Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2006 5:51:14 PM EDT
I recently "won" $500 dollars. (scholarship paid in cash) I have a descision to make.

I can either spend that money on either:

an EOtech for my AR. I already have irons and am good to go with them but the EO makes it so much nicer, plus the extra would be spent on ammo to be stored and never used until SHTF.

or,

I can buy a CZ 75 B pistol. I do not currently have a side arm of any kind. i am looking at $420 NIB, and the rest will be spent on mags + ammo for SHTF use only.

what do you think? its one or the other. lets hear your arguments.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:52:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Carbine class.

G
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:56:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Carbine class.

G

I am in ROTC and we have a group called Ranger Company, where we train with that sort of thing.

I can run platoon sized ops on you all day long.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:02:05 PM EDT
[#3]
GET the CZ!  The 75 is a great pistol.  I have three of them. Check out the special version from RSR that is a B internally but looks like an original model on the outside. I have a B but put my .22 Kadet unit on it full time since I got my RSR special. That's the other benefit of getting a CZ since if you can get a Kadet unit and have an excellent .22 SDA pistol when you swap tops.

My .02.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:17:24 AM EDT
[#4]
you can swap out tops?!?!?!?!?!?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:19:33 AM EDT
[#5]
yes swap out the top end for 22 cal conversion
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:24:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Carbine class.

G

I am in ROTC and we have a group called Ranger Company, where we train with that sort of thing.

Yea but how often do you practice your personal Carbine skills?  A Carbine class mainly focuses on personal skills and maybe a two man team or a stack at most.

Tactics are entirely different than personal weapons skills.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:24:41 AM EDT
[#7]
ROTC. WOW!!!! Spend the money on beer and women. You will be in the desert a few months after you graduate so have fun now.  You will soon discover that life is short.

Platoon size ops? Bring it on sonny

Not giving you a hard time just passing on some SNCO advice.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:41:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Carbine class.

G

Yea but how often do you practice your personal Carbine skills?  A Carbine class mainly focuses on personal skills and maybe a two man team or a stack at most.

Tactics are entirely different than personal weapons skills.

point taken. how ever, that isnt one of the choices.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:44:03 AM EDT
[#9]
I think that if you are in college and already have an AR then adding another firearm may tax your fragile student budget.  I'd spend time getting good with one weapon - since you already train then go for the EOTech and more ammo.  When you graduate you'll find you can afford to expand your collection.  Believe me!  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:46:51 AM EDT
[#10]

that is not one of the choices

Once you graduate,  you'll realize all the answers aren't always on the test.  

G
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:58:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

that is not one of the choices

Once you graduate,  you'll realize all the answers aren't always on the test.  

G

a good point. you guys are great.

since i cant buy the pistol from a dealer right now, (not 21) it would be a PITA to find one FTF, and even then I couldnt carry it untill i am 21 and can get my CCW.

the GF would be pissed if I spent it all on a pistol, (she wants a ring), I think that I can get away with spending it an EOtech + yhm riser, and her not getting her panties in a bunch.

any more help is appreciated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top