Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2006 6:08:45 PM EDT
I bought a KitchenAid mixer for my wife off of ebay. I never received notification of shipment.

So after a week or two I tried the ebay messaging system and asked for the shipping info. No response.

So I waited another week and emailed the seller directly and threatened negative feedback. Low and behold I got the shipping information.

The problem was the item was supposedly delivered on the 29th. We never received it. We have started a FedEx track on the package.

My problem is the seller never sent the shipping information. I could have been more proactive, but I won the auction on Dec 24th and figured the item probably wouldn't ship until after the first of the year. I didn't want to seem unreasonable.

So should I:
Leave positive feedback-they sent the item promptly and the problem is on FedEx's end.
Leave nuetral feedback-they should have sent notification of shipment.
Leave negative feedback-it's simple internet protocol to send notification of shipment and if they would have followed protocol it would have identified the problem earlier.
Leave no feedback-they should have sent notification of shipment, but I should have been more proactive.

Coincidentally, our credit card number was stolen at about the same time. I'm not blaming the seller in anyway. However, my leading theory for how it was stolen was an online purchase. Now I'm thinking it was a FedEx driver who got the info off of the receipt. The crazy charges on my card started right after the item was supposed to be delivered.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:12:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Negative feedback for the shitbag.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:17:15 PM EDT
[#2]
negative feedback
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:20:24 PM EDT
[#3]
leave the neg. feedback but be prepared for retaliatory neg. feedback from the shitstick
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:29:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I think after thirty days the seller and buyer can not leave any feedback!! Wait until the last minute and then leave some - feedback!!! If you leave him - feedback now the seller can leave - feedback or add a comment to feedback already left!! Check this out on ebay. I am pretty sure this is how it goes.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#5]
It's 90 days and it's tempting.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:47:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I think after thirty days the seller and buyer can not leave any feedback!! Wait until the last minute and then leave some - feedback!!! If you leave him - feedback now the seller can leave - feedback or add a comment to feedback already left!! Check this out on ebay. I am pretty sure this is how it goes.

+1   also comment on how your ### was stolen and charges were made.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:49:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
+1   also comment on how your ### was stolen and charges were made.

I can't prove it was due to their actions. I doubt I'll ever get a copy of the receipt to see if they failed to safeguard the CC#, but the evidence seems to suggest it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:52:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Ebay: An online pawn shop, WTF did you expect, honesty?

Cut your losses and put it in the lessons learned file.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:56:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Ebay: An online pawn shop, WTF did you expect, honesty?

Cut your losses and put it in the lessons learned file.

What did I expect? I expected notification of shipment.

Now, the actual shipping problem is neither the seller's nor ebay's problem. FedEx is handling the shipping problem, and I expect them to handle that to my satisfaction.

However, better communication would have mitigated this problem.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:02:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Does ebay require shipping notification to be sent?

Did the seller promise it in the auction?

If not, I would not leave negative feedback.

Neutral or none, imho.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:06:04 AM EDT
[#11]
If you can't decide what to say, you're better off not saying it.

Edited for a typo
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:11:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:11:31 AM EDT
[#13]
I never send out shipment notifications, unless the buyer specifically asks me to. I sell way to many items and I dont have the time to sit here and type out 40 emails with 40 different tracking numbers whenever I ship things. I would at least leave neutral feedback, when I am asked for shipping info I provide it asap, he failed to do that, it does seem like the majority of the problem is with Fedex, so thats why I would suggest Nuetral instead of negative.

I dont really see how the Fedex guy could have gotten your CC info from the seller, I take CC payments all the time and I have yet to see even a partial CC number from one of my buyers. Unless you bypassed Paypal and actually gave the seller your CC number???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top