Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2006 7:58:11 AM EDT
I have noticed lately that more and more people have dogs in there house or apartment. Some people don't want to have children but will have a dog in their apartment. Everyday they have to rush home from their long days at work to walk their dog. What is the difference in that and having children. THe child eventually can care for it self. Whose wearing the leash the human or the dog. Some people even have dogs in the house with their children. One guy at works says he can't break his child from playing in the dogs water/food bowl. If the dog was chained up in the bakyard eating out of a hub cap he wouldn't have this problem.

Some people even try to drive with a dog in their vehicle jumping all around. As if cigs and cell phone aren't enough of a accident causer.

I just don't think dogs should be left inside all day. That has to be torture on the dogs bladder. What the owner had to hold all day. I think our society is starting to cross the line with pets.

Now before you start blasting, I am a multiple pet owner. They are all setup so they can relieve themselves and roam free like they were intended.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:59:55 AM EDT
[#1]
you dont get your dogs taken away by CPS if you spank them for being bad.  dogs dont go on oprah claiming you are a bad parent.  you can put your dog down if it gets sick instead of paying hospital bills.  dogs dont smell as bad as kids.

I can go on....
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:07:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Not this fucking shit again...

Not everyone lives on 20 arces of land and wants 15 German Shepards. There are MANY breeds of dogs that live quite well in an apt. or condo and are happy with only a daily walking. Set your pet up on a schedule and they'll be just fine.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:10:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I am not going to leave my dog outside in 10 degree weather.  And if he takes a leak in the house it is nothing some papertowels won't clean up.  
I think it is kind of cruel to leave your dog tired up all day long.  Dogs are another family member.  You wouldn't tie your child in the backyard all day, would you?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:16:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a doggy door, the little guy comes and goes as he needs to.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:20:54 AM EDT
[#5]
this is why i have cats  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:37:40 AM EDT
[#6]
in the house is where they belong..

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:52:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Why I like dogs more than children.

1)Dogs are always grateful when you give them something

2)You can keep dogs from hanging out with bad dogs

3)You don't have to worry about getting a dog sitter inorder to go out at night

4)Dogs will always love you

5)Dogs are always happy when you come home early

6)Dogs don't need designer clothes or new cars

Dogs should be part of the family and be inside with everyone else.  If you are just going to chain it up and ignore it, you shouldn't be getting a dog.

Not to mention leaving dogs outside to roam is bad because they can get hit by cars, shot by assholes, bite someone or get into fights with otherdogs or just tanken away.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:52:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
in the house is where they belong..

img480.imageshack.us/img480/7594/newyears05014large0pc.th.jpg

Hehe.. they have dog tags.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:54:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Why I like dogs more than children.

1)Dogs are always grateful when you give them something

2)You can keep dogs from hanging out with bad dogs

3)You don't have to worry about getting a dog sitter inorder to go out at night

4)Dogs will always love you

5)Dogs are always happy when you come home early

6)Dogs don't need designer clothes or new cars

Dogs should be part of the family and be inside with everyone else.  If you are just going to chain it up and ignore it, you shouldn't be getting a dog.

7) Dog owners are encouraged to have their "children's" reproductive organs removed.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:17:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I feel sorry for dogs that are In houses or on chains, I would never do either one to my dog.
If I didnt own enough dirt for him to roam on..I wouldnt have him.
I think leaving a dog chained or in a house is cruel and I figure if I were a dog that would be about the worst thing someone could do to me.
My dog is an asset to my place, he pulls his own weight , He is not a pet. He is a tool, weapon, helper, sentry and a buddy to me and my family and thoughly enjoys every minute of his life. I dont beleive in making a "PET" out of any animal.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:26:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If the dog was chained up in the bakyard eating out of a hub cap he wouldn't have this problem.

They are all setup so they can relieve themselves and roam free like they were intended.

Those are both illegal and will result in fines and confiscation, possibly jail time. Are you ready to give up your gun rights by being an irresponsible pet owner?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:30:27 AM EDT
[#12]
My son will stand up for his younger sister, my dog will defend her as if it was his own pup.

