Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/15/2006 6:54:47 PM EDT
Ok this happened a month ago and I was out of town so here is the weird story.

I decided to finally shoot my colt 6721 as it had been NIB for too long and my trigger finger was getting soft. Went out to my buddies farm and had a nice afternoon of sighting it in and generally enjoying some trigger time shooting all my ammo in the process.
The trip home was something diffrent..
I pull up to a stoplight in the right lane with two cars in front of me. Out of the first car exits an old man and he proceeds to start screaming at the 17/19 year old girl in the car in front of me. Something like: " who the hell do you think you are driving like that blah blah blah".
Ok, I know young girls drive stupid and maybe somebody should yell at her but this guy wasn't quitting.  So then he's had enough and starts to go back to his car but no wait one minute now he's back again screaming. Alright asshole the lights green and yer startin to piss me off as I am stuck in the right lane and cars are blowin by on the left.
6000 RPM and a little sidestep of the clutch and I'm outta there, caught a glimpse of the old dude jumping out of his shorts as I passed.  Hey fuck you too!!

So back in the right lane a few miles down the road I notice somebody trying to get my attention in the left lane. A twenty something guy in a kia is next to me and he is showing me a BADGE. Uhh ok you want me to pull over right? Yeah right, I just kinda laughed and drove on.
Guess what, he's back and this time he's showing me a chrome .25 auto ( or something that looked like one) My first thought was, hey asswipe pull over so I can shove that thing up your ass.  But then I quickly put that out of my mind as that is one way to get oneself killed.
Then I thought what we got here is a gunshow.                                                                                  His jaw dropped when he saw the old 6721.
He tore off  and I drove home unmolested.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:55:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:58:21 PM EDT
[#2]
real mature , you should've called the cops instead of trying to be a badass.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:58:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
hr

+1
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:58:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:59:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:00:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice.
- knowing you, that is.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:02:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:05:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey ,I was outta ammo. Cops could have pulled me over and everthing would have been cool.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:06:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:07:00 PM EDT
[#10]
By the way I was not trying to be a baddass, he was.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:08:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Being arrested for brandishing a weapon has nothing to do whether it was loaded or not ... ask little Vick .....
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:09:08 PM EDT
[#12]
If someone pull a gun on you in traffic, your best LEGAL, fear for your life gambit, response is to ram them off the road with your car.

Pull a gun on me while I am driving and I will not retaliate in kind. I will use the mass of my immediately available deadly weapon and run you into a phone pole. Same goes for any idiot unlucky enough to jump into my vehicle and demand that I "drive". I will attain the highest speed possible in my vehicle, and then find a solid, immobile object to decelerate...

GT

Seatbelts are good.....
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:09:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:10:39 PM EDT
[#14]
ya done good, son!

don't let these naysayers get you down
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:10:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:13:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Move over Chesty Puller, I have a new hero.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:16:29 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Hey ,I was outta ammo. Cops could have pulled me over and everthing would have been cool.

Doesn't matter if it's loaded or not! All someone has to do is get a good enough look at your weapon to describe it to the popo's. If they call the cops and tell them you pointed it at them....and can describe it.....you're gonna have a world of shit.

"Hello, 911? This lunatic just pointed a machine gun at me and said he is gonna kill me!"

"Sir, can you describe the gun?"

"Hell yeah, it's one of them M16's!!"

Instant felony stop, and your going to jail, your vehicle gets towed, your new Colt gets impounded as evidence, and you will be working for your Lawyer for the next couple of years.....if you ain't gettin' buttfucked by Bubba.

Grow up....while you still can!

ETA: He who calls the cops first wins!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:18:29 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

right, right, pull alongside the next cruiser you see an brandish you unloaded rifle. report back here with pics if possible.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:20:09 PM EDT
[#19]
one time my buddies and i were cming home from the range and some car comes up trying to pass on the left in a lane that was merging.  my buddy driving didnt even see them coming up until the lane had ended so he just gunned it and the car pulled back.  

we pulled into the middle and about 50 yards later the same car pulls up on the right again and this guy is litterally hanging out the window of the car screaming at us while a girl drove.  he had a 24oz in his hand he was drinking and was obviously drunk screaming for us to pull over.

we thought it was pretty funny because there were three big guys in our truck, loaded to the gills with guns and ammo, and here was this little 130lb shitstain trying to get us to pull over.  we just laughed and gave him the bird but they paced us and he kept going with his shit for over a mile.

then he finished his beer and threw it at our truck. the driver, who owned the truck, reached into his bag for a pistol but i stopped him and told him we dont need the trouble just to teach this guy a lesson.  the other guy in the car wanted to pull over and beat the crap out of the guy like he apparantly wanted but i advised against that as well.  i just didnt think it would go over well, especially since we had a 1919 in the truck and several rifles and pistols.

i am not the best guy when it comes to situations like that, and i tend to go the wrong route, but for some reason i turned into mother theresa that day.    they listened to me thankfully, we could still be in jail right now if they hadn't for all i know.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:21:01 PM EDT
[#20]
YEH! RIGHT......
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:21:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Ok then, tell my story and let them check the other guys car. How else would I know he has a badge and a small auto unless he displayed them.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:21:27 PM EDT
[#22]

You are now a felon even though you have not been arrested, charged, convicted.

Turn your guns in please.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:23:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Ya should have been in the minivan..I give my wife the wheel while my 5 year old hands the AR to me from under the 3rd row bench..I then whip out ear protection for all the kids and make sure I have my wraparound shades and black gloves on with my ballcap spun around backwards.  Then I open the sliding door for whichever side the offender is on and let him have a look at me in all my tactical glory...Most cases its enough to cause immediate loss of bowel control followed by 10 car chain collision
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:26:39 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Post Number :: 444

Sweet Jesus!  You've been a member for 15 days and you have 444 posts?

