Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 1/16/2006 7:48:34 AM EDT
Get some popcorn for this thread
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:51:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:00:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, that's a whole lot of blood she lost. I'm so glad we got that hooligan off the street.

I revoke what I said about not wanting to continue the discussion. I hadn't seen what everyone was talking about.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:09:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Holy shit! She got worked!

Never saw that thread before. Damn....that's insane anyone would feel they need to rough up a woman like that. She's on FUCKIN' ROLLERSKATES! How difficult could it possibly be to restrain her?

The cop responsible should be fired. If that was my girl, she'd have her lawsuit well under way by now.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:09:11 AM EDT
[#4]
For some incredible reason, Lordtrader felt compelled to lock the thread rather than remove/edit the 'offending' language and hand-out punishments for those violating the CoC!

And it was a great discussion!

Eric The(Ticked,AsAlways)Hun
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:11:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Whatever.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:16:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:16:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Still waiting for the Paul Harvey.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:37:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
For some incredible reason, Lordtrader felt compelled to lock the thread rather than remove/edit the 'offending' language and hand-out punishments for those violating the CoC!

+1 on that. It makes no sense to end a whole discussion because a few people get out of hand. I'm disgusted at the actions of that police officer. The government is an organization established by the people to protect the people and promote the general welfare. Slamming a young lady into the pavement for roller skating across a street and busting her head open. I didn't even know that roller skating was a crime. I know TX is far from my small freezing state but I did spend some time training there before I went overseas.  I sure as hell don't feel any safer because of that arrest. Now if I saw that pathetic fat cop in hand cuffs I would feel that justice has been done.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:43:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 on that. It makes no sense to end a whole discussion because a few people get out of hand. I'm disgusted at the actions of that police officer. The government is an organization established by the people to protect the people and promote the general welfare. Slamming a young lady into the pavement for roller skating across a street and busting her head open. I didn't even know that roller skating was a crime. I know TX is far from my small freezing state but I did spend some time training there before I went overseas.  I sure as hell don't feel any safer because of that arrest. Now if I saw that pathetic fat cop in hand cuffs I would feel that justice has been done.

Can we all please agree up front that NOBODY KNOWS what transpired here (including the original eyewitness report).  While everyone agrees that the pictures are sad and tragic, nobody knows how or why she ended up on the ground.

It is eminently possible that this is an example of piss-poor police judgment and pretty much police brutality.

But it is ALSO possible that she in fact did start a fight (there can be many possible reasons why people choose to fight with the police - even pretty girls on roller skates), that ended badly for her.  

(The eyewitness, who didn't see the events that caused her to end up on the ground, and who is clearly sympathetic to her, does admit that she was giving the police officer "attitude" when he was ticketing her).

The reality is that either explanation is possible, and there is no evidence to definitely point ot one or the other.  I personally think it is inappropriate to condem an officer for police brutality without knowing what happened.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:45:15 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Holy shit! She got worked!

Never saw that thread before. Damn....that's insane anyone would feel they need to rough up a woman like that. She's on FUCKIN' ROLLERSKATES! How difficult could it possibly be to restrain her?

The cop responsible should be fired. If that was my girl, she'd have her lawsuit well under way by now.

She looks like a damn roller hooker.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:48:20 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Can we all please agree up front that NOBODY KNOWS what transpired here (including the original eyewitness report).  While everyone agrees that the pictures are sad and tragic, nobody knows how or why she ended up on the ground.

It is eminently possible that this is an example of piss-poor police judgment and pretty much police brutality.

But it is ALSO possible that she in fact did start a fight (there can be many possible reasons why people choose to fight with the police - even pretty girls on roller skates), that ended badly for her.  

(The eyewitness, who didn't see the events that caused her to end up on the ground, and who is clearly sympathetic to her, does admit that she was giving the police officer "attitude" when he was ticketing her).

The reality is that either explanation is possible, and there is no evidence to definitely point ot one or the other.  I personally think it is inappropriate to condem an officer for police brutality without knowing what happened.

I agree to a point, but she better have gone for a weapon, bit an officer, or something to have it lead to that kind of response.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:54:35 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I agree to a point, but she better have gone for a weapon, bit an officer, or something to have it lead to that kind of response.

Absolutely.

But there is also the possibility of something unintentional.

Perhaps they decided to arrest her (for good reasons or bad, we don't know - maybe she had warrant, or perhaps she had meth, or maybe the cop was an asshole who didn't like people talking back to him), BUT if she started struggling, perhaps the fact that she was on ROLLER SKATES made a normal take-down situation of a struggling person turn into something where they lost control, and her head accidentally hit the ground hard?

