Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2006 1:04:55 PM EDT
Apparently they got a call about a man with a gun at a local motel. Cops pull up. Badguy opens fire hitting one officer (my friend) in the arm (still in the hospital), the other officer in the leg. Badguy either killed himself or was killed by a third officer. Found a bunch of meth in the guys hotel room.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:06:11 PM EDT
[#1]
that sucks. hope yhey are ok, and get medals or equally cool do-hickey (P-90)
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:09:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn.....fuck that meth, it is bad shit.

Keep us updated on your buddy.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:19:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry to hear that. I hope they both come out of it ok.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:22:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I hope both Officers fully recover.

Good job on the perp.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:26:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:30:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:33:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Hope he's okay. I'll say a prayer for him.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:39:07 PM EDT
[#8]
What's the body count on the war on drugs so far?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:42:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Not nearly high enough.  People that engage in the consumption and trade of narcotics are amongst the lowest in any society.  They will beg, borrow and steal to either make the jack or get their fix.

Prayers to the guys shot, good work on putting the tweaker down like the animal he was.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:43:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I hope both Officers fully recover.

Good job on the perp.

Me too!  

-HS
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:44:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Very sorry to hear, hope they are ok.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:45:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Our Prayers to your buddy and fellow officer...
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:45:42 PM EDT
[#13]
I went hunting this morning, and haven't read the paper, or seen the news. Where in Bama? I hope they will be okay, that makes 3 LEOs injured in Bama over the weekend so far. Glad to hear the bad guy got it, that makes 2 bad guys that have been killed in the line of stupidity this weekend.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:56:57 PM EDT
[#14]
that sux...

hope he gets well quickly
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:08:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I hope he ends up just fine and no worse for the wear.

HH
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:18:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Sucks

God damn meth cookers.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:22:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:23:33 PM EDT
[#18]
That sucks, sorry to hear that. I wish him a speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:33:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Sorry to hear this man and mad too .  Glad it wasn't worse though.
Steve

<<<<<<< post 3K :)
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:03:03 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Nice try, but the call was about a man with a gun, not about drugs in a hotel room.  Killing a tweaker is merely a bennie.

Kudos to the officers and a quick wish for recovery.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:17:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Glad it wasn't more serious for him. Hopefully he regains full use of his arm.

Glad the dirtbag took a dirtnap
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:31:28 PM EDT
[#22]
God Speed.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:49:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Sunday, January 15, 2006 12:21 AM CST

Greenville Police officers keep watch at the Comfort Inn on Saturday night. An unidentified suspect allegedly shot two Greenville Police Officers and was subsequently found dead in a hotel room later that evening.  
Two officers injured, suspect killed in Saturday shootout

By Kevin Pearcey, Dennis Palmer, Regina Grayson

Two Greenville police officers were shot during a gunfight at the Comfort Inn Saturday that also left the suspected shooter dead.

According to Greenville police, officers Lionel Davidson and Matt Bass received gunshot wounds after confronting an unidentified man in his first floor hotel room early Saturday evening.

Bass and Davidson's injuries are non-life threatening, according to GPD spokesperson Lt. Anthony Barganier. Both were transported to L.V. Stabler Memorial Hospital. Bass was then flown to Mobile, while Davidson was taken to Montgomery for further treatment.

After several tense hours, an assault team entered the suspect's hotel room and found him dead.

“From our initial investigation it appears the bad guy was killed in the initial shootout,” said Police Chief Lonzo Ingram. “Witnesses said the suspect was walking up and down the hall carrying a gun and told somebody at the hotel ‘somebody is trying to kill me.'”

Ingram said the suspect appeared to be occupying the room by himself.

Amanda Conway is the E-911 dispatcher who took the call from the manager of Comfort Inn.

"The manager said that there was a guest at the hotel with a gun," Conway said. "Officer Matt Bass answered the call, he and Officer Davidson. Officer Byron Russell went for back-up."

According to Conway, Russell called back a few minutes later and said that an officer was down.

"All units were notified. Everybody was sent," she said.

Atlanta resident Ken Armstrong and his girlfriend Donna Rainer were staying in the room across the hall from the suspect.

“I heard the police officers ask the guy to come to the door about four or five times,” Armstrong said. “I looked out the peep hole and I saw the officers standing on either side of his door and one of them had his gun drawn. I told my girl to go lie down beside the bed and about that time I heard five or six gunshots.”

Armstrong said he waited a few minutes and then looked out the peephole of his ground floor room again and saw the suspect on all fours looking out the door of his room down the hall.

“My girl told me to get away from the door and then I heard four or five more gunshots,” he said. “At that point we knew we weren't staying in the room anymore so we went out the window.”

Armstrong said he and Rainer ran around the back of the hotel and were confronted by some police officers.

“One of the officers shouted ‘is that them' and another officer told them ‘no it wasn't,'” he said. Then another officer came over with a shotgun and told us to get on the ground. After they let us get up we asked them if we could get as far away from there as possible.”

Pizza delivery driver Michael Goulland, had just driven into the parking lot of Comfort Inn and gotten out of his vehicle when he noticed a Greenville police officer.

"I saw a police officer standing near the hallway of the hotel and he started telling someone to 'get down,'" Goulland said. "Then about ten seconds later he started firing, and he backed out into the parking lot."

Greenville Police, Alabama State Troopers and Butler County Sheriff's Deputies halted all traffic crossing the bridge over Interstate 65 and formed a perimeter around the hotel. Bargainier said Comfort Inn guests were notified of the situation and advised to remain in their rooms. Nearby, at Taco Bell, customers and employees were told to lie down and turn off all lights.

Logan Scheoppert, along with his friends Bailey Cates and Morgan Smith, were in Taco Bell during the standoff.

“We tried to walk out and someone yelled at us to get back in,” he said.

Scheoppert said he did not know there had been shots fired, but he did see a police car arrive on the scene, help an injured officer into the car and then back up away from the hotel.

At approximately 9 p.m., the GPD's Special Response Team entered the hotel. At 9:15 word was sent out that the suspect was dead.

“We're glad we had everyone in place and the situation was handled appropriately,” said Greenville Mayor Dexter McLendon. “We're definitely concerned about our officers who were injured but it looks like they're going to be okay. This just goes to show that things like this can happen anywhere.”
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:59:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Damn glad the officers are going to be okay. It has been a busy weekend for the guys around Greenville, a tornado hit close to there Fri. morning, killing one person, and destroying several homes.  Wild weekend in L.A. ( lower Alabama).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top