Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/15/2006 8:05:13 PM EDT
did you know that a red curb means "do not park here"?  a lot of people don't...  i guess they can't read the big white letters that form the words "NO PARKING" on the curb either.

it never fails - i go to walmart or heb, and end up sitting in front of the store waiting for someone to move their car.  i can't go around them because of all the traffic coming towards me, and i can't back up because of the cars behind me.

if you need to run into the store for just a second, don't park in front of the fucking store!  the curb in front of the store is not the personal parking space for you people that like to park there and block traffic while you fill up your gallon jugs at the water machine next to the front doors.  and if you need to drop off your wife in front of the store(which is fine by me), please make sure she's ready to get out of the car...  i don't like waiting for your lady to get her coat on and do her makeup.

and if you still feel the need to do so, please pick another time to do it besides early afternoon - the busiest time of the day
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:06:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I love the ones who park in the "expecting mothers" spot at Wal-Mart, and well, there not...... Pisses my GF off to no end (She is prego).... She let one lady have it the other day.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:07:31 PM EDT
[#2]
be a dick and lay on the horn till they move or do something so stupid that it entertains you and takes your mind off of the stupidity that caused them to park there
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:07:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I love the ones who park in the "expecting mothers" spot at Wal-Mart, and well, there not...... Pisses my GF off to no end (She is prego).... She let one lady have it the other day.

Is there such a thing?

Never noticed them before.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:08:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

How'd you get a pregnant girlfriend so quickly?  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:08:18 PM EDT
[#5]
it only gets worse once your inside the story...

the same idiots that can't park out there are pushing shopping carts thru the story.

SHOPPING CART RULES...

1. Drive your cart like a car on the street, right side down the aisles.

2. Only pass carts when you have enough time to re-enter your lane (right side) before oncoming traffic arrives.

3. DON'T STOP YOUR BUGGY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AISLE BECAUSE YOU NOTICED OREO'S ARE ON SALE... YOU FAT FUCK!

4.  If you do need time to make a decision on a purchase, push your cart to the side of the aisle to allow others to pass

5.  If you have a small child screaming their head off inside your cart while your stand 15 feet away choosing between chunky or regular Rego sauce, don't be surprised when I shove a loaf of bread in kid's pie hole.

6.  If you're too fat/lazy to walk and require one of those motorized scooters for your shopping, then for god's sake find the fast gear on those puppies.  I could push that thing faster than your moving.

EPOCH

feel free to add

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:09:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

we recently got those at my local heb.  i love seeing the 40 year old soccer dad park his dodge ram there.  the handicapped spot really gets to me to.  it bugs the living hell out of me to see people park their dodge viper in a handicap spot to avoid door dings
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:10:36 PM EDT
[#7]
When you come out of he store "accidentally' run your cart into their car.  If they get upset you call the cops/let them call the cops as they are parked in a fire lane
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:11:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I found her that way...  

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is there such a thing?

Never noticed them before.

Yeah, the Wal-Marts around here have 2 on each side (regular and food).
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:13:36 PM EDT
[#9]
A pet peeve of mine also. I think they should take the offender's rig, tow it to the center of the parking lot, blow it up, then put a warning sign on it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:13:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do I need to explain the birds and the bees to you patty? You have 3 kids right.. Well they don't come from watermelon seeds..
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:14:24 PM EDT
[#11]
"what are you going to do about it?"

Nothing.  That's why they do it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:14:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do I need to explain the birds and the bees to you patty? You have 3 kids right.. Well they don't come from watermelon seeds..

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:16:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
be a dick and lay on the horn till they move or do something so stupid that it entertains you and takes your mind off of the stupidity that caused them to park there

I've done that.  And as soon as he got out of his car to continue the discusion with me a hole opened up for me to drive around.  The dumb ass also locked his keys in a running car

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:18:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Solution to that, do away with the spot. walking is good for pregnant women.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:19:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

a couple years ago i was riding with a friend in his car, and we got stuck behind some old, fat guy parked in front of the store.  he was just standing on the sidewalk next to his car.  when we were able to pass, i leaned out the window and said something to the effect of "hey man, i don't think that's a good spot to park in"...  i wasn't a dick about either, but this old guy just opened up on me and my buddy..  "YOU FUCKING COCK SUCKERS! FUCK OFF BITCHES!  I'LL FUCK YOU UP!!!"