Who knows?

I'm absolutely not trying to make excuses for anyone - I't acknowledging that I don't know what happend, and there are multiple possible explanations , not all of which involve police brutality or even incompetence (although most probably do).
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:57:14 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Absolutely.

But there is also the possibility of something unintentional.

Perhaps they decided to arrest her (for good reasons or bad, we don't know - maybe she had warrant, or perhaps she had meth, or maybe the cop was an asshole who didn't like people talking back to him), BUT if she started struggling, perhaps the fact that she was on ROLLER SKATES made a normal take-down situation of a struggling person turn into something where they lost control, and her head accidentally hit the ground hard?

Who knows?

I'm absolutely not trying to make excuses for anyone - I't acknowledging that I don't know what happend, and there are multiple possible explanations , not all of which involve police brutality or even incompetence (although most probably do).

DK,
You points are very true. But it does not matter to Cop Bashers here.

Bama

Please continue the bashing with the abscense of facts.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:01:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Sorry for getting the other thread locked.  I'll stay out of this one.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:31:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Thanks for the permission!

(We were going to do it anyway, but it's nice to know we have your acquiesence)

Folks with shiny badges and dark attitudes do something shiitey, they should expect to get bashed.

Well, in a free society.

Eric The(MaybeNotInAPoliceState,Though)Hun
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:35:50 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok but what if she Jerked away and he went to reach for her and she fell..just fell and BAMM front teeth on the ground forhead busted open I say this cause when Iwas a kid my sister was standing at the front door that was 50% screen on the upper half then she just disappeared...

She had fallen and busted open her head..a lot more blood than that and surgery required...so How do we even know the Cop "SLAMMED" her????
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:36:27 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the permission!

(We were going to do it anyway, but it's nice to know we have your acquiesence)

Folks with shiny badges and dark attitudes do something shiitey, they should expect to get bashed.

Well, in a free society.

Eric The(MaybeNotInAPoliceState,Though)Hun

You are so welcome.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:37:14 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Exactlty!

I'm thinking of reposting it but, it has borderline BOTD pics in it...

I'll leave it to you...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:42:52 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok but what if she Jerked away and he went to reach for her and she fell..just fell and BAMM front teeth on the ground forhead busted open I say this cause when Iwas a kid my sister was standing at the front door that was 50% screen on the upper half then she just disappeared...

She had fallen and busted open her head..a lot more blood than that and surgery required...so How do we even know the Cop "SLAMMED" her????

I can only imagine what would have been said about me if there would have been pics of one of my arrests.

Chick did not want her BF going to jail for DV. She jumped on my back, we broke through the front porch rail and landed in some sharp bushes. She was covered in blood. All small scratches but it looked a lot worse than it was.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:46:09 AM EDT
[#20]
We'll get an answer soon.

I forwarded the pics (which have a patrol car no.) to a contact at the Dallas Morning News.

Stay tuned.  

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:46:17 AM EDT
[#21]
I'd hit that...oh wait the cop already did.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:53:49 AM EDT
[#22]
LoL, thats why you wear a helmet when you skate.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:14:44 AM EDT
[#23]
You know people wil talk shit about this officer, but dont condem the entire department.  "Dallas PD are thugs", or "I'd never trust a Dallas PD to help" and other cowardice statements are idiotic.  These people talking shit are the same people who are quick to call on police when they need help.  Two faced.  Sure the DPD has had its far share of bad apples, mostly under Chief Turdhead Boltons watch.  I think Chief Kunkle is doing a wonderful job myself.

On to the subject, notice the position of the female in the 2nd and 3rd pics.  The side of her face that is cut, isnt even on the side of the road.

Now say she had a trafic warrant, that in itself isnt really going to get you taken to Lou.  If you're are throwing a shitty attitude, and possibly trow an elbow, or make a sudden movement as if you were to make a subtle kind of assault, then yeah, its time to go to Lou.  If you're told you are going to Lou, and you try to make it more of a problem, not only are you going to Lou, but you're going to meet Mr. Pavement.

Here some other points I'd like to make.  What if, in the span of these pictures, especially the one were people were claiming that the officer was intentionally putting his knee into her neck(looks like her shoulder to me), the officer was squating down to afffect the arrest, and while she's resisting, his body weight goes forward.

Notice, she doesnt seem to be yelling at the officer, but at someone else.