I have no qualms about her being home with the dog for short periods of time...

Spike lives on the couch or(when food is out)in his indoor kennel, he gets walked 3-4 times a day.

Pete
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:30:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Pfft, try having 5 dogs inside.  1 beagle, 1 blue heeler, and 3 of their pups.  I have them all trained to jump on my dad's bed on command, right as he goes to sleep.  He then claims that I have trained the innocent puppies to do my evil bidding, and I innocently proclaim that I have nothing to do with it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:34:21 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If the dog was chained up in the bakyard eating out of a hub cap he wouldn't have this problem.

They are all setup so they can relieve themselves and roam free like they were intended.

Those are both illegal and will result in fines and confiscation, possibly jail time. Are you ready to give up your gun rights by being an irresponsible pet owner?

there is probably a big difference between Tenn and Calif laws.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:58:44 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

there is probably a big difference between Tenn and Calif laws.

Not really... both are illegal here.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:01:44 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I have noticed lately that more and more people have dogs in there house or apartment. Some people don't want to have children but will have a dog in their apartment. Everyday they have to rush home from their long days at work to walk their dog. What is the difference in that and having children. THe child eventually can care for it self. Whose wearing the leash the human or the dog. Some people even have dogs in the house with their children. One guy at works says he can't break his child from playing in the dogs water/food bowl. If the dog was chained up in the bakyard eating out of a hub cap he wouldn't have this problem.

Just a stupid way to have a dog.

Some people even try to drive with a dog in their vehicle jumping all around. As if cigs and cell phone aren't enough of a accident causer.

I just don't think dogs should be left inside all day. That has to be torture on the dogs bladder. What the owner had to hold all day. I think our society is starting to cross the line with pets.

Now before you start blasting, I am a multiple pet owner. They are all setup so they can relieve themselves and roam free like they were intended.

I hope you live in West Tennessee...

1 Why is it any of you concern what other people do with their pets…

2 I hate irresponsible pet owners who let their animals “roam free like they were intended” and get in my yard. Even worse are those that chain their dog out in the yard.

If that is how you handle your pets you quite frankly should not be allowed to own anything more than a goldfish... and then only under supervision

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:05:52 AM EDT
[#17]
My yellow lab Sonny aka sonny boy,son puppy,sunnyland,hammerhead,road dog,killer ect. has his own couch to lay on.

It always has a clean unzipped colman sleeping bag over it so not to get shedded hair about.

He is middle aged now and pretty much lives indoors and is cheif of security when his mother and me are away.

He is one of those ''smiling dogs that show teeth and fangs while licking his chops and snorting.

Funny looking as hell.

The more we laugh the more he will grimmace and turn his head to the side and give his best ''Don't make me have to get rough if I don't get them rib bones pretty damn quick!!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:20:06 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
you dont get your dogs taken away by CPS if you spank them for being bad.  dogs dont go on oprah claiming you are a bad parent.  you can put your dog down if it gets sick instead of paying hospital bills.  dogs dont smell as bad as kids.

I can go on....

Go on about how the dog licks his butt and every other dog then gives you a big old smoochie.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:21:02 AM EDT
[#19]
My pets have a nice heated house with lights "OUTSIDE!"

A guy at work lastweek had his "housedog" outside. The dog gets sprayed by a skunk. This guy lets the dog back in the house because he woould never let Pipsy stay outdoors. The three kids were sent home from school and we didn't let him stay at work because of the smell. All because Pipsy would not be allowed outdoors over night. Give me a Break!!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:50:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Some people may not like the fact that my dogs stays outside except when we are at home.  May question is this:

If I bring my dog inside, do I have to bring the goats and chickens inside also?

Dan
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:02:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:06:36 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
If I bring my dog inside, do I have to bring the goats and chickens inside also?

Goats and chickens are not pack animals...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:12:47 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Goats and chickens are not pack animals...

From what I have read about Great Pyr's they prefer to be single and guarding their livestock.
(That being said, my wife wants another).

Dan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top