i'm a big guy, and i can take care of myself, but i'm not about to get into it with some greasy white trash douchebag in a crowded parking lot, so i just ignored him.  but it took a lot to talk my friend out of turning around and doing something...  i've seen him pull some crazy shit, and i have no doubt he would've gotten into it with that guy
anyways, i guess the inconsiderate douchebags are usually assholes too
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:19:48 PM EDT
[#16]
As soon as they stop giving handicapped stickers to Fat Asses with no problems other than the lard the lub around I'll stop parking in the handicap spots
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:20:59 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To a certain extent yes.... But she has also been sick (7 months along)  Was funny watching her lay into the non-prego lady... hehehehe
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:21:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Know what I hate? Fat people, especially ones who will cruise around for 10 minutes to find a closer parking spot so they don't have to walk the extra 50 yards. Hey fatty you could have spent 1 of those 10 minutes walking the extra distance and then had whole 9 extra minutes to pick out your pop tarts and cheetos.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:24:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Know what I hate? Fat people, especially ones who will cruise around for 10 minutes to find a closer parking spot so they don't have to walk the extra 50 yards. Hey fatty you could have spent 1 of those 10 minutes walking the extra distance and then had whole 9 extra minutes to pick out your pop tarts and cheetos.

have you ever watched some of them walk into the store?  half of them just kind of waddle like they can't move their legs.  it's like watching a 600 pound penguin wearing a pancho
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:24:04 PM EDT
[#20]
 I wish I had that much time to worry about stupid shit.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:39:18 PM EDT
[#21]
What are you all bitchinng here for. Tell them.  The fat, ignorant fucks got it coming. Hell, they need it. Same for the ones who throw trash and cigarettes out of their cars. Tell 'em all off.

All this PC, nonconfrontational bullshit has only turned the country over to fat, obnoxious, ignorant, losers.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:44:05 PM EDT
[#22]
What I hate is at closing time there is only ugly or fat chicks left.. Well some times ya have to go with the plush ride. Rather than worrying about a double bagger.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:22:13 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
What I hate is at closing time there is only ugly or fat chicks left.. Well some times ya have to go with the plush ride. Rather than worrying about a double bagger.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:23:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:28:26 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
it only gets worse once your inside the story...

the same idiots that can't park out there are pushing shopping carts thru the story.

SHOPPING CART RULES...

1. Drive your cart like a car on the street, right side down the aisles.

2. Only pass carts when you have enough time to re-enter your lane (right side) before oncoming traffic arrives.

3. DON'T STOP YOUR BUGGY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AISLE BECAUSE YOU NOTICED OREO'S ARE ON SALE... YOU FAT FUCK!

4.  If you do need time to make a decision on a purchase, push your cart to the side of the aisle to allow others to pass

5.  If you have a small child screaming their head off inside your cart while your stand 15 feet away choosing between chunky or regular Rego sauce, don't be surprised when I shove a loaf of bread in kid's pie hole.

6.  If you're too fat/lazy to walk and require one of those motorized scooters for your shopping, then for god's sake find the fast gear on those puppies.  I could push that thing faster than your moving.

EPOCH

feel free to add

+1

7. If the expess lane says 8 items or less, get you heaping full cart out of line.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:43:49 PM EDT
[#26]

7. If the expess lane says 8 items or less, get you heaping full cart out of line.

But what if it's the only line open?  About half the time I go to the grocery store the only register open is the express lane.  Without fail some moron complains about the number of items I'm buying.  What else am I supposed to do?  I've even had the manager at a local Bi-Lo bitch at me non-stop for almost ten straight minutes.  I just let the idiot go on just to see when he'd run out of steam.  After I pointed-out that was the only open register, he then really got pissed-off and knocked my bags out of my hand.  He didn't say a word to me when I went back through the store to replace the entire gallon of milk that poured out onto the floor or the glass jar of peanuts that busted.  When I left he was on the phone screaming at someone to come-in to work to clean-up the mess.  I'm really tired of people complaining about having too many items in the express lane.z
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:50:22 PM EDT
[#27]
If it's the only lane open then the store needs to open a second, if they can't for what ever reason then that lane become a normal lane, and I have no problem with that.  Stores need to learn how to staff.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:14:50 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I have parked in those before when there is no other spot. If the woman cant walk she should be at home.

As far as I know there is no law against it. I would laugh is some broad bitched me out.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:17:27 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have parked in those before when there is no other spot. If the woman cant walk she should be at home.

As far as I know there is no law against it. I would laugh is some broad bitched me out.

What a dick.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:21:34 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
"what are you going to do about it?"

