Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2006 6:05:04 AM EDT
First off, thanks for all the great cooking instructions so far.

The lobster was great, the nacho dip was even better.  The pork chops were awesome, and now I want to make killer chicken.

Lay it on me.  How do you guys cook your chicken in the crock pot?  I'm talking a whole chicken.  Do they have to be thaw? no joke

Matt
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:10:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Just google crock pot chicken and you will get S*** loads of recipes.  

1 whole chicken
season chicken (salt/pepper, cayenne)
put in pot
pour in 1 jar Pace Picante sauce
Add Jalapenos to taste
water to cover

Better than buffalo wings....
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:27:18 AM EDT
[#2]
it can be done from frozen.  But you might want to get the giblets and stuff out.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:32:29 AM EDT
[#3]
At first I thought he said "Crotch Pot" cookin'!  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:15:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Why would you cook a chicken in a crock anyway?  Cover it with spices and bake it in the oven.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:22:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Why would you cook a chicken in a crock anyway?  Cover it with spices and bake it in the oven.

I like to do things the hard way.

Besides, I went with the first idea.  Its cookin right now.

mmmmmmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:23:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Chicken is easy.  I usually put in the chicken whole and dust it with poultry seasoning (sage, thyme, rosemary) and garlic salt and black pepper.  Nothing else, no liquid whatsoever.  I then let it cook on low all day (8-10 hours).  It is impossible to screw up.  I use the same seasoning when I bake in the oven.  I like chicken~!!!  It tastes just like.........................chicken.

I tried something new last week, in the oven.  It could easily work in a crock.  I placed a thin layer of tomato sauce, added chicken, another thin layer of sauce, some chopped tomatos, and then just added uncooked round spaghetti type noodles.  More sauce, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and then some white cheese and more parmesan on top.  I cooked it for about 1 hour and 30 minutes at 350 degrees.  It was fricken awesome!!!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top