Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2006 10:59:18 AM EDT
www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,181757,00.html

Usually you guys are all over these escaped inmate events with at least one thread. Whats the reason why this ones been off the RADAR totally here?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:00:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Cops have not beat somebodies ass yet, that's why.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:01:27 AM EDT
[#2]
What I want to know is why Dell Schanze of Totally Awesome Guns/Computers here in Utah is a known felon and still has many guns AND a CCW? Explain that craziness to me.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:01:32 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the heads up
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:02:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:04:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Because we have total faith in the efficiency of the USDOJ and the US Marshalls Service.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:04:58 AM EDT
[#6]
They also have not picked up on the lawyer being held hostage in Statesboro, GA. It's even complete with bombs and SWAT teams.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:17:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Because we all have guns.  The escapees should be afraid of us, not the other way around
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:21:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Because we all have guns.  The escapees should be afraid of us, not the other way around

True Dat!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:22:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Cause all the guys in GA were up all night loading mags and standing watch.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:24:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Usually you guys are all over these escaped inmate events with at least one thread. Whats the reason why this ones been off the RADAR totally here?

Is there T&A on rollerskates involved?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:26:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Sorry, I was out chasing escaped inmates. What's the problem?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:30:05 PM EDT
[#12]
The most fascinating thing about this thread is that two posters so far have disassociated themselves with the board.

"You guys" and "They"

The interesting part is that both have more than ten posts a day.

What's up with that?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:32:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Are there any JBT's confiscating firearms from worried homeonwers in the vicinity of the prison yet?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:49:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
They also have not picked up on the lawyer being held hostage in Statesboro, GA. It's even complete with bombs and SWAT teams.

there's your answer.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:43:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The most fascinating thing about this thread is that two posters so far have disassociated themselves with the board.

"You guys" and "They"

What's up with that?

I don't think that saying "you guys" disassociates me from the board. If we were sitting around the table playing cards and someone gets up to get a beer, does me saying, "would you grab me one too?" disassociate myself from the rest of the card players? AR15 is like a big communal roundtable with everyone throwing in their opinion. I think saying "you guys" is a conversational term if you take it in that context.

BTW, any updates on the escaped guys?

I can understand the loading the mags thing, but I don't think you guys have THAT many that aren't ALREADY loaded. i have seen some of the pics that get posted.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:06:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

"You guys" and "They"

What's up with that?

my guess is they are referring to the members in GA(I think), because they are in the middle of the action and the rest of us aren't.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:06:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
What I want to know is why Dell Schanze of Totally Awesome Guns/Computers here in Utah is a known felon and still has many guns AND a CCW? Explain that craziness to me.

felons can petition the court for their gun rights to be returned, I'm guessing he did that and bribed the right people
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:07:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Still waiting....

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:09:32 PM EDT
[#19]
tag
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:21:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:23:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

lol, I know north Jeff Co is covered
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:43:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Wouldn't want a paper trail if one of us bags 'em first.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:52:45 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Because there are a lot of people, including many here, that have no problems letting a felon have guns after all the 2nd Amendment doesn't make an exception for them.

Somre of them also think that having a Federal Standard will help or hurt that.

The people you should be asking is the guy that issued the permit.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:01:20 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

If there is something you want to talk about, post it. Maybe someone wanted to, but was afraid mods would lock it, and just said fuck it...
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:04:23 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If there is something you want to talk about, post it. Maybe someone wanted to, but was afraid mods would lock it, and just said fuck it...

No, but usually the sites good for staying up on current events, and this one seemed to slip below the RADAR.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:14:22 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because there are a lot of people, including many here, that have no problems letting a felon have guns after all the 2nd Amendment doesn't make an exception for them.

Somre of them also think that having a Federal Standard will help or hurt that.

The people you should be asking is the guy that issued the permit.

Safe enough to be out of prison, safe enough to have a gun legally.  If not- let the state kill'em instead of releasing them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:27:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:34:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Too bad the hostage takers weren't shot and killed. There's at least one hostage standoff every day in the Atlanta area. It didn't even make the local news.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:39:30 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, but usually the sites good for staying up on current events, and this one seemed to slip below the RADAR.

Must be some vast right wing conspiracy...well, we are all in your debt for enlightening us...
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:42:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:02:08 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Must be some vast right wing conspiracy...well, we are all in your debt for enlightening us...

Anytime.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:05:06 PM EDT
[#32]
I have a serious problem with public notification.  We already have an "AMBER ALERT" system for missing children.  I think there should be a "RED ALERT" system for escaped convicts.  With an Amber Alert, usually one person is in danger.  However, with an escaped convict, everyone is in danger.  Broadcast the RED ALERT every 30 minutes on local radio and TV.  For Christ's sake, they are public airwaves, and FCC licenses are issued for the public good.  A couple of months ago 2 convicted murderers escaped from Fort Madison (Iowa's maximum security prison).  I didn't hear about it until the evening news broadcast.  They were both captured after several days.  This is information that the public needs- immediatly.  Of course, the sheeple might not notice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top