Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2006 12:09:31 PM EDT
I stopped by this smoothie shop in Chinatown, and both the staff and customers were young Asian guys who talked, drank, and watched TV. It looked like a hangout more than a letigimate business.

Anyway, I ordered an overpriced smoothie, and it was horrible. My cashier had an arm full of tattoos so I wasn't going to complain.

So, what do you think? I have my suspicions.

-Bill
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:10:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I stopped by this smoothie shop in Chinatown, and both the staff and customers were young Asian guys who talked, drank, and watched TV. It looked like a hangout more than a letigimate business.

Anyway, I ordered an overpriced smoothie, and it was horrible. My cashier had an arm full of tattoos so I wasn't going to complain.

-Bill

I have my suspicions about what was in that smoothie.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:12:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Bill

I have my suspicions about what was in that smoothie.

You're going to make me sick....again.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:14:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Lots of Asians hang out at Boba Shops
Mostly though they are university kids.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:16:23 PM EDT
[#4]
It's not a smoothie its a protein shake.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:20:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Dlaw down.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:21:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Dlaw down.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:22:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Did you try the Cream of Someyoungguy smoothie?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:23:09 PM EDT
[#8]
You go now!
We no want no trouble!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:24:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Th protein smoothie is pay back for all you round eye devils
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:33:07 PM EDT
[#10]
So, did this story have a happy ending?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:35:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Why do you care again?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:35:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

-Bill

What kind of smoothie?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:36:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I just left and threw the smoothie away outside the shop. It was mango flavor and artificially-colored and too much sugar.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:37:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

-Bill

...same could be said of an inner-city barber shop, or a gun store in the boonies.  

Whether the place is a front or not, you'll never know.

The ATF (Asian Task Force, not the gubbment) is not to be fucked with.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:44:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

-Bill

Oddly enough there is one at the intersection of Post Oak and Westheimer (Houston) near the Galleria (for the Houston crew) ....Jamba Juice and over Christmas we were in there.   It seemed like an Al Qaeda hangout.....and had the same tattoo covered freak behind the counter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top