Nothing.  That's why they do it.

Yeah?  Well.... if they have a soft top, WATCH OUT!   I'm headed their way with my Rambo knife.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:07:59 AM EDT
[#31]
I like it when idiots pull up and park in the loading zone at lowe's so I have to carry my 6 pieces of 12 foot baseboard across the freaking parking lot.  It's not for parking because you're too lazy to walk from the parking lot like everyone else!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:15:20 AM EDT
[#32]
One of my absolute favorite things to do is when we get a job (medic or Fire) is to park the trucks so that they block all those in the fire lane, from getting out of it I love to see the look on their face when they come out and see the FD, EMS and the PD trucks all grouped around their car. You would be amazed at how often this happens. Then they get pissed because they can't get out, the PD usually picks this time to pull out the ticket book.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:30:24 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

on a related note, if I get lucky and get a choice parking spot I take my time when ready to leave: slowly fasten the seatbelt, adjust the mirrors, check cell phone for messages,  then as soon as a car that was camping out on my space gets frustrated and leaves that's my cue to leave the space
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:33:42 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

To a certain extent yes.... But she has also been sick (7 months along)  Was funny watching her lay into the non-prego lady... hehehehe

I onced witnessed a prego red headed irish female friend of mine unload on some ignorant dickhead like that...   I was fearing for my life, even being on her good side
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:35:19 AM EDT
[#35]
I like it when some fat ass spends $150 on junk food and beer and then uses food stamps for milk and cheese and whatever the hell else you can buy with them.  Or when they have to dig through their purse to find a coupon to save 10 cents.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:38:33 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

have you ever watched some of them walk into the store?  half of them just kind of waddle like they can't move their legs.  it's like watching a 600 pound penguin wearing a pancho

OMG!!! The walk of the OBESE!!! I've seen them so bad they pivot their whole body around the one leg that's planted to the ground. Their legs don't move at the ankle, at the knee, or at the hip!!! Like the scene in Jurassic Park where the T-Rex causes the water in the cup to ripple. BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, the OBESE ARE COMING FOR YOU!!!

I know there are some nice people who have become victims of obesity through no fault of their own. But how the hell do you eat so much that you get that damn big? It doesn't sneak up on you all of a sudden. I takes time and serious effort to pack on that many pounds.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:39:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Well, you'll get no grief from me. I save those prime parking spots for the rest of you. I park out back. I don't want any dings on my car.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:45:38 AM EDT
[#38]
I don't park in the handicapped spot but as far as I am concerned the pregnant mothers one is fair game. I think it is stupid to have that anyways. Handicapped people can't help it, pregnant people are that way by choice and deserve no special parking priveleges. Hell, people have been pregnenant through out time and have never demanded close parking. I don't see why they need it now.

What really pisses me off about the grocery store is carts. Do we need a 14 foot long cart that looks like a race car so your brats can have fun? What the hell? These people can't drive cars correctly, now they are pushing an aircraft carrier around in the store blocking everything in site. Because you know, life only revolves around them and their hell spawn.

Another thing that pisses me off about carts is when the hell did it become to much of a hassel to walk 10 feet and put your cart in a corrall? People that just leave their carts out need to be beat down and have their faces rubbed in concrete. Extreme? Yeah, but how else are they going to learn not to be a big prick?

One more thing, don't yell at the cashier because they ring people out in the fast lane that have too many items. I have been that cashier and let me tell you that you just have to suck it up and do it. You get not support from management to enforce the lane. If you told a customer they had too many items all they would do is yell, and management will back off like pussies and let them do it. Being a cashier is probably the worst job on the planet.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:46:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Don't even get me started on this stuff......

* People that park in the handicapp spaces when they are clearly NOT disabled........
* People that park in the fire lane and then sit there forever.......

I work at a large retailer and we had one guy that used to do this alot. He was a problem customer that everyone hated to deal with. He pulls up one day, parks in the fire lane right in front of the door, then gets out to go in shopping. A police officer that used to work for us part time pulls up and sees the car. He asks me how long it has been there, and I tell him only a few minutes, but if experience is any indicator it will be there for a while. He laughs and says "I'll take care of that". He gets on his nextel with a tow truck driver that was closeby, and has the car towed in about 3 minutes flat.  The guy comes out of the store about 20 minutes later and starts jumping up and down. He does not see us on the other end of the parking lot, so he reports his car stolen. Our friend, the officer, takes the call and goes up to him inform him that he had it towed....and hands him a parking ticket as well......
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:47:59 AM EDT
[#40]
I really hate the grocery stores that do not let you take your cart to your vehicle.  If you're shopping alone, you have to trust the other shoppers not to steal the steaks out of your cart while you go get the car from the other end of the lot, or try to carry a week's worth of groceries to your vehicle in one trip.  