15 days.....  444 posts.... Are you Sgtar15 long lost bastard child?

EPOCH
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:28:38 PM EDT
[#25]
You should have just started shooting. But what you did was real smart too
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:28:39 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
How else would I know he has a badge and a small auto unless he displayed them.

Easy: You made it up. Internet is full of people who have a tenuous grasp on reality.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:30:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:30:22 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Hey, I was outta ammo.  

... That's a Cardinal Sin in itself
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:31:26 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Ok then, tell my story and let them check the other guys car. How else would I know he has a badge and a small auto unless he displayed them.

Damn, Son....didn't anybody ever teach you about assuming things? All the guy has to do is pull over and put his badge and pistol in a trash can. He can always come back and get them after he sends your ass to jail.  This 'ass-u-me's the cops would even be able to locate the other guy. He could be home having a beer.

Hypothetically, It's your word against his. He called the cops on you and you are the one suffering the felony stop and being found in posession of an evil black rifle.

Notice....the word assume contains: Ass     U    me.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How else would I know he has a badge and a small auto unless he displayed them.

Easy: You made it up. Internet is full of people who have a tenuous grasp on reality.

Could not have said it better myself!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:33:47 PM EDT
[#31]
I can only say I did what I did . If it was the "wrong" thing to do well then it was wrong. It did have the desired result in the end.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:35:29 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If someone pull a gun on you in traffic, your best LEGAL, fear for your life gambit, response is to ram them off the road with your car.

Pull a gun on me while I am driving and I will not retaliate in kind. I will use the mass of my immediately available deadly weapon and run you into a phone pole.

I used this maneuver several times in Iraq with great success, although not in response to a firearm being brandished.

Substitute "other vehicle", "building" or "random obstacle" for "phone pole" though.

+1 whoever controls the rear of the vehicle contols that vehicle
I was kinda cool growing up on a farm and having a used car lot
Good thing  the discovery channel was not around in those days or any of the police reality shows ( except cops)
I and my buds would have had way too many ideas
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:43:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:47:20 PM EDT
[#34]
 I wont call B.S. on this story because I had something similar happen to me in Houston 4 or 5 years go.  I was rapidly travelling through town one day when a couple of fine upstanding Hispanic youths took offense to my passing them and changing lanes rapidly, placing my truck in front of their fixer-upper Monte Carlo.  They proceded to pull up beside me and express their displeasure of my manuever.  I looked over at them, waved, and mouthed SORRY.  They obviously doubted the sincereaty of my apology and gave me a single finger salute.  I suppose that this didnt satisfy their anger enough because the passenger proceedes to brandish some kind of danty little pistol.  Being the pacifist that I am, I pulled my 1991 A1 Compact out from under the pile of assorted crap that was in the seat next to me. I look over to the angry youngster, shook my head, and pressed my pistol against my window.  I am not saying that my actions were right nor legal, but they were very effective.  They sped away, and I continued my trip.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:49:56 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pull a gun on me while I am driving and I will not retaliate in kind. I will use the mass of my immediately available deadly weapon and run you into a phone pole.

I used this maneuver several times in Iraq with great success, although not in response to a firearm being brandished.

Substitute "other vehicle", "building" or "random obstacle" for "phone pole" though.

See, I'm not even gonna bother with half assed bullshit. A 2000lb car at 65 beats a 230 grain bullet at a paltry 500mph any day....

Phone poles are far more prevalent in my area than buldings.....

GT
Carjack me motherfucker. I dare you.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:54:51 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Post Number :: 444

Sweet Jesus!  You've been a member for 15 days and you have 444 posts?

15 days.....  444 posts.... Are you Sgtar15 long lost bastard child?

EPOCH

NO NO
It's the son of DustyII
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:55:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Never leave the range without ammo for the trip home
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:58:36 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
real mature , you should've called the cops instead of trying to be a badass.

If he was mature he wouldn't be a member of ARFCOM now would he?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:02:17 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

+30
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:03:22 PM EDT
[#40]

+1
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:21:15 PM EDT
[#41]
I found that the best way to make the other guy feel better about the situation is to blow them a kiss.

Next time someone gets mad at you in traffic, Blow them a kiss....

I had a guy get so mad after I did that he ran his car into the center devider.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:21:37 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, I was outta ammo.  

... That's a Cardinal Sin in itself

Always have at least one mag left!!!

Preferable two per gun at the minimum!!!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:23:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Yeah +1 on the ammo thing. I hate when I do that.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:36:37 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm having trouble tying the first part of the story to the second part.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:44:02 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Pull a gun on me while I am driving and I will not retaliate in kind. I will use the mass of my immediately available deadly weapon and run you into a phone pole. Same goes for any idiot unlucky enough to jump into my vehicle and demand that I "drive". I will attain the highest speed possible in my vehicle, and then find a solid, immobile object to decelerate...

GT

Seatbelts are good.....

Are you a pole tester too?  killing both of you is probably not the best idea.  but whatever floats your boat.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:50:08 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+30

Always a good rule.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:53:55 PM EDT
[#47]
If you don't have a reason to pull the trigger, don't pull the gun. Oh, yeah never use all your ammo at the range.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:58:43 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Yes, wow.....- I didn't know they could pile such steaming, smelly stuff so high...

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:00:31 PM EDT
[#49]
I always make sure I have at least one mag for my pistol on the way home from the range.

There is a scene in the movie, "Silverado," where Scott Glenn is practicing. After he empties his two Colt 45s the bad guys throw ropes around him and take him prisoner. Good food for thought.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:35:33 PM EDT
[#50]
isn't "Clutchsmoke" one of the Autobots?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top