Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/16/2006 2:08:46 AM EDT
Please lets keep the gay bashing out of this thread

So im getting ready to take a shower after a run at the gym in my work. I know of several people that are gay and i dont have a problem with that. What i have a prob lem with is that they are forced to use the same showering facility as me. I honestly dont want a gay person checking me out while im bending over drying off my legs.

Lets put this into perspective. Why do men and women have seperate showering facilities? Well thats pretty easy to understand. Women and men dont want the other sex to be glaring at them. But why does that not change with homosexuality. Sure there is always going to be the people that say they dont care if a gay person is eye screwing there naked ass. But I honestly believe they are in the minority.

Any ideas why this has never been persued legally?

My though is if homosexuals want to be completly equal as heterosexuals, they they should be required to use their own showering facilities. After all if i had the choice of showering in the same room as a bunch of hairy dudes or a bunch of naked hot girls, i would choose the hotties. But since Im straight, Im SOL.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:12:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:15:31 AM EDT
[#2]
What about the lesbians? I guess you could just throw them in the shower with the gays.

Good looking lesbians would have the option to go to the straight male shower though

What about bathrooms? Do we need a third restroom for gay/lesbian?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:15:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Lets put this into perspective. Why do men and women have seperate showering facilities? Well thats pretty easy to understand. Women and men dont want the other sex to be glaring at them.

hmmmmm
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:17:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What about the lesbians? I guess you could just throw in the shower with the gays.

When i say gays I basically mean both lesbian and gay men. And as far as third restrooms, why do men and women have seperate bathrooms? Should the same not apply to gays and lesbians.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:19:54 AM EDT
[#5]
How do you know a homosexual when you see one?

Unless you have gaydar, there are probably lots of closeted homosexuals that will be in the wrong shower.

You'll need a litmus test. Something to weed out the straights from gays. I got it!

Upon entering the shower, you have a prosthetic vagina that you will attempt to hump. If you're able to complete this task, the shower door open. Otherwise, you're gay.

And, just to keep you straighties out of the homo showers, there will be a male rump for the gay guys to have at for entry into their facilities.

That should work better than a sign, don't ya think?

BTW, you've been showering with closeted homos all along. Isn't that icky? Amazing one of the big buff ones hasn't knocked you down and popped your brown cherry.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:20:12 AM EDT
[#6]
The rainbow flag could be the international symbol for the gay/lesbian restroom...

Call it the rainbow room...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:20:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I get confused on this, because we separate the sexes so there isn't any sexual pressure, and some modicum of privacy, but with gays, they are attracted to the same sex, and thus if given separate facilities, they are not going to gain that privacy....crap, I can't explain it right, but you know what I mean I hope.

I guess, in the end, it would probably be best if there were no group shower facilities, just private ones.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:20:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What about the lesbians? I guess you could just throw in the shower with the gays.

When i say gays I basically mean both lesbian and gay men. And as far as third restrooms, why do men and women have seperate bathrooms? Should the same not apply to gays and lesbians.

In a lot of our bars nobody cares....it's which ever line is shorter.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:25:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I get confused on this, because we separate the sexes so there isn't any sexual pressure, and some modicum of privacy, but with gays, they are attracted to the same sex, and thus if given separate facilities, they are not going to gain that privacy....crap, I can't explain it right, but you know what I mean I hope.

I guess, in the end, it would probably be best if there were no group shower facilities, just private ones.

Well the showers im talking about arnt group showers but the changing area is wide open. But I understand what you mean. Straight men arnt attracted to straight men, so put them all together, gay men however can be attracted to straight or gay men and therefor are capable of ogling them while they are drying off or whatever.

As far as keeping completly seperate showers and changing areas, even in campgroupnds where you have your own private area to shower and dry off, the men and women are always seperate.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:26:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

You are right...

There is no need foor a third restroom...

If sexual pressure is what you are basing this off of...

Send the gays to the ladies room...

The lesbians can go to the mens bathroom...

Don't know what to do with the bisexuals
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:36:03 AM EDT
[#11]
If you put all the gays in their own bathroom, they will be forced to shower for sure with other people who may be sexually attracted to them.  The same as if women were forced to shower with men.  If they shower with the straight men, they get to scope out guys who ain't interested in what they're selling.

The ONLY solution would be to have individual shower stalls, like they do with toilets.