As to the blood, I dont have my CSI Cracker Jack badge yet(its coming I assure you), but that seems like an awful large quantity of blood for what I ve always termed those wounds as Road Rash.  Scraps like she has dont bleed that much, even if they are on the face.  Also, notice her right thigh is were some of that blood was, how come none made it onto her skin.

In the end, if this officer stepped over the lines, I have no doubt that Chief Kunkle will handle this.  However, if the broad did go over the line, than expect alot of you to eat crow, and apologize.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:38:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Tagged to see where it goes this time.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:39:38 AM EDT
[#25]

I rode my bicycle past your window last night
I roller skated to your door at daylight
It almost seems like you're avoiding me
I'm OK alone but you've got something I need, well

/ C - - - / G7 - - - / C - - - / F - G7 - /

{Refrain}
I've got a brand new pair of roller skates
You've got a brand new key
I think that we should get together and
Try them on to see
I been lookin' around awhile
You got something for me
Oh, I got a brand new pair of roller skates
You got a brand new key

/ C - / / / / F - / F FG7 / C - / /

I ride my bike, I roller skate, don't drive no car
Don't go too fast, but I go pretty far
For somebody who don't drive, I been all around the world
Some people say I done all right for a girl

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:42:27 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I rode my bicycle past your window last night
I roller skated to your door at daylight
It almost seems like you're avoiding me
I'm OK alone but you've got something I need, well

/ C - - - / G7 - - - / C - - - / F - G7 - /

{Refrain}
I've got a brand new pair of roller skates
You've got a brand new key
I think that we should get together and
Try them on to see
I been lookin' around awhile
You got something for me
Oh, I got a brand new pair of roller skates
You got a brand new key

/ C - / / / / F - / F FG7 / C - / /

I ride my bike, I roller skate, don't drive no car
Don't go too fast, but I go pretty far
For somebody who don't drive, I been all around the world
Some people say I done all right for a girl

Sadly I know that song.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:10:46 PM EDT
[#27]
I know it too.

Melanie -- Brand New Key
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:17:54 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

What he said.

I had a post all typed out in the other thread;

It took 29 pages to start the name calling.

Thanks, kids

It was locked before I hit submit.
So I'll add it to this one.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:35:47 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What he said.

I had a post all typed out in the other thread;

It took 29 pages to start the name calling.

Thanks, kids

It was locked before I hit submit.
So I'll add it to this one.

If someone doesn't like a thread, they shouldn't click on it or bump it. Pretty simple.

A bunch of name calling on the internet isn't going to change anyone's perspective that's based on their life's experience. While personal experience comes across as anecdotal to everyone else on the internet it is of primary relevance to the person who experienced it. A post cannot undo their "IRL" experience or override it. Some of posters on both sides of these threads come across as having persecution fantasies so there will be no compromise.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:53:37 PM EDT
[#30]
What are all those papers? They dont look like tickets . Most tickets are on carbon paper as far as i have seen. Kinda odd the first pic before the blood shed shes got her hands on the car. The story of her just getting a ticket doesnt make much sense . Obviously if she was just getting a ticket she wouldnt be assuming the position on the hood like that . Also IMO theres not much  sign of getting wooped  she could have easily fell on those silly skates.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:57:39 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think I agree with DK here.  There is so little to go on there is just nothing to really make a call on.  I have no idea what happened between those photos so they really have little value other than to make it clear the girl came out the loser.  I will say that if she was done that way because she "got mouthy" and not becuase she needed to be arrested right now, then I'd be "super-fly TNT" if that were my family.  On the surface it looks ugly, but I want to see what if any details ever emerge before I get all outraged and such.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:59:17 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
What are all those papers? They dont look like tickets . Most tickets are on carbon paper as far as i have seen. Kinda odd the first pic before the blood shed shes got her hands on the car. The story of her just getting a ticket doesnt make much sense . Obviously if she was just getting a ticket she wouldnt be assuming the position on the hood like that . Also IMO theres no sighns of getting wooped she could have easily feel on those silly skates.  

They're the flyers for some Assassination City Roller Derby thing that she was passing out.  (Note the logo on the flyers matches roller derby team's the logo.)
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:01:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:07:05 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I restrain you and my restraint leads to physical damage, I would be responsible for those injuries. , it might not have been intentional, but I am still responsible.

If that is what occurred, then fine.   An apology and payment of medical bills seems like all that would be required.  

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:14:57 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What are all those papers? They dont look like tickets . Most tickets are on carbon paper as far as i have seen. Kinda odd the first pic before the blood shed shes got her hands on the car. The story of her just getting a ticket doesnt make much sense . Obviously if she was just getting a ticket she wouldnt be assuming the position on the hood like that . Also IMO theres no sighns of getting wooped she could have easily feel on those silly skates.  

