findings later..
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:22:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:38:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Whoohoo!! all good for another 3 months!! its now 1 year and 10 days since the last surgery..
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:44:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Whoohoo!! all good for another 3 months!! its now 1 year and 10 days since the last surgery..

w00t!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:23:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Not to highjack but I get by by not thinking bad thoughts.  Lost a kidney in 2000 and see the probing urologist only twice a year.  Yah gotstah think on the positive side. This is the face I think I make when I get probed.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:25:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Not to highjack but I get by by not thinking bad thoughts.  Lost a kidney in 2000 and see the probing urologist only twice a year.  Yah gotstah think on the positive side. This is the face I think I make when I get probed.

LOL thanks for the chuckle.. One good this is that my Oncologist is also one of my customers so we talk guns during my appointments.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:27:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

This shit sucks..

Still, it beats dieing...

efxguy
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:28:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I am very happy for you!  I can understand that these checkups would cause much anxiety for you.

I still want to send you that upper, but I have been too busy to get stuff like this done lately.  Maybe some day soon....
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:30:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am very happy for you!  I can understand that these checkups would cause much anxiety for you.

I still want to send you that upper, but I have been too busy to get stuff like this done lately.  Maybe some day soon....

Hey no worries..
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:20:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Well congrats again bro!

I think I'll finally buy those Cigars.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:45:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah it sucks, but congrats. on a clean bill of health.
My Doc has me come in every three months due to the meds I take just to make sure due to possible side effects. She always tell me I am discusting due to BP and HR and BS being lower then hers. She is a Distance runner and I don't run I smoke and drink a few beers, but I always get a clean bill, but just taking the time to go sucks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top