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:48:38 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Well, you'll get no grief from me. I save those prime parking spots for the rest of you. I park out back. I don't want any dings on my car.

I got to ride on my wife's old boss about that . . . he got himself a brand new Corvette.  Sitting out in front of the shop he has it taking up two spaces so he doesn't get any 'decorations' from us little people . . .
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:51:28 AM EDT
[#42]
what i hate are the people that have no clue how to use the self checkout lanes if you cant operate a computer assume that you cant operate the self check out lane.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:52:47 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I really hate the grocery stores that do not let you take your cart to your vehicle.  If you're shopping alone, you have to trust the other shoppers not to steal the steaks out of your cart while you go get the car from the other end of the lot, or try to carry a week's worth of groceries to your vehicle in one trip.  

Kharn

What the hell? I've never heard of a grocery store that did this. They won't let you take the cart out to your vehicle? I wouldn't shop there, prices be damned. That's just stupid.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:03:14 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kharn

What the hell? I've never heard of a grocery store that did this. They won't let you take the cart out to your vehicle? I wouldn't shop there, prices be damned. That's just stupid.

In this area, you either shop at this place, or you shop at the cheap place that the poor people and crack addicts hang out at and no white person in their right mind would be caught dead in. The good store is that way because the homeless people cant steal the carts.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:03:50 AM EDT
[#45]

what i hate are the people that have no clue how to use the self checkout lanes if you cant operate a computer assume that you cant operate the self check out lane.

I had some freak lady the other day start paying for $40 worth of items with change at the self check out. There were several people in line that were ready to strangle her as she kept digging in purse for more change.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:07:50 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know about 7 years ago I quit eating watermelon's and haven't gotten preggo since!

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:08:46 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

But what if it's the only line open?  About half the time I go to the grocery store the only register open is the express lane.  Without fail some moron complains about the number of items I'm buying.  What else am I supposed to do?  I've even had the manager at a local Bi-Lo bitch at me non-stop for almost ten straight minutes.  I just let the idiot go on just to see when he'd run out of steam.  After I pointed-out that was the only open register, he then really got pissed-off and knocked my bags out of my hand.  He didn't say a word to me when I went back through the store to replace the entire gallon of milk that poured out onto the floor or the glass jar of peanuts that busted.  When I left he was on the phone screaming at someone to come-in to work to clean-up the mess.  I'm really tired of people complaining about having too many items in the express lane.z

That's unreal. Did you report it to their corporate office? He needs to be canned post haste!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:10:43 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

aren't you the same guy that went off on me last week because i didn't have any compassion for my fellow man, and i couldn't be trusted to do the right thing and look out for other people?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:15:04 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I know there are some nice people who have become victims of obesity through no fault of their own. But how the hell do you eat so much that you get that damn big? It doesn't sneak up on you all of a sudden. I takes time and serious effort to pack on that many pounds.

yeah, it's almost as if they wanted to be like that.  i too know a couple people that are well over 400 pounds, and they're some of the greatest people in the world.  i just don't understand why they let that happen to themselves.

i was on that road not too long ago, but i saw where i was going, and i worked my ass off to keep it from happening to me.  i've still got a little ways to go, but i'm 100% better off then i was this time a year ago...

Quoted:
I don't park in the handicapped spot but as far as I am concerned the pregnant mothers one is fair game. I think it is stupid to have that anyways. Handicapped people can't help it, pregnant people are that way by choice and deserve no special parking priveleges. Hell, people have been pregnenant through out time and have never demanded close parking. I don't see why they need it now.

i can definately see where your coming from.  the girl who got knocked up 2 weeks ago certainly doesn't need a special parking spot, but i would feel like a dick if i parked there and a women in her third trimester was forced to park all the way in the back.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:16:23 AM EDT
[#50]
When the handicapped spaces started popping up, I had no problem as such, but I wondered what kind of floodgate would open......

Sure enough, the expecting and new mother spaces started.

Several montha ago, I got some 5 gallon  pails, cut them off and filled them with concrete and put a stick in. I attached a sigh that read: Any US Service man and posted them in several different lots next to the prego spaces.

ALL of them disappeared inside of 2 days except for 1. That lasted 3 days.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top