They're the flyers for some Assassination City Roller Derby thing that she was passing out.  (Note the logo on the flyers matches roller derby team's the logo.)

Interesting.

I think we've found our "victim":   www.assassinationcityderby.com/agents.html

Check out the one in "Pink", fourth row down on the left side.

Is that the same girl?

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Here's how to get a copy of an arrest report from the DPD

Arrest:

To obtain a copy of an arrest report, you may request it through the mail or in person at our customer service window located at 1400 S. Lamar St. You will need the name of the person arrested, date of birth, sex, race and the date of the arrest. Some restrictions do apply to the release of the arrest report. Call (214) 671-3345 for further assistance. We cannot release information about the arrest report over the telephone. Only the first page is available for release.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:21:25 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Interesting.

I think we've found our "victim":   www.assassinationcityderby.com/agents.html

Check out the one in "Pink", fourth row down on the left side.

Is that the same girl?

Beat me to it.  I think it's Waylon Anya myself.  "Muff Thumper" seems more well endowed than the "victim"
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:33:42 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm reserving judgement on this one.

An accident could have occured because of the skates,but
I'd have to have REALLY good video of that to believe it.

If it's proven to be as a result of the policeman's actions,
they should be fired.

End of freaken story.

These mulit-million dollar settlement are riduculous.
We just pay for them with higher taxes and tickets.
Bad cops need to get the axe,permanantly.

If someone's a cop just to earn a pay check,and have fun kicking other
people around in the process, they are not a public servant.

Imagine if you just walked on the scene and that was your wife,or your daughter.

I don't think I could maintain my composure long enough to file a
lawsuit if I found it was the police.
My instinct to protect my loved ones would overpower  me.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:43:06 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I restrain you and my restraint leads to physical damage, I would be responsible for those injuries. , it might not have been intentional, but I am still responsible.

If that is what occurred, then fine.   An apology and payment of medical bills seems like all that would be required.  

If I restrain you and you injure yourself out of my negligence fine ill pony up on the bill or my department will..with me get reprimanded and re-trained...but if you fall cause you jerk and are on roller skates. or if im trying to cuff you and you fall.....not my fault ...got into it with a young soldier who was drinking all I did was grab an arm he had gone into a push-up position acting like an ass. well he lost balance and fell on his face busting up his lip and cheek...guess what not my fault...his for acting stupid...

If a cop beats you just to beat you they are wrong.....but in the process of trying to cuff you and you fight its on you...

it is hard to restrain someone and try not to hurt them at the same time.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:00:52 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

+1...there was a lot of effort put into that thread, from both sides of the debate, and that was a chicken shit thing to do imho...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:02:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Hmm.
I say its Muff because of her curving jawline and chin shape.
Waylon has a more pronounced chin.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:02:42 PM EDT
[#42]
I never thought the other thread would get so big and be locked.
Anyone still think it was staged??
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:03:00 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
What are all those papers? They dont look like tickets . Most tickets are on carbon paper as far as i have seen. Kinda odd the first pic before the blood shed shes got her hands on the car. The story of her just getting a ticket doesnt make much sense . Obviously if she was just getting a ticket she wouldnt be assuming the position on the hood like that . Also IMO theres not much  sign of getting wooped  she could have easily fell on those silly skates.  

Promo flyers for the bar she worked at, I believe.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:04:49 PM EDT
[#44]
This just in: according to the executive producer, NBC5 (Dallas/Ft Worth) will be airing the story today.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:05:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Almost forgot, this is the email I recieved from their website:

Hi Allan,

I've seen the photos all over the place, and we're all shocked and
horrified by what has happened to Michelle.  Right now, we're just
relieved that she's home recuperating. We love and support her and, of
course, hope that she will be back to skating with us very soon. But
know she's on top of it, and taking care of what she needs to do.

Thanks for sending the info, and know that the whole league really
appreciates your concern.

--
Hella Fitzgerald, #33 1/3
Assassination City Derby
Watch your head.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:06:56 PM EDT
[#46]
OWNED!!1
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:08:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Wait.. so she's a stripper, or a bartender?

Or just a prostitute?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:09:39 PM EDT
[#48]
That email STILL doesn't clarify WTF happened.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:10:43 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
This just in: according to the executive producer, NBC5 (Dallas/Ft Worth) will be airing the story today.

On right now.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:11:12 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Wait.. so she's a stripper, or a bartender?

Or just a prostitute?

Roller Derby chick passing out flyers in costume
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top