Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2006 10:09:07 PM EDT
Driving home from dinner chewing some gum.  Felt something weird.  A crown came off a molar.  Got home, cleaned it up and rinsed out mouth with salt water.  Put the crown back on and it felt pretty tight.  Figured on calling dentist first thing in the am and getting it glued back on.

A couple of hours later I decide to have some fresh from the oven cookies.  On the LAST one...  on the LAST BITE of the LAST ONE...  I hear and feel a horrible crunch.

My crown popped off and turned around and I bit down on it.

Porcelain broke.  Now my dentist will have to get me a new one.

Voila.  $800 cookie.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:09:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Well.  That sucks.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:10:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Driving home from dinner chewing some gum.  Felt something weird.  A crown came off a molar.  Got home, cleaned it up and rinsed out mouth with salt water.  Put the crown back on and it felt pretty tight.  Figured on calling dentist first thing in the am and getting it glued back on.

A couple of hours later I decide to have some fresh from the oven cookies.  On the LAST one...  on the LAST BITE of the LAST ONE...  I hear and feel a horrible crunch.

Voila.  $800 cookie.

Hope that cookie tasted good.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:13:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Voila.  $800 cookie.

Well, it was pretty good.  But it wasn't worth one penny over $750.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:43:53 PM EDT
[#4]
.../
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:48:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Voila.  $800 cookie.

Well, it was pretty good.  But it wasn't worth one penny over $750.

Dude, don't tell your wife that!!!
~Dg84
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:03:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey bro, did you swallow the filling?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:33:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Man . Asking a guy if he swallowed is just wrong .
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:38:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:17:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Too funny........waaaaay too funny
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:11:37 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My sense of humor is temporarily out of service.

Man.  For FOUR BUCKS I could have picked up some temporary crown cement from a drug store and glued it until I could get to the dentist.

I hate making stupid mistakes.

Especially when they cost 800 bucks.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:08:21 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Man.  For FOUR BUCKS I could have picked up some temporary crown cement from a drug store and glued it until I could get to the dentist.

For what it is worth that cement stuff causes more trouble than it is worth most times . It gets even worse if you haven't had the full root canal yet and use .
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:49:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know what you mean, hope your dental work turns out okay
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:00:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Can't you just yank the tooth(teeth) out?  That is Bushmaster expensive man!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:05:20 PM EDT
[#14]
AAGGGhhh, thith ith tha one rith hereth. I feel your pain, had one pop about 5 years ago and did the same thing, 100 to 600 bucks in one bite.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:10:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Voila.  $800 cookie.

that's all..... I thought you went to Vegas and got yourself an expensive black hooker with dingleberries on her cooch...

Sorry to hear about that... it sucks. it could be worse though, I am having a back fusion in a couple of months and took a nice fall and landed on my back today..
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:05:01 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
For what it is worth that cement stuff causes more trouble than it is worth most times . It gets even worse if you haven't had the full root canal yet and use .

Correct. Fixodent works well enough for temporary duty.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:11:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Damn, that sucks.

Coming from someone who has a grand total of 12 of the freakin things, I'm always worried about what you describe.

Why did you eat something when you knew it was loose? That would have been a great time to have some jello.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:46:36 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Damn, that sucks.

Coming from someone who has a grand total of 12 of the freakin things, I'm always worried about what you describe.

Why did you eat something when you knew it was loose? That would have been a great time to have some jello.

Why?  I plead temporary stupidity.  When it popped off I was chewing bubble gum, so the gum pulled on the crown.  Later, when I got home I rinsed out my mouth with warm salt water and popped it back on.  I wasn't going to chew gum on it - didn't thnk it would fall off eating other stuff.

This temporary stupidity is going to run up a pretty big bill.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:10:20 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Correct. Fixodent works well enough for temporary duty.

Same thing with useing that stuff if you pop a filling . OMG I am not a puss puss , but I swear to god I wanted to rip my jaw off just to make the pain stop .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top