Group showering is teh ghey anyways, unless it's with a bunch of women.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:38:23 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If you put all the gays in their own bathroom, they will be forced to shower for sure with other people who may be sexually attracted to them.  The same as if women were forced to shower with men.  If they shower with the straight men, they get to scope out guys who ain't interested in what they're selling.

The ONLY solution would be to have individual shower stalls, like they do with toilets.

That is exactly what I wanted to say....Thank you.

And yes, women should all have to shower together, and the showerheads need to be spaced 12" apart...yea...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:38:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

A bunch of women and ME
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:42:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Have you guys been sitting up worrying about this?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:43:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Ok so now that we've figured out that every place should have private showers and changing areas, why has this never been legally pursued. I can imagine someone might have a good case of emotional distress if they kept seeing a gay person check them out when they showered.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:44:37 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Yea, I mean, I spend so much time in shower rooms and all, and I have been trying to make sure that no one is getting wood when looking at me, you know?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:50:18 AM EDT
[#17]
This would be nice in the military too....we have at least one person in our platoon....well...you know. "Don't ask, Don't tell."
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:50:27 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea, I mean, I spend so much time in shower rooms and all, and I have been trying to make sure that no one is getting wood when looking at me, you know?

Well I would be more worried if they where not getting wood.......

But if you do look around and see someone getting a stiffy.....just look at them and start laughing.

works everytime
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:51:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Facilities were made to separate 2 types of junk we carry, there are some that carry both, fortunately, they stay home. Now you are suggesting we separate individuals according to their sexual preference  That's COST PROHIBITIVE .
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:52:07 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
This would be nice in the military too....we have at least one person in our platoon....well...you know. "Don't ask, Don't tell."

We had one of those in my unit. Cpl Gray. I noticed he used to spend a very long time changing over in the showering area, which at anytime after PT would have about 20 guys in the process of changing, showering, or drying off.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:55:12 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Facilities were made to separate 2 types of junk we carry, there are some that carry both, fortunately, they stay home. Now you are suggesting we separate individuals according to their sexual preference  That's COST PROHIBITIVE .

While i agree its cost prohibitive, I dont think we are segregated because of what we have between our legs. Why are plain bathrooms seperate. You shouldn't see anyones privates in the bathroom, but yet we still have seperate bathrooms.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:20:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:23:10 AM EDT
[#23]

I still see people talking and just hanging around chatting while in the locker room while the are naked.I dont get it do they do this at home?I dont get it dry and throw some boxers on at least.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:25:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:03:53 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you're looking at their packages to see if they're getting wood, it's too late for you, you've caught the gay!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:24:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Should homosexuals have their own showering facilities.

They do.  They are called bath houses.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:29:23 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SS, I could see some pretty ugly situations arising from that.  Very angry lesbian walking out of the bathroom and hollering in her best 'R. Lee Ermey' voice: "Who's the twinkle-tosed cocksucker who peed on the seat and just signed their own death warrant??"
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:33:38 AM EDT
[#28]
C-4,

You forget that women don't sit on the seat in public restrooms; they hover over it and spray urine worse than the drunkest male.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:38:05 AM EDT
[#29]
we should get rid of all the social mores and taboos and just have one facility, kinda like in starship troopers. when you finish working out you go in the locker room and can shower next to the hot girl that was running on the treadmill.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:40:42 AM EDT
[#30]
A few weeks ago, I went into the steam room at my gym.  Some old guy comes in at sit "just that much" too close.  He starts leaning over towards me, like he is trying to check my package without bothering to be discreet.  He just leans over wayyy to close.  He does this like three or four times, so I just leave the steam room.  The steam room has a glass door to the showers, and while I'm rinsing off, he is standing at the glass door, wiping the condensation off, staring out at me.

I don't know if he has some kind of disease or alzhimers or what the deal was.  He was too old to confront, so I just let it go.  It was kind of freaky, though.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:04:14 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SS, I could see some pretty ugly situations arising from that.  Very angry lesbian walking out of the bathroom and hollering in her best 'R. Lee Ermey' voice: "Who's the twinkle-tosed cocksucker who peed on the seat and just signed their own death warrant??"

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:08:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Give them a steel brush, a bar of soap and point them to the nearest dumpster.

Your pal,

Mr. Sympathy
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:08:21 AM EDT
[#33]
No.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:13:43 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

What he said.  

If you're so worried about taking showers in a public shower, then maybe you need to shower at home after you work out.  There's no need to segregate people based on their sexual orientation.  That's none of our business what someone does in private.  

