Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2006 12:41:05 PM EDT
My digital cameral will not read it contents on my computer when I hook up the cable......

Its a Fuji...and the computer recognizes that it is hooked up just fine.  Only thing is it shows no contents in the (auto) created folder.

My computer at work still reads it fine.   I also have gotten the message " I/O Device Error"....

any help from the computer literate here would be greatly appreciated
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:42:25 PM EDT
[#1]
What operating systems are you using
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:46:05 PM EDT
[#2]
XP
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:52:10 PM EDT
[#3]
try another computer running windowsxp.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:00:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Cruze
as per my original post......

it works on my work computer (with XP)
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:07:00 PM EDT
[#5]
If there both running XP try unplugging it and then go into the dvice manager and making shure its gone.You may as well reboot after and then plug the camera in agian after you rebooted
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:15:42 PM EDT
[#6]
It means your computer cannot initialize the device (turn on off) usually faulty drivers.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:14:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Cruze
as per my original post......

it works on my work computer (with XP)

sorry,

make sure both computers are running service pack 2.   for some reason here recently i have been hearing ALOT of bad  usb flash drives(including camera media) and such going bad.  

try a different usb port.   if that doesn't work buy 4 port pci usb card.  new examples

good luck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top