Funny thing a topic about segregation comes up on Martin Luther King Day.  African-Americans hadbeen segregated for 200 years or so, why do gay/lesbian individuals have to deal with the same persecution and animosity?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:18:50 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What he said.  

If you're so worried about taking showers in a public shower, then maybe you need to shower at home after you work out.  There's no need to segregate people based on their sexual orientation.  That's none of our business what someone does in private.  

Funny thing a topic about segregation comes up on Martin Luther King Day.  African-Americans hadbeen segregated for 200 years or so, why do gay/lesbian individuals have to deal with the same persecution and animosity?

I don't see it as animosity.  There's a reason that public showers don't let men and women shower together.  There's a reason that, generally speaking, men aren't made into Girl Scout leaders.  The line blurs when sexual orientation doesn't follow traditional lines.  

The African American statement is a straw man argument.  If it were generally true that blacks were sexually attracted to whites, or vice-versa, then you may have some merit in that arguement.

I think African Americans were kept out of white mens' restrooms so the white guys didn't get self-conscious in the shower.  

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:20:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:23:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Yes.

We should have a seperate shower area for those that
are willing to admit it .

While their on there way in ,make sure they don't notice the
airlock seal on the shower area door,or the large pressurised
poison gas tanks.
Paint those tanks a pastel purple and write Fresh Spring Scent"
on them.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:27:53 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
 There's a reason that, generally speaking, men aren't made into Girl Scout leaders.  

My family has been in the Girl Scout organization for years.  I am a male and currently a co-leader with a troop my sister leads.  There are a lot more males involved with the Girl Scout organization than one would think.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:29:56 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Yes.

We should have a seperate shower area for those that
are willing to admit it .

While their on there way in ,make sure they don't notice the
airlock seal on the shower area door,or the large pressurised
poison gas tanks.
Paint those tanks a pastel purple and write Fresh Spring Scent"
on them.

How about "Poisonous Enema" dispensers, only cross that out and write KY Jelly over it!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:29:57 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I don't see it as animosity.  There's a reason that public showers don't let men and women shower together.

I don't see that as a problem.  My point was, that you can't tell who is gay and who is not.  It's discrimination.  No doubt about it.  Same with the "black only" restrooms in the 50's/60's.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:31:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Just for the really tall ones and the really short ones....say, over 7' and under 4'
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:32:00 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
However, to catch out the closet gays in the mens showers I propose the 'Less than Horizontal Rule'   If a guys penis achieves an angle of dangle that is horizontal or more vertical while in the showers with naked men he is to be considered gay and banished to the Ladies Showers.

I hope you weren't the guy chasing the naked men around the shower with a level...

Quoted:
...he is to be considered gay and banished to the Ladies Showers.

Problem:  Considering the punishment, a lot of men would say "Consider me gay!"

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:32:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:34:03 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Please lets keep the gay bashing out of this thread

Holy shit man - you should be a professional comedian or something.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:43:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Yes they should have seperate showers, We will call the gay showers "France" and all homosexuals must go there.  (the hot lesbains can stay here as longs as we can watch/participate)
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:58:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Seperate showering facilities would be appropriate.  I do not want another person in the shower checking me out.  Basically, you are just asking for unwanted advances, etc..

BTW, the health club I used to belong too (Lifetime) had seperate private stalls for everyone.  So this was not an issue, but for clubs with communal showers, they really need to go to seperate stalls, this should avoid the problem, at least for me, since I have no problem with a gay guy seeing me in a towel, etc..  But showering next to me, no way.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:23:34 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Seperate showering facilities would be appropriate.  I do not want another person in the shower checking me out.  Basically, you are just asking for unwanted advances, etc..

BTW, the health club I used to belong too (Lifetime) had seperate private stalls for everyone.  So this was not an issue, but for clubs with communal showers, they really need to go to seperate stalls, this should avoid the problem, at least for me, since I have no problem with a gay guy seeing me in a towel, etc..  But showering next to me, no way.

Army would so not be your place. lol. Communal showers. 20x 20 room, 8 showerheads.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:27:01 AM EDT
[#48]
so blacks and jews should have different shower facilities so they don't look you over to rob and look you over to lend money to?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:46:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Like the Germans and Jews had separate showers at Dachau?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:58:47 AM EDT
[#50]
I really don't give a rats ass.  If someone wants to look at me, fine, look.

If someone tries to touch me in a locker room, or if someone is touching themselves [ick] in a locker room, I would just contact the management and ask for them to be kicked out.  Even if it is a straight guy looking at a lamanated Playboy in the shower...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top